Register
Flag Claim Menu
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Flag Claim Menu
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloudgatherer
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Flag Claim Menu

Shouldn't the Flag Commander have access to the Claim Menu? I noticed it is only accessable for the Leader. At the least, shouldn't they BOTH have access to it? It makes sense to me, they are the ones in control of the Intelligence Center, after all.

"One of God's own rejects. Some sort of high-powered mutant, not even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, but too rare to die."
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject:

i am not sure.

the FC can also be a real nOOb just that the flag is hidden there from some strategical reasons
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject:

i vote yes, the FC should have the power to return the flag. That will add a new element of deception to CTF. So you cant have just any newbie as a flag carrier because you dont know if you can trust them enough. I know were not following real world too closely in this game, but with this we should.

I think its a great idea to give more people in the alliance more responsibilities. Whats the point of a cool position in the alliance when you dont have the power to screw everything up ; )
 Back to top »
ncaries
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject:

the fc has the task to defend the flag. the decision of claiming concerns the whole alliance and should be, and stay, a decision of the leader

if we want to give the fc more responsibility he could be made battle group commander (cow) for the members assigned to the task 'defending the flag'.

so: no
Cloudgatherer
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject:

admin wrote:
i am not sure.

the FC can also be a real newbie just that the flag is hidden there from some strategical reasons

I, too, feel that if you are going to use a "real newbie" as the FC for strategical purposes, then them prematurely claiming is just an inhierted risk that you run for using someone who you haven't taught better. If it is that concerning, then let the Leader be able to choose if the FC gets access to the claim menu or not. This also has a positive effect not being mentioned, in the event the FC is online, and knows that he is going to lose the flag, while the Leader is sleeping or otherwise isn't around to claim it.

This also brings up another discussion: being able to assign certain other menus to other alliance positions, or non-positioned members. I was thinking it would be cool if the CoW could SHARE his 'Alliance Fleets Menu', if not to all, then atleast to chosen alliance members. That way, every member could be really in sync with the rest, because they could see exactly what was going on with the others fleets, instead of ONLY the Commander of War getting the priveledge.

"One of God's own rejects. Some sort of high-powered mutant, not even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, but too rare to die."
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject:

a bit offtopic

i got some small idea about CTF and the new intercept function. what do you think of the idea to make the alliance flag into a class 4 ship? You can keep it in your base and also move it with a fleet. If that fleet is attacked then the c4 ship transfers over to the enemy, but if its in your base then invaders are needed to capture it.
And the enemy needs to transport the captured flag to their base giving the other alliance a chance to intercept and get it back.
It might be too difficult to program or have too many possible loopholes, but the idea is cool, i think.
 Back to top »
ncaries
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject:

i like it a lot, alreay imagine the pursuit.....

of course chronomatter can make the difference!
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Flag Claim Menu
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: