Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Researchable Pre-Warp Planet Technologies
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Researchable Pre-Warp Planet Technologies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think that the technologies available on pre-warp planets should be in some way researchable?
Yes, thats a great idea!
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
No, thats a horrible blunder!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Cloudgatherer
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Researchable Pre-Warp Planet Technologies

I couldnt find this suggestion anywhere so I hope I am being original in creating it, but its so obvious that I can hardly believe someone else hasent posted on it already..

Why not make the technologies that are available on pre-warp worlds researchable? I mean, having to fly out of the way to pick up a couple of these oddity ships is a real pain in the ass especially when their unique powers are needed. I say, make these techs researchable! Instead of or aswell as finding a "Shipyard" on pre-warp planets you would find a "Research Center" and be able to commit to learning the research, assuming your scientists are available for the task and that the tech is appropriate to your race.
If you want to keep some degree of difficulty around obtaining these ships, spread the researches around and make them scarce and give them nominal research times. Maybe have them respawn elsewhere when someone snags them up. You could also remove the permanent "Ships on planets" planets if this was implemented. Maybe make a new ship that carries an archeological research team to a pre-warp world to investigate and recover the ancient techs.. "Tech-Troopers" or something along those lines. Just a thought.

"One of God's own rejects. Some sort of high-powered mutant, not even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, but too rare to die."
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject:

i like the idea of like... collecting researches

anyway... i would like to add some of the "weird" ships into the tec tree (science recycle methods)

like one for each race:

candidates are:
chronoton inverter
holo generator

more to come
 Back to top »
Thromen
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject:

I like it sounds link a great Idea!
 Back to top »
Cloudgatherer
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject:

spacetrace wrote:
i like the idea of like... collecting researches

anyway... i would like to add some of the "weird" ships into the tec tree (science recycle methods)

like one for each race:

candidates are:
chronoton inverter
holo generator

more to come

This would be lovely. C-Inverters and Holo-Gens are a great start. Im hoping this happens ASAP.

If it is something the admins would be interested in exploring I am sure us players would be able to come up with an interesting way in which to permanently obtain these techs. Turn it into sort of a mini-game or apart of the missions/side-quests system that you have already expressed interest in. Perhaps this would be an appropriate scenario in which the revival of the long forgotten "random events" idea would become an interesting option.

Im down for these two ships in question being made available as soon as somebody has the time to do it but in the long term I still think all "existing" technologies should be in some way, shape or form tangible. Also wouldnt hurt to throw in a new ship every once in a while, if it is a good one. New $%#@ could always make somebody re-interested. I know the most interesting thing I found when I came back was relearning and exploring the ships. Things I had forgetten (and some I never knew) made it like new to me again and got my attention. I am sure you all know the feeling I am talking about.

"One of God's own rejects. Some sort of high-powered mutant, not even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, but too rare to die."
 Back to top »
Thromen
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject:

YeP!!
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Researchable Pre-Warp Planet Technologies
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: