Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
No C3 or C4 combat?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » FAQ » No C3 or C4 combat?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloudgatherer
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject:

Classes already fight against other classes, thats whats so whacky here! Im not trying to stop or critizising classes "firing upwards" at all. What I want is for ships to actually do their jobs when they go into battle, not just become impotent because the enemy played keep-away with their c2/c3/c4. I expressed that when I talked about "firing upwards" and "firing downwards". There is little more I can add to this discussion that I havent already said, so, the text in green will stand as my thesis statement in case my intention is again misinterperated.

It seems I have little choice in the matter, Anac. I've hardly enough support to change anything with this discussion, much less "turn ST upside down". Which was by no means my intention, lol. Most certainly I will be learning alot more about this through experimentation of my own.

Anachronism wrote:
Those ships are not rendered obsolete and useless, they just don't work against a specific setup. Like every ship in this game is meant to be useless against certain fleet-setups.

One last thing though: This statement is true; however, what we are facing here is not a specific ship that is becoming useless but rather entire classes and for no more reason than what I hereon lovingly refer to as the enemy "playing keep-away". You dont have to use MP to build or research anything to use this yet it moreorless indirectly jams entire classes...Err?

"One of God's own rejects. Some sort of high-powered mutant, not even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, but too rare to die."
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Cloud...we do understand your frustration in trying to apply common logic to this game. I've been playing for 6-7 years and I don't understand everything that happens and yes...it can be very frustrating when you have someone dead in your sights and then open up the battle report and find you have had your @$$ handed to you on a silver platter.
It took me a year to fight effectively however I'm a bit slow and I still lose as many battles as I win.
IMO, this is one of the things that makes this game interesting and keeps me coming back. If you have the perseverance to stick it out, you will look back on this thread with amusement as well.
Not too sure if you have had the problems I encountered but it appears perhaps maybe as your logical mind has problems dealing with some of the things that happen in battle as mine did.

When you encounter an enemy fleet that is giving you trouble, save the BR and take the time to go to the battle sim and try out possible combinations that you think might work. There is no fleet set-up that cannot be countered by another fleet set-up although sometimes it is not apparent.
Have you ever did a battle against a WH or a alliance member just to get a ship who's capabilities does not happen until after a battle? Carriers are such a ship that sometimes you what to have a very light battle to get the nano bombers active for your real battle.

It's going to take some time to discover all the secrets ST holds however that makes the game interesting and frustrating at the same time.
After all...if it were easy, you would soon lose interest and move on to other games.
You will be rewarded with perseverance if you stick it out.
Just my .02 cents worth...FWIW.
Good Luck !
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » FAQ » No C3 or C4 combat?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: