Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Dividing Fleets Off-Base
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Dividing Fleets Off-Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you feel this mechanic should be seriously considered and possibly incorperated into SpaceTrace?
Yes!
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
No!
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Cloudgatherer
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Dividing Fleets Off-Base

I am sure I am not the first to suggest it and I am also very confident the idea has been pondered over by the developers at one time or the other so if anything this will serve as a "how-come" reference for those who may feel inclined to suggest the same thing.

My suggestion is simply this: give players the ability to divide their ships between accessable fleets while not on their base. Lets say my Fleet #1 (100 C1, 50 C2, 26 C3 and TWO "Motherships") is located at co-ords XXX/XX/001 while my Fleet #2 and Fleet #3 are "empty". I feel that since I have "empty" fleets (containing ZERO ships) available, I should be able to place one of the "Motherships" from my Fleet #1 to create a Fleet #2 that can exchange ships with each other because they would be located at the same co-ords XXX/XX/001 and then be on my merry way in two different directions. I am not asking the ability to magically teleport ships from your base to across the galaxy; however, is it not logical that a fleet may be formed (in the same location) from an "empty" one by dividing the ships within an already exsisting fleet?

This would open up a whole new world of strategy and, this being a strategy-dependent game I feel it an appropriate thing to ask. I know there is a reason to be against it but I also feel that any really troubling issue could be debugged with some clever tweaking and balancing. As I state above, I am sure this has been kicked around before so feel free to blow a hole in my logic and/or explain to me why this is not a feasable mechanic.

"One of God's own rejects. Some sort of high-powered mutant, not even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, but too rare to die."
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject:

it would be very hard to react if someone is coming with only one fleet and splits up into several right before impact

so it should have a mechanism like the splitting will take several hours to complete or such

see fleet admiral flag ship (class 4 ship) :
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2236

Last edited by admin on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Cloudgatherer
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Most definitely it would need its own set of checks and balances but hey, thats how these things start, right? Just a matter of knitpicking through the flaws of the system and finding solutions, Something like having a certain amount of time idle before being able to split a fleet, being unable to split during and between hostilities, etc. I feel that at a minimum there is a research or clever building/ship design that would pose an interesting twist on this concept. Maybe I will sit down sometime soon and figure it out in detail.

"One of God's own rejects. Some sort of high-powered mutant, not even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, but too rare to die."
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Dividing Fleets Off-Base
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: