Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Apologies...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » Apologies...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marth Diro
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject:

in my opinion the time with lilly's cgc was not the reason for higher player numbers (and maybe) nor it's the reason why the number decreased to 50 players.
ok, it's true, in that days we were confronted with more action than we have today, but the time before lilly's cgc had much more action, war and something i remember. before the cgc there were several wars that were fought till the end, and not like in the cgc time, where cheating was used to avoid loosing a war. that has made any war senseless.
so, in my opinion the cgc time was no benefit to the game, it was more annoying. and also harming, because as an example the cgc forced a modification in the game that has killed the flag stealing game. today nobody tries to steal the flag of another alliance because it's to expensive related to the manpower you need and loose to get a flag. and it's more buggy than ever...
thanks cgc, we have a more simple ST game today. may that's a reason why ST has almost no new players. maybe.
lilly, i wish you the best, it's ok for me that you're back in game. i don't condemn anyone because he/she suffer from something, but i'll never accept if such a person harms others. hope you bring this time fun to the game but no distrust.
ncaries
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject:

This thread motivates me to reply, and thats a plus,
As far as i remember cgc was not the reason for a mebershipdrop, that was happening before and after. For me CGC was the alliance that broke with a couple of unwritten ST-rules, rules fundamental for the succes of the game. Doing so, CGC won, the game lost. The game lost especially if you are interested in the war-part and not just the battle.
Many say welcome to Lilly, that are not my words yet. I judge people on their behaviour and not their words or intentions.
I hope Lilly, you prove you have changed, by playing this game by the unwritten rules and doing so, contribute to the success of this nice game.
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject:

I think we should remember that lily was new to a game in a time when we had lost a lot of the old players so although you and I knew and understand these unwritten rules ncaries, their very existance may have eluded lily so perhaps benefit of the doubt applies?

On a further note I must apologise for my appaling spelling in recent posts I have recently acquired a notebook with a tiny keyboard and being a touch typer errors have been occuring
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: kind of funny

I think it's kind of funny that we have almost have a hot debate going, and all that's happened is that someone said "sorry, I'll try to be cool this time"

Anyways, I checked out the possibilities of getting us into wikipedia. We need references, so that our page becomes of "general interest" or is mentioned extensively.
This is a real challenge.
I think MJ has a strong point about exposure, and there has to be some way we can create a bit more of it.

I'll go look for some forums or something with strategy and space gamers, maybe we can create some interest there?

/Spock
promethius2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject:

Even though Ihaven't played spacetrace for over a year, whenever I sign up to a forum or any kind of website I always make my website spacetrace.com simply to advertise this game.

I've posted a few links on a couple of forums too.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Well, I'm kind of late but welcome back Lilly, we forgive you and all that.. glad your happy now.

Sorry if I was a ****head at any time during our conversation, it seemed usual of me.
 Back to top »
Inatic
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject:

Dangg Its been a while ST! And Lily I hope things are TRULY better.
I dont know if you remember me but Im Jack09s cousin LOL the ones you said were "multies" LOL But As someone you rubbed the wrong way I accept the apology and you should have no ill feelings anymore. This is a game like many things ppl are bound to make mistakes.

For some reason I had a feeling to get on ST again to check the forum and Low and Behold What topics have arisen.

Hello To everyone
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » Apologies...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: