Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
extra MP for defense fleet bug
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » bug reports to be fixed » extra MP for defense fleet bug
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: extra MP for defense fleet bug

The alliance defense fleet thing has gone out of synch and seems to be buggy also.

It is over 50 hours until the flag will move, but a bunch of my ships went up in smoke. The amount of MP is incorrect also, as I now have a figure somewhere in between my normal amount and the extra 2500.

The intel station is still at my base, of course.

A similar thing happened when the flag moved to my base, with the difference that I recieved the extra defense MP much later.

The background is that one of our players evod, then rejoined. I think this messed up the algorithm.

All in all, if this is not fixed we will be forced to never move the flag, as the number of ships defending it otherwise will be completely random.
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject:

In fact, I cannot do a single thing at the moment, except attack something. It is impossible to move any ships between fleets. Since my base is practically empty, recycling won't help either.

colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject:

I solved the problem by putting my fleets close to ImpWiz. He smashed them, and I can now once more move ships between my fleets, and to and from my base.
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject:

There are logistic problems with the additional mp if using the remote shipyard via pioneer ship.
When using pioneer ship, fleet 1 gets relegated to the shipyard. Fleet 3 is labeled the alliance fleet and automatically ends up at your regular base.

Ships built end up in fleet 1 with no way to transfer them to fleet 3 as shipyard and base are in different locations.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject:

hmm, that seems ugly.

it doesent happen often, only if the flag-commander starts a pioneer ship, but it must be fixed.

is this urgent?
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I'll be ok once "IT" leaves my base and the alliance drops back to 2 players.
I've been using a remote shipyard this round with suspitions that the additional MP that a FC gets causes a few problems.

There are irregularities that happen with the excess MP such as, even with just a 2 man alliance, the additional MP comes and goes as does the number of people listed in the alliance.
Sometimes it says 2 players and sometimes it says 3 players all the while only 2 players in the alliance. This is the first time IT has visited my base and the extra "player" can be accounted for however, not the first time the alliance membership has changed inexplictably.

I have not been able to correctly document what happens yet to place a proper "BUG" report but when IT came to visit, it was very clear that he had a profound effect on playability in this instance.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject:

we added the information how much you can move in total mp at the message, when you are moving ships between fleets

and we added a checkbox in the alliance screen to enable/disable the extra alliancefleet-functionality for your flag-commander
 Back to top »
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject:

Admin,

The fleet MP totals are cool.

Thank You,

SpaceGamer
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » bug reports to be fixed » extra MP for defense fleet bug
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: