Register
WFS official statement
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » WFS official statement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: WFS official statement

We in WFS have only been moderately active in the more heated parts of the forum, where hard words, accusations, personal attacks and, last but not least, some unpleasant language has been posted.

We feel that some things have escalated out of proportion, and that this can be traced to a few simple things:
- The use of bad language and "color" of many posts
- Obnoxious and unpleasant approach to other players and alliances

So, first of all we in WFS will state this:
We are very much against these bad manners in the forums and in-game messages, and we think it is damaging the game more than many of us might imagine. ST is a game that can be played at many levels, but apart from the manuevres and battles it is the communication, and ultimately the other players, that keeps it all so interesting and gives it that little extra that makes it superior to a solo game on a console or PC or whatever.
Respect each other.
Have fun.

Secondly, we feel that regardless of whatever anyone else might have done or said (and some certainly have done and said), CGC have not handled things well. Too many posts in the forums have lacked respect, and many of these have been from the CGC leader. The same goes for use of bad language. The consequence is that feelings are running high, and maybe out of proportion.
WFS is no longer supporting or taking a non-combative stance vs CGC, as of now.

Regarding the alliance CGC and its players, WFS feels that the players should move on to new alliances, and that CGC should be put in "pause mode". Regardless of whether goofs, mistakes or actions that are against the rules are proven or not, all such accusations gain so much in proportion, given the circumstances. This is not good. The target of much anger has declared an intent to leave the game, so let us close the books on this and play the game.

We in WFS feel that we are simply taking a stand for the spirit of this game. Ships, fleets, tactics, strategies, needling each other in a playful manner and gloating with a smiley, these are the reasons why we are here. Let us improve the game in this spirit.
ilofuyci
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject:

Seconded.

It's unfortunate, but as long as CGC remains active, it will be considered cursed, and remembered for this unfortunate period of time.

And though not everyone in CGC is responsible, or even approves of some of the actions taken, the longer they remain in this alliance, the more it will be considered that they are giving unspoken approval of the methods and practices of CGC.

I say the members should leave CGC of their own free will, and be accepted into other alliances, and prove themselves there, and we as a community can put this whole episode behind us.

We can either let this beat all of us, or we can all move past it.
Let's fly straight.

See you all out there.

Jean Rostand 1894-1977
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject:

I also agree. Feelings have been high, posts have been censored, topics have been locked, rules have been bent. I do not believe it is just DL who have been argueing in the forum although there are a lot of her posts I do not aprove off.
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject:

mjx1 wrote:
I do not believe it is just DL who have been argueing in the forum although there are a lot of her posts I do not aprove off.

That's right... I'm not the only one arguing in these forums... I know that some of my posts are a bit out of hand but I have strong feelings that I won't hold back on either... I tried to stay away from the forums for the good of the game but the CGC BS still continued... so need I say... its all me??
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Its not all you lily. You have been provoked by many members of this forum who want you to post crap they can complain about. Unfortunately you have posted stuff that is disagreeable along with other members of the forum not only CGC however because you are not a vet you have not been given the benefit of the doubt. Thats how it goes I guess.
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz

Last edited by mjx1 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject:

It's nice to have a sound and reasonable discussion about this.

What we are saying is that there have certainly been some other inapproriate posts, but that the debate is going over the top, and we feel that CGC has contributed to this.

So instead of looking at details of who did what, we say let's close this in an orderly fashion and move on with the game. We don't think that it is a good idea to keep CGC up and running currently, and we are disappointed in some actions taken by CGC. We are not interested in pointing any more fingers at specific players, we want things to cool down and focus to move on to other things.

Some people are so excited by all this that they are considering leaving the game. We feel that this would not happen in other circumstances.

So, we hear what you are saying, but we are not going to join in on the details stuff. We are suggesting that you declare your intent to pause CGC activities, let it ebb out (possibly speeded up with admins help) and those who want to keep playing ST do so in other alliances.
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Personaly, i don't have anything against CGC to continue as it is.
As long as it plays fair, and realizes that the essence of this game it's to battle...
We at XYZ, only want to have fun, exploring the pleasures of bloodless fights, even if sometimes, that means loosing points to a greater goal...
I think i speak for all of XYZ, when i say that we share WFS's feelings regarding the way how the game as to be played...
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » WFS official statement
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: