Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Bug Reports » New FC bug
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject:

How about we eliminate this update sir.

And there is also 2.5 MP excess for every alliance member that was ever a FC.

This was created for CTF loophole,there is better way to fix that loophole then this solution here.
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject:

i also vote for removing the update alltogether. the switch would be a good idea, but its just one more things to make the game even more difficult to understand for new people and owuld probably create further loopholes. if we eliminate the drop-2 loophole then the previous system was good. simple is always better. and right now things are moving towards complicated.
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject:

After sleeping on the changes, I can see where the extra MP does make flag napping much more attractive and possibly harder to recover a flag.

Perhaps admin wants this change to happen.
I'd be satisfied if the extra MP was tied to base and allows fleet 3 to move freely along with other fleets while maintaining the MP limit that can be placed in any fleet.
Bases will become much more productive as well as everyone within an alliance will cycle through FC duty picking up spare MP until they lose it in battle.
If the MP could be tied to the FC as Linux suggests, and not leave fleet remnants of ships in base upon transfer of the FC even better.
It does make identifying a FC much easier.
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject:

admin wrote:
we will limit the maximum amount to all three fleets to your normal mp ~5000
so in case you have some leftover from beeing FC, it will stay in your base

also: what about this:
we could make a switch - you can use your 3rd fleet as alliance fleet or you just keep all extra mp in your base and use the fleet 3 as normal fleet

fairly good idea... but I'm thinking... a bit more on the flexible side...

if a player has 5000 normal MP that would give him 7500 MP for being FC... instead of locking it down in base or in F3... having the option to spread the additional MP throughout all fleets if they are at his base... if he tries to fly out with 5001+ MP throughout 1, 2 or 3 fleets - he can't do it... this would give flexibility with the additional MP...

with this suggestion it means that he could only fly out a total of 5000 MP or less in any amount of fleets he wishes... so lets say his fleet 3 has 4500 MP and his fleet 2 has 500 MP - he could fly these out being that the combined amount of MP isn't over his 5000 original MP leaving the additional 2500 FC MP to be able to be used within F1 or in base...

He could use this in any combination up to 5000 MP leaving his other 2500 FC MP for use in a stationary fleet at his base or in his base fleet...

To sum it up: put a maximum flight cap on flying fleets of the players regular MP but use a combining factor for all fleets vs. just one...

T2 wrote:
It does make identifying a FC much easier.

This didn't give you away... we figured it was you because of your recent and major complaining about being FC and not being able to use fleet 3...
 Back to top »
Breon
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject:

The suggestion stated by Lilly is one we discussed in great detail. Right now the FC is handicapped on F3 on flying that fleet only to other members bases or defending planet . Personally when I do heavy c1/c2 I like 3 fleets. As FC I cant do that. Initially when new FC rules came out I thought this was a balance for the extra MP. Admin whatever you decide is cool with me we will work with it.
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:
He could use this in any combination up to 5000 MP leaving his other 2500 FC MP for use in a stationary fleet at his base or in his base fleet...

To sum it up: put a maximum flight cap on flying fleets of the players regular MP but use a combining factor for all fleets vs. just one...

your suggestion is good

and we will add one more: if you have exceeded the 5000 then you can use the rest only at your base or to help defending other members

so if 2 fleets total 5K and you wish to attack an other person then the other 2500 can only fly to ally bases or stay at your base...

you could even put in 5K into F1 and send a F2 to your ally and keep F3 at home splitting the 2500 in between your F2 and F3
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject:

I like it
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject:

I also have a suggestion regarding the EX-FC keeping the 7500MP...

using mathematical formulas...

(ex. of player with 5000 normal MP)

50% of normal MP = 2500
2500 of 7500 = 33.33%

I might suggest that upon FC move completion that 33.33% of each ship type gets deleted...

this would even out the deletion and reset each player back to his original MP...

I think that the only exception would be for a players MS's as those are needed to fly in case he's flying somewhere during the FC completion, this way his fleet isn't stranded out in the middle of no-where...

I might even suggest only 25% of each ship type gets deleted with the exception of a players MS's... only because he/she might not be running the full FC MP... they might have only 7K vs. the full 7500MP...

This is just a general idea right now and open for discussion...
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject:

i suggest to delete only from the base fleet until its empty and the rest in percentage of each class 1,2 and 3 ship type, so the original mp is restored

this is done now, so if you loose fc status, you will lose so many ships, that your original mp is restored.

in case you don't reduce yourself, there will be an amount of ships deleted that exceeds your mp, so it is always better to reduce the ships yourself before FC change

Last edited by admin on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject:

we wil implement later that you can use your fleet 3 like a normal fleet in case, you don't use any of the extra mp in your fleets, but not today anymore
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Bug Reports » New FC bug
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: