Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
The rising of the CGC... NS vs. CGC/WFS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » The rising of the CGC... NS vs. CGC/WFS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject:

Marth Diro wrote:
and it seems that it was not good for WFS to have too much to do with CGC this era, or does an ally wins this era being the no. 2?

Well, actually our goal in WFS this era was to take #1 in the hall of fame for at least one score planet (succeeded).
I'm rather pleased that we are number 2 in the totals even though we spent at least 50% of the era-time hanging out at score planets.

Our active count went down to 2, so I started zapping some juicier targets, and now we have a total of 3 active players and 2 not yet deleted old accounts from players who are not active now (they show up in the alliance score list total number of members, but not in the alliance list).
This also pleases me, scoring nicely with only 2 active players.

So, all in all there really was no possibility of going for number 1 this era, and still doing the hall-of-fame thing, apart from actively upping our member count. Our basic strategy is to go slow on the member thing, and try to have one rookie each era.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject:

colinthecorgi wrote:
Marth Diro wrote:
and it seems that it was not good for WFS to have too much to do with CGC this era, or does an ally wins this era being the no. 2?

Well, actually our goal in WFS this era was to take #1 in the hall of fame for at least one score planet (succeeded).
I'm rather pleased that we are number 2 in the totals even though we spent at least 50% of the era-time hanging out at score planets.

Our active count went down to 2, so I started zapping some juicier targets, and now we have a total of 3 active players and 2 not yet deleted old accounts from players who are not active now (they show up in the alliance score list total number of members, but not in the alliance list).
This also pleases me, scoring nicely with only 2 active players.

So, all in all there really was no possibility of going for number 1 this era, and still doing the hall-of-fame thing, apart from actively upping our member count. Our basic strategy is to go slow on the member thing, and try to have one rookie each era.

well said Colinthecorgi... I was just speaking in regards to this with al12 earlier today... I am proud of what you all have accomplished with hanging around the score planets for a good portion of this era. Meanwhile there was a point when NS had over 8 members and somehow seemed to find themselves sitting down around 40K total score... again congratulations on your success Colin and to the rest of WFS thanks for your support... the CGC greatly thanks you and appreciates it very much...
 Back to top »
Marth Diro
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject:

ok, WFS, for this situation you did it quite good.
NS is these days in a similar situation, it's long time ago we had 8 members (back to the time we fought 2 alliances with about 5 members).
today NS has 1 more or less active, 2 frequently active members and 1 evoed out guy who didn't quit his account.
hope, in future there'll be more active players in ST.
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject:

We are experiencing a real ST member count drop.

Active measures are necessary.

I guess it's time for the good old ST upgrade discussion again?
ilofuyci
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject:

Hey, I came back. Doesn't that count for anything?

But I agree.

And have a plan.

I forget how I originally found Spacetrace, back in the day, but I know I've used wikipedia to find several other games I kindof enjoyed for a while.

I used to play Nukezone a lot, and Travian, but those are both kinda for dumb people. They're just numbers games. Have more numbers, win the fight.

In ST, you have the same numbers, so it's how you use the numbers.

Point of that is, I like ST better than all the other browser games I've played.

Point of all THAT is, we don't have a wikipedia article.
And if we did, perhaps we would attract people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multiplayer_browser_games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Browser-based_games

Because it's so interconnected, we could put ST on lists like these, and perhaps people looking for games would come across this one.

We would need to compile some actual information, however. Like, when the game went online, and who did it, stuff like that.

Perhaps a brief history of the game, in addition to a description of it.

And, of course, a link to the game registration page.

We should probably start a new forum topic, to gather that info, but we can basically steal someone else's wikipedia page, and adjust it to Spacetrace. It's easy to make pages.

Then we just enter it into the appropriate lists, and you all frown and mock me when no new players join.

Or throw a parade for me, when thousands show up, waiting to be newb bashed!

Ideas? Yeas? Nays?

Volunteers?

Anyone happy I'm back?

Anyone remember me?

I hope at least T2 does.

Jean Rostand 1894-1977
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject:

Nice to see you back Ilofuyci.
I hope we get to have some fun. I would like to get some points back to took from me

and yes...your right...this game is how you put the numbers, not who has the most. That's what makes it great. Oh, also good idea's regarding Wiki
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject:

I did actually try to create a Spacetrace wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Spacetrace&action=edit&redlink=1

As you can see, it got deleted, however now I have more knowledge of wikipedia and I have more prestige on there too, I shall try and create a new page and see what happens.

Here's my wikipage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:%C2%B2wenty%C2%B3

As for the advertising, It is one of my strong views that spacetrace should have a 'voting' section for it to gain more members. Perhaps the more votes, the more credits. It's simple. Other games have the same system... other games are more popular.

Take a look at this screenshot of the 'Marketing' forum:

There are countless sites where ST is 'intergrated', however none have many votes.. therefore I don't see the point unless we provide a clear link to vote for ST, somewhere ingame.
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject:

In retrospect,

I have asked another person on wikipedia if it would be suitable for a ST article, he replied suggesting that it would be ok if the article was 'notable' and had clear references..

seeing as the only references we have are the ST Wiki, the forum and the game itself, I think we need to expand our territory a bit.

And spacetrace, not the most notable thing in the world with only a hundred people playing .

There are articles about games like ST with 4k people playing, and they are being proposed for deletion, therefore I think we need to go back to the drawing board on this one.
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » The rising of the CGC... NS vs. CGC/WFS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: