Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
thanks for the help guys...

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » thanks for the help guys...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: thanks for the help guys...

[color=MediumAquamarine]I just wanted to let everyone know that you all have completely ruined ST for me... I came to this game to get away from the mayhem of RL issues... of the constant mental and emotional abuse from family and friends... I never expected to hear an echo in a game from a bunch of people I never met... and what I'm talking about is the everyday constant reminder of how much I am a failure, how much I mess up and how much I can't do right... it seems that many are complaining of any and all issues I use and are attacking me personally, not necessarily in game but by any means possible...

Have you ever had any problems in life that you knew you had but noone ever believed you and told you everyday... oh thats just an excuse... yah well I live with that everyday of my life... its almost like I have to walk around IRL living a lie just to make people happy because they won't except my problem as a reality... let alone learn about it to be able to work better with me... let alone helping me to get better, not to mention I don't have any medical insurance to get medical care for my problem...

I never thought I'd have to explain myself to any of you all... but its gotten to the point today that I can honestly see what once made me happy and an escape from RL issues is now just another rude awakening for me... turned into something so horrible and upset me so bad...

With this said... I'm not exactly sure if I will stay to finish out the era or not... I have to further discuss this with my alliance...

I can obviously see that this wasn't the community I thought it once was...

Quote:
Don't worry about this...
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject:

Lilly...if your alliance suggests you stay and play out the era, I think that would be very good advice. Not because your the best player in ST but rather, because you are a unique individual with the same strengths and weaknesses we all inherently have as human beings.

Winning or losing will not not make you any lesser or more of a human being. Your contributions to the game has been, to say the least, interesting.
It is unrealistic, even in a SF text game, to assume that real people will allow you to "win" to boister your need to succeed and deem yourself "successful".

If YOU allow it, you can find some pretty good folks here who would never steer you wrong in real life but, I'll be damned if I'm going to let my best friend win at any GAME we play where the sole reason is to dominate him/her. That goes for checkers, card games, sports, computer games and even on-line text based SF WAR games.
To do so , removes the taste of accomplishment when I win and I don't let losing bother me except, I like to win more that I like to lose ! That is something you and I have in common.

That's not to say if we get into a barroom fight, I'll be there helping him out or if he needs 10.00 to get bus tickets to get to work, I'll be there as well.
If he kicks my buttocks in chess, I try to see his strategy and stop him from using it again when I recognize he is setting up to use it again.

If you have a genuine problem dealing with little things like ST, it would be a good idea to really see someone who is qualified to help you deal with adversity in your life. Life is too short to go at it with a chip and it will rot you out from the inside out.
Best of Luck in your final decision.
 Back to top »
dumenop
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject:

@ jack i think for once it would be nice if you didn't respond to DL's posts in this topic. she obviously doesn't need critism right now.

@ DL the fact that jack feels the need to go after you right now shows that he wants to push you out of the game because he is threatened by you. i think one fault of many players of this game is their incredible ability to hold a grudge for way to long. you have made it known that you plan on abiding by every rule this era, and people should respect that and back off.
my hope for you is that you decide whether or not to stay based on how much you actually enjoy the game, not what jack and others want you to do.

you mentioned in your initial post that we were all "a bunch of people I have never met." i would advise ignoring insults from people that don't know you.

@ EVERYONE ELSE: let me emphasize that this is a GAME. get over yourselves and play for the fun of the game. succeeding is just a bonus
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject:

I deleted Jacks posts, cause they were of no use and he is set on opost limits, cause he should only post things, that are interesting for spacetrace

DL, i think you don have to worry, you are a cure for the whole game, cause we need active players like you.

stay cool
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject:

im sorry to hear this lilly.
even though it seems like i have become your biggest enemy in this game its up to you if you take me as an enemy in real life. i try to keep it ingame.
 Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject:

dude (or was it a chick)... calm down.. take it easy and have fun.. people come at you hard, return the favor and never take shit personal. it's just meant to be fun.. sometimes it is more fun to be against the crowd then it is being one of them. that is the way you made your self.. you pissed off people and stood out and now if you can't take the heat or if you're not having fun.. just start new and be one of the "good boys".. that's what MJ did.. so did MJX and Rob..

above all chil and have fucking fun.. life is not a mission, there is no set of defined actions. so do whatever suits you best.

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Lol I could take the heat Mighty it's your insanity I couldn't take
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » thanks for the help guys...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: