Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Fair play treaty.
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Fair play treaty.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Fair play treaty.

Can't believe I'm, doing this but.

It has become aparent that a number of players both new and old are constantly argueing about what is legal in this game and what isn't and I'm sick of it.

I therefore propose a fair play treaty that all in war alliances should agree too. Consider this as the Geneva Convention except it's not going to be ignored like the Geneva Convention.

Anyone who breaks the rules of this convention will be named and shame in this topic. This treaty applies to everyone.

The treaty rules are as followed:

1. No empty base bashing - This is by far the stupidest thing in the game. Why would you want to bash an empty base anyway? You don't get as much score as you would of a fleet. It is an unneccasary disruption of your oponents building and researching and it is cowardly and perfetic.

2. No noob bashing. - This is becoming problematic. If you must attack a noob then make sure they are informed about how they can counter the attack afterwards. So they can learn.

3. No bug abusing - This is a general game rule already but I will enforce it here. Any bugs found must be reported to the admins and not used other than once in an experiment.

4. No resetting of accounts. Resetting accounts causes a nussance to your oponent. Scores taken by them become in vain and they have to work to find your new account.

Either all these rules are followed by both sided or non of them are followed by either side and since the latter is causing nothing but trouble I impose these rules now.

Now for gods sake everyone either put up or shut up.
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject:

5. battles can take place only if previously appointed. that prevents battles taking place on tea-time.
 Back to top »
zaphod
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject:

i am against this all!
there are two rules in this game. that´s why ST is such a good game.
everything but the rules are allowed (even deleting his accounts)
this is a war game. so no crying.
everybody who is doing something like mjx1 is talking about, has to feel good with his conscience.
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Then why does everyone bitch about one alliance cheating when you all do it?
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Achilles
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Zaphod.

I think it is a great feeling of accomplishment to make someone delete their account. That is the truest possible beating you can give someone. There is nothing like bragging about making your enemies delete. In fact, there should be an extra prize for crushing your enemies so hard that they delete.

Empty base bashing. When my base gets cleared out when my fleets are not home, I feel like throwing up. It sucks. But the payback can be awesome. Most base bashers cant handle it when your fleets are around, so make the most of it.

The only rule I like here is against noob bashers. Noob bashers suck, but the all time high scores are full of these types. Best is to not do it yourself, and regulate your alliance mates. There were guys in TO back in the day with over 100K that did nothing but noob bash. Then when honest guys fight at the BH or elsewhere, they just cant keep up with the noob bashers. I would agree to help enforce against noob bashers.
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject:

I don't agree to the terms as, for one, I suck at this game and only make points by noob-bashing and empty-base bashing, but then it's fair because, you know, I'm not as good as everyone else.

I also partly agree with what zaphod said.

And how do you determine who should apply to these rules or not anyway? Any noob can noob-bash, or even empty base bash. What defines a noob or a vet?

All the other 'laws' should be enforced.. especially the one about bug exploitation. Everyone seems to be against that.

Last edited by MicroJak on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Achilles
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Oh yes, Im against bugs exploitation too.

Except for the original drop method. That was not a bug in my eyes.
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject:

If the training alliances TF and IG were relegated to their own universe where they could only battle against each other, the problem would be eliminated IMO.
I know the possibility of a separate battleground for newb's has been bantered about but it always posed more questions than answers.

They could also have their own personal scoreboard as to who is the best newb and alliance in ST.

Leave the newb alliance and you are instantly transformed into the other galaxy where there are no newbs to farm off of.. only experienced players.

Then the regular scoreboard would show the true best alliances and players in ST.
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
If the training alliances TF and IG were relegated to their own universe where they could only battle against each other, the problem would be eliminated IMO.
I know the possibility of a separate battleground for newb's has been bantered about but it always posed more questions than answers.

They could also have their own personal scoreboard as to who is the best newb and alliance in ST.

Leave the newb alliance and you are instantly transformed into the other galaxy where there are no newbs to farm off of.. only experienced players.

Then the regular scoreboard would show the true best alliances and players in ST.

good suggestion but doesn't help the present matter at hand...

CGC has a mix of skills when it comes to its players... why split an alliance who is so comfortable with each other up if they want additional training?
 Back to top »
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Senor wrote:
5. battles can take place only if previously appointed. that prevents battles taking place on tea-time.

T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:
T2 wrote:
If the training alliances TF and IG were relegated to their own universe where they could only battle against each other, the problem would be eliminated IMO..

good suggestion but doesn't help the present matter at hand...

CGC has a mix of skills when it comes to its players... why split an alliance who is so comfortable with each other up if they want additional training?

We are not talking about splitting alliances up nor do we have desire to.
What we are trying to do is match players with similar skill levels and prevent someone with 6 months experience preying on players with 6 weeks experience.

There is nothing that says a brand new player cannot join a regular alliance but that alliance had better be able to defend them when required and not throw them to the wolves so to speak if the heat gets turned up.
With that said, if a new player decides to get into it with the more experienced players and get their a$$es handed to them, they cannot complain either for they make the choice as to which arena they choose to play in and by what alliance they play in.

Maybe this option could be open to all alliances to what "universe" they play in but again, only way to reach the top of the score heap is to mix it up with the top players.
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Sounds good T2
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject:

I can see where your coming from T2... but on a different note... the CGC would either walk to first place in the newbie galaxy or struggle like he!! in the advanced galaxy... where can we comfortably learn the game with advanced setups and such and still have a chance to succeed without an ambush?
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject:

there is no such thing as comfortably learning spacetrace. if you feel comfortable then youre not learning.
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject:

Here's the whole rub of the game... some people naturally take to the game and it's concepts.
They easily see combo's that could work.
Other people do not see the potential combo's as easy.

It is this difference in people that make good players, average players and poor players.
I have seen players that by the end of their first evo, humiliate players that have been playing over a year so it's not all about experience.
The differences lay in the people themselves who are playing.
This is not to say a poor player will never become average or an average player become good but the game itself dictates that personal ability is a big deciding factor.

In an age where nobody is failed in school for fear of "traumatizing" the student and in the foot race where "Everybody wins ... there are no losers even if you come last" attitudes, I'm afraid these folks are in for a nasty shock when they get into the real world and find out that coming in last means...you came in last... Accept it, however I'll concede it must be a much harder blow to an ego to learn that you can't always be first than to one who has learned early in life that coming in last means try harder next time.

I digress however... if your king of the newb universe, time to upgrade your skills on the regular players. Don't expect to jump to #1 position without putting up a good fight and demonstrating skill on the battlefield.
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject:

This is how i see it, everyone here has a there own way of thinking, there own way of playing, whats wrong with noob-bashing, if you give them help afterwards its fine, but so long as you dont pick on that person over and over and over for points, not everyone here is going to follow these rules, i remeber being bashed around that i finally deleted my account and made a new one, but i stopped doing that and finally just stuch with what im doing and keep playing even though i have like -4500 point score.

What we all get from these bugs, reports and other things is experiance on how to counter and find new ways to do things, there are no rules that you cant drop members or delete accounts, people usually dont do it for common courtesy.

I say keep playing the way we are and just have an overall respect for everyone that is playing this game, give advice, dont like someone, bash the shit out of them to teach them a lesson, bash a noob, then give him some advice so he can get better, with all this rules accusing and other things it limits how many people are going to come into this game becuase of past issues that people have done.

So just play the game and just have a overall respect for everyone here.
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I'm against rule number 1. If you leave your base open it is your own fault. And you can't restrict this at all in wars between alliances. The buildings are worth 500 points each and destroying a base can give you a strategical advantage.

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Fair play treaty.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: