Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Playing the Game as intended.

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Playing the Game as intended.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Playing the Game as intended.

Listen everybody please, this game as every other game is meant to be played a certain way, but of course everyone has found a way to glitch, bypass,hack or even cheat to get more points better standing or something else.

I made this topic for everyone to sign it saying they will play the game the right way, many people will say that this is changing the game, but its actually putting the game back in its original place, if you sign, which i hope everyone will, to tell everything they know about cheats glitches hacks bugs or anything else that they or another person (DONT NAME PLEASE) has done or is doing.

PLEASE, NO CRITICIZING, I WANT A:
YES I WILL PLAY THE GAME THE WAY IT WAS MEANT
OR
NO, I LIKE THAT I CAN DO SOME OF THOSE THINGS.

AND THIS INCLUDES EVERYTHING, THE CTF BUGS EVERYTHING.

P.S.
I have went past my post limit to do this so please make it worth while, i even want the ADMINS to post something here, i hope for and expect every single ST player to leave their mark here.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject:

edited...

Last edited by DragonLilly on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject:

Hmm so yes or no, on playing the game intended, i really dont like you, you know that, i want a yes or no, no open discussion, its either cheat or not cheat.
RenéeAB
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: RECOMMENDATION TO ALL

David and I and others theorized on these possible loopholes long ago, and when we used to find any we would report them here on the forum rather than abuse them and waiting for others to notice.
The only exceptions we made were on "non-players" such as "it" and dominian, which we would try out 1x then report.
We dreaded the time that some of these would emerge but, now that has happened it hopefully will be cleared.
We also beleive we have been victimized by the "dsp fleet freeze loophole" too (rapid and constant clicking by several players on thier dsp's to cause fleet freezes and such...perhaps unintentionally)

If you can concieve of any loopholes, POST ON THEM RATHER THAN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THEM.

REM - Pop Song 89
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject:

Hmm thnx Renee'
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject:

I hereby declare that I will play the game fairly and as it was intended to be played and will therefore not abuse bugs or loopholes

you know like ive always done anyway...
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject:

IMO, the big problem that Renee refers to is definitely a problem that I acknowledge, accept and I'm willing to live with and that is the DSP clicking/game timer issue. In the last major war I participated in, I was busy trying to win a battle that already occurred 5 minutes earlier.
To me, this is the most fun in ST. Head to head battle with a live opponent.

Game designers said when they were coding the game, they did not use a tight enough sample rate and to repair would mean recoding the whole game.

I accept that explanation and I'm willing to live with it despite the fact it sometimes can be very frustrating and cost you big points.

With regards to the CTF, I don't think the "bug" is even a bug.
The tactics used, all be it, on the shady side of ethical gameplay, are acceptable to me. As I mentioned somewhere else , the tactic wouldn't work against an alliance with a good intelligence network. When anyone evo's out or deletes their account, the player must also make concessions such as giving up their hard earned tech to start over. Then, there is no guarantee that they will evo back in and not be found.

Even at worst case, the opposition loses only 20% of their total alliance score. Certainly not the end of the world.

Dropping to 2 members to avoid getting your flag stolen is also acceptable defense but again, alliance members must make concessions by not being part of the "Team" that is trying so desperately to maintain a point lead.

Sorry to anyone who is for this change, I can't see the problem as a big issue. Guard your flag. Rotate it every 36 hrs so other teams never get a chance to mount a flag capture event upon discovery. Experiment with defense fleets. This is part of the game and a challenge to both warring alliances.
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject:

Well said T2 , I agree with that . In real war there are "dirty" tricks used so why not here . only thing I don't like is multing rest is OK with me . Best wars I had was with spies and all , surprising your enemy with all possible tricks is nice and fun .

Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject:

Connor McCloud wrote:
Well said T2 , I agree with that . In real war there are "dirty" tricks used so why not here . only thing I don't like is multing rest is OK with me . Best wars I had was with spies and all , surprising your enemy with all possible tricks is nice and fun .

spies are acceptable, but abusing bugs is something that shouldnt be
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject:

REMEMBER, THIS ISNT JUST ABOUT POSTING DIFFERENT BUGS THAT PEOPLE HAVE USED, OR about why we shouldnt do something, IS IT REALLY THAT HARD TO PLAY THE GAME AS INTENDED.
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Playing the Game as intended.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: