Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
make CTF an option at alliance creation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » make CTF an option at alliance creation
View previous topic :: View next topic  

should it be an option to take part at the CTF Game?
Yes, optional
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
No, everyone has to take part
71%
 71%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 21

admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: make CTF an option at alliance creation

there is a discussion about which alliances will join a pact not to drop below 3 to prevent the flag or not:
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6562

it seems like some alliances rally dont want to play the CtF game, that`s why they use this tactic. they don`t try to get others flags either, so they just use this glinch to avoid playing the DTF game

so maybe this suggestion was quite good: make it an option when you create your alliance, to take part in the CTF Game or not.

Last edited by admin on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject:

ok. i agree. make it voluntary. but then these alliances that are not playing the CTF should not show on the top alliances list, because CTF is a very big part of the game and can influence score very much.
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject:

NO NO AND NO and I forgot to add NO!!!

CTF is part of The Game,If your alliance cant take the heat then fly solo,simply dont have one.
So what is next our alliance doesnt want to play for points only wants to play colony game.No we only want to play monster game...where does it end...I just want to have really cool avatar on my planet info?
There are few players as it is and points can come from very small number of players especially points from live players and now to take away one thing that can change hole score boards upside down-no way.
CTF is big part of the game,it gives large alliance something to worry about(large doesnt necessary neans large group)if it would be played right all alliances should have at least 2 full MP guarding FC at all times.But people became sloppy,easy going so when they loose a flag they go what the hell...admin this just aint right,game is broken,we dont like it...well face it,take flag into consideration not just send your members to go around killing dead accounts.
PLAY THE GAME AS IT SHOULD BE PLAYED DONT WHINE,DELETE ACCOUNTS,DROP TO 2 MEMBERS AND SO ON.

Well those are just mine 34290544978569483265978423 cents.

P.S.

I SAY NO!!!

Greetz Mare
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Ditto to what Failtrip1 said.
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Yes i agree with Failtrip, the CTF was put in this game to have an extra element to a war instead of just fighting huge battles, it should not be banned or taken out, people dont want to play it because there afraid of other people gettign points and bragging because they stole a different alliances flag, i mean if you defend your flag well its not easy to get it, if your outnumbered put up a hell of a fight and make them pay bad for getting it, then get some allies or go back and get your flag back, but the ban and evo thing should just be gone forever, if your alliance cant defend your own flag, dont have one, get more people to help you or just (like FAILTRIP SAID) fly solo, or just have a two man alliance always or if you want to have more than 3 have a lot of allies and people guarding andn helping to save your flag, there are many different tactics to getting someone elses flag, if someone is going to attack and steal your flag, there obviously going to bring alot if not everything that they have to take it, so just park outside there flag and when they leave hit them and get their flag before they get yours and have a bigger and stronger Allie guading yours, and just have a mutual thing.

CTF NEEDS TO STAY, for other alliances that dont want to have CTF in game, suck it up and play and stop crying about everything.

Edit: Oh god DL, get over the stupid multi shit, if you want to have more than 2 people in your alliance then play the flag game, if you cant keep on to your flag then you might as well not be in an alliance, i think you and your friends are the only ones who bitch and complain, your asking the ADMIN to recode the game so you dont have to play CTF, so you dont get your flag taken and points go to another alliance, stop whining about every single loss that happens and suck it up and play the game without using trick corners or cheating, its annoying.

Last edited by Jack09 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Marth Diro
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject:

i'm in one line with failtrip, T2 and jack
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject:

I will agree that CTF should be made optional... also allowing the alliances that choose this to be allowed in the top alliances... the creature lab, the colony game are also optional... so should CTF... and my thoughts and recommendations is only allowing the alliances to choose not to participate either at alliance creation or start of era and can not be changed till the end of there era during the 3 day intermission between era's...

you could make this obvious on the top alliances statistics page by a little flag in a circle with a line through it or something of the like so all alliances know who is and isn't participating in CTF...

EDIT :: as its been mentioned plenty of times before... the recommendation of having a 2 man or less alliance to not play CTF... well the CGC doesn't want to... we like who we have and want to stay as a group in the same alliance... you can't punish a group of friends by separating them just because they don't want to play CTF... thats like asking those that play from the same household on the same IP to play in different alliances...
 Back to top »
Breon
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Flag Game

Lets face it no matter what suggestion or solution people come up with not everyone will be happy. The flag capture has 2 issues the EVO issue and the going down to below 3 members. You really should address both issues vs just the one. I'm not hearing much on the EVO issue. The above recommendation is for alliances who could careless about flag capture game. its no different than the colony or creature lab game.
Durago
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject:

ctf is an important part of the game. if players go around stealing gold bars and hiding them at thier intel station, everyone would be gung hoe about guarding that gold.

dont continue to constantly cry about having to guard your gold. you all knew that was part of the game when you started your alliance.

so seriously, stop crying, stop cheating, and play the game like proper people.

-----

if you look in the recent topics admin made a topic about the evo out issue
if you know about it and what it does please go there and inform admi so they can fix it.
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6558
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject:

Durago wrote:
if you look in the recent topics admin made a topic about the evo out issue
if you know about it and what it does please go there and inform admi so they can fix it.
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6558

Jov, thats not what we're complaining about regarding the evo issue... if an 8 man alliance steals another members flag... their plans and actions of evo'ing out (resetting accounts/starting new) 2 members constantly to hid their flag or to hide their own... doing this doesn't drop them below a 3 man alliance...
 Back to top »
Durago
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject:

if you read my post on this topic you will see that is why i said BOTH alliance need a lock after the flag is stolen, not just the alliance that lost the flag. that would make it more fair. only a dom evo, re-capture or return of flag would release the lock.

that is as sneaky of a tactic as evo or banning before it is stolen.

if that wont work then a 36h lag on flag move even if the player has evo'd or been banned. i dont know haw that would work out, because say a player doesnt log back in an make a new account, dom stays at their planet, and that could be used to abuse the time lag
dumenop
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject:

i suggest making two types of alliances: CTF alliances and non-CTF alliances. CTF alliances will have restrictions on when they can drop members and other rules that have been suggested recently in the forum topics about this issue. non-CTF alliances will not have these restrictions. everyone will be allowed to join one alliance of each type. CTF related ships will only be available to people in CTF allinaces.

alliance rankings will be separate for the two alliance types. if you are like DL and hate CTF, you don't have to join a CTF alliance.
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject:

So what you are saying is leave us alone so we can farm dead points all we want and take away only thing that can stop us.
You want this game to become who can find more dead planets and farm more points, no live battles no nothing.No matter how much can any alliance try to strike you down you can farm more points from non active players then lose from your enemy.
I dont get it where is the fun flying around with swank(that kills almost every start up fleet with huge gain in points)and scoring points on a brick?

I really dont get it.You want to have points but dont want to defend them?
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm kind of in two halves about this on one hand I agree with Failtrip and Durago in a sense that capture the flag offers a balance to the game in that larger alliances have something to protect from smaller alliances It also helps with alliances who keep on noob bashing, farming as they can have 20% of their score taken from a more deserving alliances. So i think it would be a real shame if this part of the game had to be disbanded because so called great alliances cant stop bitching, bickering and cheating. I mean TO had their flag stolen and I don't recall shade crying "it's not fair" even when me and evans danced around irc waving the burning flag for a couple of hours. But on the otherhand I know DL wont shut up about it which is why im on par with Dumenop in sense tgar if they dont want to play CTF then they can just have a seperate leaderboard we can totally disregard but I wouldnt object to Senors suggestion either as I think if it was voluntry it would make the game unbalanced.
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject:

CGC may be an ally of mine and DL a good ST friend, but my own opinion is that the CTF game should not be optional. You can be a top alliance by making as many points as you can and/or being skilled. The CTF game can make the a great difference and give a nice swing to a war. The CTF hasn't been an option ever and has been fine. If you join the game and you want to make an alliance with more then 3 members then my opinion is to deal with it, for years there hasn't been a prob with it and the majority of ST is fine with it. My opinion is get the two dirty CTF tactics dealt with and keep the CTF game for alliances with more then 3 members.

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject:

Nope CTF should not be optional.
All alliances should participate in CTF so 2 men alliance also can lose their flag. 1 man alliances can't be in top score list so they can't win the ERA .
When ending an account before lets say between 5% and 80% EVO it should take 1 day for deletion and this account will remain in the alliance for that day . FC change should take 24 h ( sorry if I'm wrong believe it is 12 h now.) . Also I think intel station should get a little def ray wich kills 5 C1 , 3 C2 and 1 C3 only should work when base def ray is shot earlier

Back to top »
Sparks
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject:

As a member of CGC, let me say that I dont think CTF should be optional. DL/Breon are both aware of my reasons. However, this topic came about because we all HATE defending the flag and LOVE battling.

I hate having to defend the flag because I'd much rather just be hunting just like the rest of CGC. I've been playing on and off since 2003/4 and CTF is part of the game so shouldnt be made optional, otherwise comparison of present alliances to past wont be in the same context.

Connor McCloud wrote:
All alliances should participate in CTF so 2 men alliance also can lose their flag. 1 man alliances can't be in top score list so they can't win the ERA .
When ending an account before lets say between 5% and 80% EVO it should take 1 day for deletion and this account will remain in the alliance for that day . FC change should take 24 h ( sorry if I'm wrong believe it is 12 h now.) . Also I think intel station should get a little def ray wich kills 5 C1 , 3 C2 and 1 C3 only should work when base def ray is shot earlier

^^I think this solves rotating the flag between two evoing out alli members. PERFECT. tho FC change is I think 36hr??...so if u cant delete for 24hr, then FC cant change. This will balance the 'banning alli members down to 2' thing which people think is cheating (hey peops if u had thought of it I bet some of u would have been tempted to use it as it isnt against the rules...just part of war and strategy)

....so everyone should be happy....I hope.....

Nice one Connor
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject:

Sparks wrote:
I hate having to defend the flag because I'd much rather just be hunting just like the rest of ...
why?

maybe we should make the fights for the flag more challenging, with more tactical skills involved? the chance to win or loose more points in that battle
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject:

Connor McCloud wrote:
1. a 2 man alliance is not an aliance

2. if it prevents them from dropping below 3, then it s now dropping below 2, so: no change

3. at the moment this droping BEFORE the flag is stolen is not treated as CHEATING yet

Quote:
Also I think intel station should get a little def ray
why?
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject:

1) a 2 man alliance is still an alliance , it can come in top 10 list .if you can make it in top list you should have the possibility to lose your flagg .
2) drop below 2 is no alliance left , so maybe like this if drop alliance below 2 on purpose alliance score set to 0 . also drop below 2 would take 24h when FC is the other player you can't ban FC in that case .
3) Hope you can change that
4) So it gives the FC some defence when under attack to steal the flag wich makes it a bit harder to take the flag , also it would need some more planning to steal it . like I said only when base def ray is out

Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » make CTF an option at alliance creation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: