60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

tec_server
Technology Bot
Technology Bot

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: advanced mother ship

advanced mother ship (class 4 ship)

an advanced version of the mother ship with shielding capablilities but it is slower

attack/life: 0/500
manpower: 440

researchtime: 3 d
buildingtime: 13 h

nanite-technology
needed research:
final exploration

battle details:fights
(battle engine syntax: f)
tries to generate a shield around 5 ships in your fleet in the same class it is fighting
(battle engine syntax: shield,5)
 Back to top »
soulmaster
Midshipman

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Dam

oh dear i forgot to put that it's warp factor is 3
well now you know, its warp factor is 3
 Back to top »
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I don't think there is a need for a nother mothership. There is the normal mothership with warp 5, the core driver which is cheaper and slower, and then the lowrider and fleet tender which are faster but can't be used in battle and then the time slipper.

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
zenachi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject:

it's a nice idea, but shielding is really strong, so I doubt having this would be balanced. it'd be pretty much an invincible mothership, albeit a slower one. you'd never have to worry about losing your C4, meaning C1 only or C2 only spams would work quite well.
 Back to top »
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject:

This ship would make a swank invincible so I vote no.
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject:

set one up and let me try about 3 regular fighters and a couple bounty hunters and see how long it lasts
I don't discount it as a potential ship but more discussion needed.
 Back to top »
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
set one up and let me try about 3 regular fighters and a couple bounty hunters and see how long it lasts

Good point I missed that class Bounty Hunter 101
 Back to top »
zenachi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject:

T2 wrote:

won't work. after it gets hit by the regular fighter, it'll shield itself, much like the shield generator, and the bounty hunters will never touch it.
the reason the shield generator isn't overpowered is that it can be killed with one shot, before it can self-shield (on most occasions). this ship won't be limited by low health.

swanks won't be invincible though, the C3 ships will still be killable. the C4 won't be though.

the biggest thing about this ship is the c1 and c2 spams, as i mentioned before. you'd never have to worry about losing your mothership and getting stranded. the only weaknesses would be the mantis and prophet (and 1 on 1 only for the prophet), and those aren't in common use.

imagine: 1000 eagles + this mothership. you could hit multiple targets and multiple fleets without having to worry about getting your fleet stranded. what is there in C3 other than the mantis that can take out your mothership in one shot?

and even if the LP is lowered below 100, there's still no guarantee that you can kill it either. i've had (and i'm sure other people have too) shield generators (0/2) survive destroyers (10/10).
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject:

zenachi wrote:
T2 wrote:

won't work. after it gets hit by the regular fighter, it'll shield itself, much like the shield generator, and the bounty hunters will never touch it.
the reason the shield generator isn't overpowered is that it can be killed with one shot, before it can self-shield (on most occasions). this ship won't be limited by low health.

swanks won't be invincible though, the C3 ships will still be killable. the C4 won't be though.

the biggest thing about this ship is the c1 and c2 spams, as i mentioned before. you'd never have to worry about losing your mothership and getting stranded. the only weaknesses would be the mantis and prophet (and 1 on 1 only for the prophet), and those aren't in common use.

imagine: 1000 eagles + this mothership. you could hit multiple targets and multiple fleets without having to worry about getting your fleet stranded. what is there in C3 other than the mantis that can take out your mothership in one shot?

and even if the LP is lowered below 100, there's still no guarantee that you can kill it either. i've had (and i'm sure other people have too) shield generators (0/2) survive destroyers (10/10).

Yep,basicly what he said.
Sparks
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject:

I think your all missing something.

Syntax reads:

"battle details:fights
tries to generate a shield around 5 ships in your fleet in the same class it is fighting
(battle engine syntax: shield,5)"

That means if c4 attacks either c1,c2,c3 it will try to create 5 shields around your own c1/c2/c3 (which have already fought). It will only create a shield round c4 ships when it is attacking c4 of enemy fleet.

So any c1,2,3 powerfull enough (eg 50 destroyers) will take down this ship no probs.

The only good thing is it protects c4 of a swank ie your major reconstructor against time slippers.

(ofcourse he could have got the battle engine syntax wrong... bang head )
soulmaster
Midshipman

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Sparks wrote:

Syntax reads:

That means if c4 attacks either c1,c2,c3 it will try to create 5 shields around your own c1/c2/c3 (which have already fought). It will only create a shield round c4 ships when it is attacking c4 of enemy fleet.

So any c1,2,3 powerfull enough (eg 50 destroyers) will take down this ship no probs.

The only good thing is it protects c4 of a swank ie your major reconstructor against time slippers.

no that is what i intended. it only protects other ships, not itself
 Back to top »
zenachi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject:

in theory the "shield" should protect only other ships, but in reality it does protect itself as well.
try it with a shield gen and a bunch of fighters.
 Back to top »
Sparks
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject:

soulmaster wrote:
Sparks wrote:

Syntax reads:

zenachi wrote:
in theory the "shield" should protect only other ships, but in reality it does protect itself as well.

To both above. Even if the ships is to save ships in other classes or acts like a shield gen and acts to save itself as well as these ships >>Because of the battle engine << all it will help in is saving your advanced mother ship (unless it is in a c4 battle against several timeslippers or maybe even a doomstar). See below

Your ships:
c1 1000 fighters
c2 100 destroyers
c3 20 cruisers
c4 advanced mothership, major reconstructor

Enemy ships:
c1 990 fighters
c2 90 destroyers
c3 10 cruisers
c4 2 timeslippers

Battle engine:
c1 v c1....you have 10 fighters left
c2 v c2....you have 10 destroyers left
c3 v c3....you have 10 cruisers left
c4 v c4....your advanced mothership and major recon is saved due to adv ms shields.
---------------

As you can see your advanced mothership is only good to save your major recon and itself. If it activates first b4 your major recon works then it will be taken out of the fight just like with shield gens.

The main point is that what is the advanced mothership gonna put shields around if the c1,c2,c3 battles have already happened.

For example it cant activate in a c2 battle...unless of course its enemy c2 against your c4, in which case there are no c2 to shield.

If you want it to work out side the c1/2/3 battles then you have to give it syntax like the dominator ie it "brings back" / reconstructs ships....but we already have ships that do this.
zenachi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure exactly what point you're trying to make, but while it doesn't seem overpowered in that scenario, that's because that's a fleet setup that doesn't take advantage of the advanced mothership's strength, which is it's invincibility.
Using it just to protect their major reconstructor isn't really as good as it's other possible uses as an indestructible mothership. I already mentioned the spam possibilities with this.
For 220 mp more, you'll never have to worry about losing your mothership and getting your fleets stranded...

And a doomstar doesn't kill C4
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Sparks wrote:

Syntax reads:

Sparks wrote:
soulmaster wrote:
Sparks wrote:

Syntax reads:

zenachi wrote:

To both above. Even if the ships is to save ships in other classes or acts like a shield gen and acts to save itself as well as these ships >>Because of the battle engine << all it will help in is saving your advanced mother ship (unless it is in a c4 battle against several timeslippers or maybe even a doomstar). See below

Your ships:
c1 1000 fighters
c2 100 destroyers
c3 20 cruisers
c4 advanced mothership, major reconstructor

Enemy ships:
c1 990 fighters
c2 90 destroyers
c3 10 cruisers
c4 2 timeslippers

Battle engine:
c1 v c1....you have 10 fighters left
c2 v c2....you have 10 destroyers left
c3 v c3....you have 10 cruisers left
c4 v c4....your advanced mothership and major recon is saved due to adv ms shields.
---------------

As you can see your advanced mothership is only good to save your major recon and itself. If it activates first b4 your major recon works then it will be taken out of the fight just like with shield gens.

The main point is that what is the advanced mothership gonna put shields around if the c1,c2,c3 battles have already happened.

For example it cant activate in a c2 battle...unless of course its enemy c2 against your c4, in which case there are no c2 to shield.

If you want it to work out side the c1/2/3 battles then you have to give it syntax like the dominator ie it "brings back" / reconstructs ships....but we already have ships that do this.

Now Im confused.You are replying to yourself Man said it all here ...

zenachi wrote:
T2 wrote:

...end of story
Not a good well thought ship.
Sparks
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject:

What soulmaster wanted was a mothership that protects ships in other classes. What he got was an almost indestructible mothership.

... which is good...but for me most of the time I can protect my motherships and can think of better uses of that extra 120mp.
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject:

Having a ship in the class 4 to protect lower class ships is useluss as you need to protect them when they are fighting, not when the battle is already over, which will happen if they ship protecting them is class 4. It seems to me then you can better use reconstructors as you won't be able to protect them from a higher class, but can 'revive' them from a higher class.

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject:

Allready enough motherships, but it would be good to have one that did something special that went fast that didnt blow up in the middle of a battle
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » New Technology Inventions » advanced mother ship
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: