20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 45

tec_server
Technology Bot
Technology Bot

Post Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:30 pm    Post subject:

nano fighter mk2 (class1 ship)

the nano fighter is a strong fighter, which, if it survives the class one battle, can merge with 4 other nano fighters to become a nano destroyer 10/10 mp 10

attack/life: 1/2
manpower: 2

researchtime: 1 d
buildingtime: 10 h

nanite-technology
needed research:
nano technology

battle details:
battle engine syntax: f/evolve

[ This Message was edited by: tec_server on 2003-05-01 06:53 ]
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ran Borune
I would like you to consider the Nano Fighter MK2. I think it's a pretty cool ship because I believe it's balanced. A class 1 ship, AP/LP:1/2, mp:2, just like the blockade runner but instead of being inmune to AP/LP modifiers, it EVOLVES, that is, for every 5 of this little runts that survive your first battle you get a brand new 10/10 nano destroyer worth 10 mp in class 2 ready for your next encounter.

I think THAT is the essence of nano technology (wich, of course, is requiered), I mean, the flexibility and possibility of rearrangements in the ships in your fleets. Take a look at the c-canon platforms, c-canon modules, cluster cruiser and carrier and you will see my point.

Well, you asked people to adopt a ship and I think I've found one of my liking. Please post any feed-back you may give about this ship. It would be very nice to see it in the next round if possible.

if it would evolve into a 10/10 destroyer with 10mp, this would be a great drawback, because you lose against normal destroyers, so i think it should be like this that 4 of the surviving fighters evolve into a normal destoyer.

this really seems very nanite like, but i still cannot think of a good tactic to work out?
 Back to top »
Captain Starlight
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, i guess I should explain, the extra mp was the 'cost' for the versatility of the ship, and the fact that if fights twice, in the same way a cyclops costs 120 but kills 100, I have no problem with the change however!!

Ran Borune
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:12 am    Post subject:

The extra mp cost of this ship is the versatility it offers. You get to replenish your class 2 ships after the first fight. As captain Starlight said, the cyclops costs 120 but kills 100, the same is true for the apollo cruiser; costs 85 mp but kills 10 (against normal cruisers you would only get 80 points) and the dreadnought; costs 500 mp but you get normally 125 points:25 class 1+5 class 2+class 3 shot = (25*1)+(5*+(60) (even with the torpedo interception system, this ship is way too expensive for what it actually does. Think about lowering it's cost).

You are right though. If you manage to have a decent group of this ship, the losses are too great. In the other hand, you can't make a 10/10 ship worth 8 mp out of 4 nano fighters because it would be too powerful. I've been thinking about making it a bit different, instead of 5 nano fighters it could be 3 but the nano destroyer would be a 6/10 ship costing 6 mp. I figured this out a simple convertion using the destroyer and the eagle as reference.

The destroyer is a 10/10 ship for 8 mp and the eagle is a 2/10 ship for 4 mp. That means that for 4 mp you are downgrading the AP by 8, e.g., 2 AP less for each mp it's cheaper. If you were to make a 6 mp ship in class 2 that is competitive then make it 6/10, that is, 3 nano fighters would make a decent nano destroyer.

Quote:
this really seems very nanite like, but i still cannot think of a good tactic to work out?

Here is a tip: Make a carrier in that fleet. This way, after the first battle you have 250 nano bombers in class 1 (replenishing somewhat what you lost in the fight and evolved in nano destroyers) while replenishing your class 2 with nano destroyers. A good tactic to make a fleet good for 2 battles, besides, if you had any c-canon platforms your class 2 is going to be fairly poor on ships after just one battle. :wink:

[ This Message was edited by: Ran Borune on 2003-01-03 11:04 ]
 Back to top »
Ran Borune
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Anybody home!?. It would really help if other people posted their oppinion here.

@Admin: So, what do you think of the changes I made??

[ This Message was edited by: Ran Borune on 2003-01-02 13:05 ]
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject:

there maybe was a mistake in the original invention :
Quote:
nano fighter mk2 (class 2 ship)

so if it would be class 1 it would be interesting.
 Back to top »
Captain Starlight
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Ach yes of course it is a class one ship that evolves to class 2 after the class one battle, I dont have access to the original submission any more so I dont know how it came to be submitted as a class 2 ship, perhaps a typo?

The destroyer is supposed to fight in the class 2 battle as well, so surviving class one nano fighters evolve to class 2 and fight, not replenish the fleet after the class 2 battle.
 Back to top »
MasterNeil
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Why do people like this and not the larva?
 Back to top »
Commander Cody
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Similar concept, this one is just an older invention, has the same drawbacks, but as it builds a 10 mp destroyer it is less open to abuse. Why do a fake fight for 10 mp destroyers when you can build em for 8?
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject:

i`m not sure if the mp is ok... if it fights first in class one and - if it survives - again in class 2, it would cause up to 14 damage for only 10 mp.
a destroyer together with 4 fighters, which does the same would cost already 12 MP.
but they would do the 14 damage in every case, the mkfighter s only sometmes .... hmmm ....
 Back to top »
MasterNeil
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject:

I think it would be better with only 1 lifepoint
 Back to top »
wizz
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject:

its no good one - too polarizing (i in fact dont know the proper word for something beeing top or flop) an too good

i mean:
most players either have 1 c1 ship or thousands (excepts for some special tactics)
you ll gain a great deal against those having few or no c1 (fighting twice and at least once into a higher class)- that ll be the "top"

against larger fighter fleets you ll loose more because of the halved firepower - that ll be the "flop".

"too good" the ship is because of the 2 lp. that makes the "flop"case more bearable and the ship is one of big chance and small risk.

Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject:

I like the way cause there are not many nanite ships and thid fighter is a good idea but the destroyer has no capable advantage, it should have something else like more attack power, or a different thing that will make it special cause its not worth it, but the fighter is ok, but even it isnt that powerful, but a nanite fighter is pretty cool
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Possible new Technologies » nano fighter mk2
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: