Why this isnt allready in game Admin?
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Game economy

Well its been a while since I last posted my ideas so here is one more.

IMHO Spacetrace doesnt have more players becouse it lacks game economy.Stuff to own,trade,to be able to show something after years of playing etc.It doesnt have something all other games have but it also have one thing that all other games lack->strategy in its purest form.

So I suggest You ,The Admin use Kings of Chaos based game and use it as a subgame in Spacetrace.There are zillion clones of KoC so i guess it not that hard to come over one for free.

KoC and its clones are turn based games.It uses turns to play the game.Turns are generated every half an hour(deppends on variations of the game)and are used for attacking,researching well for mostly everything.So normally in that kind of game you dont need to wait in order to attack,you just do it with use of 15 attack turns(again deppends on variation of the game).
This game also have money and untrained units generated every turn(half hour).How much money you get per turn deppends on how much untrained units (UU)you have and how much UU you get per turn depends on what is your daily unit production.For money you can also train those UU to become attack force,deffense force and spies,you can buy varius weapons etc.
Well thats about it,simple game,no strategy ,well those who play it will say opposite but belive me there is none.More units you have,harder is for you to loose and easy going whne crushing newb accounts.But if you dont get it please register to one of those(try stargatewars.com)and see for yourself what am I talking about.It will be much easier than understanding my writing .
Where do all this fit into Spacetrace?Its tottaly against Spacetrace values and standards.
Well yes and no.How I see it this implemented is like this.
When you click on player name there should be one more option to click besides add player and view planet. lets sayOpen attack page option.When you would open it you would have options to attack him,sabotage him or spy on him..Well everything you have in KoC game.Same would be for your planet,there would be a Command panel for training units,buying weapons etc.
It wouldnt have anything to do with Spacetrace if you wouldnt want to.You would have another mini account wich would produce attack turns,units and money every turn.And if you wouldnt have any deffense on it others would attack you for your money etc.But you would still gain 1attack turn every half hour.If you would want to play both games there should be option to exchange points for attack turns.So more turns,more you can hit other peole and more can you upgrade your subgame.Normally that subgame account should be nonreset one and would be same when you would start a new evo.You would just start from where you stoped last evo.
Also there would be use for colonies which are now pritty useless.There should be limit on how many colonies can anyone have .So colonies would produce money,attack soldiers,untrained units etc and you should use your fleets to deffend,retake,overtake colonies as we do now.Production of colonies would go to your subgame but play style would be the same as it is.

Well there is a lot more I have for this but his about covers it all.Its a lill bit hard to understand if you never played a turn based game so try one just for better understandement.

P.S.
Spacetrace score board and everything else would remain intact.Even if you would trade poitns for turns.
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject:

we talked about this on the irc with mare today. i think the basic idea of having a second part, call it a minigame, to st would be worth considering and should be considered if we want to get out of the low-playercount hole we're in right now. but as i told mare already, i think the setting and gameplay should be a wee bit different than what he suggested.
i would go for a dune-style minigame. meaning that there is a planet somewhere in the st universe that has something good enough to make players fight ground battles there. there would be a portal on each players planet that connects him to his base(city) on that new planet. the mechanics could be as mare described.
no-one has to play that game to be successful in regular st, but i'm sure that it would draw more people here. especially if we could tie the one-planet economy to have something to do with how much you score in regular spacetrace.

just my 2 cents. start discussing your asses off.
hope admin takes a word also. it would be a big-ass work implementing something like that.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject:

adding more minigames would be nice to have, but we don't have the time for programming ;(

on tp of the list in this category is to develop the creature game more sophisticated

it has a lot potential

and the colonizing game has to be put more into view.
the navigation in spacetrace must be changed
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject:

maybe one day when there will come a promissing programmer along willing to help out
Noxus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject:

what kind of programming do you use admin? Im interested to learn programming on the side. This way i learn something that i know i could put some use to. i'd also like to help out and its fun for me too. Im a problem solver and programming is a great cure for my disease.
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Game economy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: