Register
Perks for Donating
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Perks for Donating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noxus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Perks for Donating

There should be perk or advantages to donating other than credits. I know credits are a good thing but the only real advantage from them is a wormhole which you more or less ask anyone that is a newbie helper to nominate you.

im talking about perks such as:
1. 50Euros for 2000extra manpower
2. extra probe slot
3. quicker research
4. extra fleet slot

im not trying to buy my way into becoming a better player.. i just want something different. And this is just an idea.
Ardor
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject:

oh I hope that never happens
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Why do you hope this never happens?

You know that's one of the dummest posts I've ever seen (apart from my own).. you state no reason and it makes no sense anyway.

Meanwhile I think it's an excellent idea, infact I WOULD donate if this was to take affect. We need stuff that people are gonna want to buy and besides, ST can only stick around if the admins have enough money.

Plus this kind of stuff happens on loads of other games, some of these games being far more successful than ST.
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject:

the fundamentals of this game is based on equal power and smart strategy.

spacetrace wrote:
bad enough that people can buy advantages in life
but not in spacetrace

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject:

If you should somehow get any advantege it should be a very, very small one to keep the game fair. The admins don't want it and me neither, I don't want to battle someone who has mp advantage and HAVE to pay to be able to compete. We could always start a topic or something to get people to click on the ads once a day. If everyone could do that again I'm sure it could help them abit. For 1 minute of your time just click on all the adds this forum has( once as more then once doesn't work).

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject:

cos people would just donate one yen a thousand times over and have a probe on every planet and the man power of a thousand planets
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ardor
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject:

haha MJ stating an opinion and then not giving the reason as to why I gave that opinion doesn't make the post dumb. Perhaps it was simply done to state a different opinion and/or to let people think of their own reasons for why I dislike that idea. Now, since you want me to back the opinion up, I'll do that. Briefly ;P

Mighty summed up the main argument quite well. I suggest you read his post again, because as soon as that idea of what ST is, is gone, this game will be just like every other game on the internet. It will be more successful, and the creators will get more money.

So the problem? I've been there and I've left that. Hell I even gave them a run for their money. Nemesis can back me up on that. In fact that's pretty much how NS got started. We got tired of it and left. Then a few of us came here.

Then again... perhaps my post was kind of dumb or "refraining from any or much speech; silent"

source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dumb

Too bad you didn't mean it like that...

All that rubbish said.... I wouldn't mind perks for donating as long as the advantages don't deal with the game itself. Example: A t-shirt, hat or something.

IMHO even being able to buy wormholes is pushing the complete fairness category. However, I don't run this game, and I realize someone is paying for these servers. I just hope the "donating" perks don't ever get to powerful.

On a completely different, out of left field, thought. And this doesn't just go to people in ST. I love how the definition of donating is changing from giving something to someone w/o receiving anything back too...donating (aka buying) a few more services. You know just one more idiosyncratic thing to laugh and (then cry) at.
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject:

al12 wrote:
If you should somehow get any advantege it should be a very, very small one to keep the game fair. The admins don't want it and me neither, I don't want to battle someone who has mp advantage and HAVE to pay to be able to compete. We could always start a topic or something to get people to click on the *** once a day. If everyone could do that again I'm sure it could help them abit. For 1 minute of your time just click on all the adds this forum has( once as more then once doesn't work).

You mean like this?:

Quote:

MARKETING POST

Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:07 796 Post subject: All these links.. is anyone gonna click on them anyway?

Nobody apart from me, that nephilin guy, and you admins know about these links.. maybe we should have a sytem in spacetrace where you can vote for each link daily.. and if you vote on all links you get 4 credits..

or maybe with each link that you vote you gain 1 mp.

@ Ardor.. fair enough.. I guess I'm just bitchy . It sounded slightly dumb at the time.
Noxus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject:

Life isnt fair and neither is spacetrace. plus it would make spacetrace a little money.. and maybe if you guys donated then maybe the game would get more attention. (not saying admin ignores spacetrace either). If you dont get what im trying to say with that line the GTFO.

also its not like you donate one yen to get a probe slot.. it has to be a certian amount worth going through the trouble of applying to your account.

if someone has an advantage then form a clan against him. It happens with -TO- all the time, hence spacetrace isn't all fair. And if you as half as good as some might say, a couple thoasand mp wouldn't be much of a big deal.. and some experienced player would look at that as being an extra bonus because its 2000 more points to lose.
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject:

Oh my friend! I completely understand what your saying!

your saying that your a spoiled brat...

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
 Back to top »
zenachi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject:

[quote="Ardor"]So the problem? I've been there and I've left that. Hell I even gave them a run for their money. Nemesis can back me up on that. In fact that's pretty much how NS got started. We got tired of it and left. Then a few of us came here./quote]

I'm known under a different name around here.
But yeah, paying to win isn't quite as fun.
 Back to top »
Ardor
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject:

curses well for some reason I was thinking you used nemesis here on the forums...

anywho not to hijack the thread I'll respond to MJ.

MicroJak wrote:
al12 wrote:
If you should somehow get any advantege it should be a very, very small one to keep the game fair. The admins don't want it and me neither, I don't want to battle someone who has mp advantage and HAVE to pay to be able to compete. We could always start a topic or something to get people to click on the *** once a day. If everyone could do that again I'm sure it could help them abit. For 1 minute of your time just click on all the adds this forum has( once as more then once doesn't work).

You mean like this?:

Yeah something like that.
 Back to top »
Durago
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject:

that makes the universe totally unbalanced. why should someone with money be allowed to dominate the game.

i see no way this would make an even battlefield.

it looks to me like someone with money cant play the game, so they want to do what they are able to do in other aspects of thier lives, to buy people off.
 Back to top »
Noxus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject:

Mighty wrote:
Oh my friend! I completely understand what your saying!

your saying that your a spoiled brat...

yeah, totally what i said... geeze..

NO Mighty.. i have a life with a job and can afford my own stuff unlike you.

otherwise, its an idea to make admin more money, also some people like having advantages and paying for them. It sometimes attracts more players. I know of a few online browser based games that exercise this often, and still a rediculous amount of player still play even though they pay a little more. as crazy as it sounds, its true.
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject:

Sure, I can't afford anything if that makes you feel better!

your asking the admin to give people like you unfair advantage over others because you want to be on the top. how would you feel if only 1 player was given such advantages and nobody else could afford it?

if you want the top spot so bad just do what shade does.. multi your ass off and you'll get there.

if you just bother to think about how stupid your original comment was than you'll see what I'm saying but you have a pretty clear record on your inability to think clearly about anything!

let me say this again. the fundamentals of this game is based of equal power and smart strategy. the admin and the original players who created and joined this game in 2001 were all planetarion players. PA started charging money and we started looking for new, similar game.. a few turned up and one was ST. Admin promised that the game would always stay free and fair. so maybe life isn't fair, maybe it is.. Maybe ST isn't fair because idiots like me and shade have too much time in our hands but I assure you, it will stay more or less free.

the paying games you talk of are shallow gang bang, mafia .... and so on.. a game like ST has a small following because it is too complicated for most. however many of those few would leave if such unfair advantage was to be created...

you want to make admin some money? click on the ad's.

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
 Back to top »
promethius2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject:

The richer your family is in real life, the better you are at spacetrace.

That goes against absolutely everything this place stands for.

Shame on you.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject:

indeed if i had money i would donate reguraly and not because i want an advantage either its cos the admin deserves the money but as it is im a college student and have very little income

im getting a job soon down the road from my house at Tescos if the pays generous the admin will recieve a nice bit of dosh to help him pay for the servers

greetz
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Tesco's?

Mehhh.....

Waitrose is ten times better..

I think the clicking for the vote thing is a good idea (even if it's mine).

And Mighty, shouldn't you be banned already?
Noxus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Mighty wrote:
Sure, I can't afford anything if that makes you feel better!

your asking the admin to give people like you unfair advantage over others because you want to be on the top. how would you feel if only 1 player was given such advantages and nobody else could afford it?

if you want the top spot so bad just do what shade does.. multi your *** off and you'll get there.

if you just bother to think about how stupid your original comment was than you'll see what I'm saying but you have a pretty clear record on your inability to think clearly about anything!

let me say this again. the fundamentals of this game is based of equal power and smart strategy. the admin and the original players who created and joined this game in 2001 were all planetarion players. PA started charging money and we started looking for new, similar game.. a few turned up and one was ST. Admin promised that the game would always stay free and fair. so maybe life isn't fair, maybe it is.. Maybe ST isn't fair because idiots like me and shade have too much time in our hands but I assure you, it will stay more or less free.

the paying games you talk of are shallow gang bang, mafia .... and so on.. a game like ST has a small following because it is too complicated for most. however many of those few would leave if such unfair advantage was to be created...

you want to make admin some money? click on the ad's.

i plsyed mafia.. that was more or less gay. anyways, this was just an idea to begin with. Spacetrace hasn't added a new ship to its inventory in probably a year and a half. (The raptor i do believe it was). And to as how unfair it would... not too much. I mean, theres give or take 70 accounts that are 10 different people... how is that fair? im pretty sure im not going to snoop that low.

EDIT: if clicking on the ads is so easy, you do it... just watch out for the spyware and 10 pop ups that come up.
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject:

I agree with you Noxus but Spacetrace doesnt share your view.He says game should be free of all charges.
Well from what I can see if someone is willing to pay for ones and zeros any money so he can feel all powerfull and if thats what makes him happy then LOLZ be my guest.If you cant play Ill still kick your ass :)even if your carring 10k extra MP.

Well here is what I came up with some guys on IRC some time ago.

Failtrip1 wrote:
I like the idea of reduced research time,it has a lill effect ingame.It could also be reduced to that point that you would be able to research all tech in one evo.Or lets say dollar per foreign tech and 5 to decrease all research times for 30 or something %. But I would add more ships on prewarps to even it out.Not too much of them couse it would be abused.And reduced research time would go good with extending your evo time for some time(but not more then 5 to 7 days)since you would be able to play fully researched for some time.
An extra probe slot maybe would be good but im tottaly against extra fleet slot it gives you too much edge.
Selection of your address,also good one just radius around score planets has to be set up(at least 6h with warp5).
Maybe even if paying player could research tech from third race,but only limited tech research(1 or 2 ships).Even now human can pick up cyclops on prewarp,so wouldnt matter much.
You could setup a market place were some of the things could be bought with points throu market,but with limited trades(3 trades per evo).In order to get to the market you should pay some $,for those who cannot afford it other player would be able to pay in exchange for points.But also with some restrictions,like points gain via market place dont count for alliance score.So this way people would be able to gain suporter status with real money or by being good player and exchanging points for it(something like this is implemented in this other game i play and it works great)
Im tottaly against :
-extra MP
-faster MS,no need for them,noone would pay for faster MS with drawbacks
-no special ships or weapons,or adding AP/LP to existing ships
-instant rebuilding(maybe but it would have to be one of the most expensive things on the market)
-getting bonus points in battles

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Perks for Donating
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: