Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Which is the best laptop? (Under 400 quid)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Off topic » Which is the best laptop? (Under 400 quid)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one?
Windows XP
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Windows Vista
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Noxus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Like renee said you just need to prepare for your Vista experience. And most laptops now and days come standard with a 1GB of ram and now a Core 2 Duo processer inside it. So its PRETTY much the same if you had XP with .5GB ram and a weaker processor.

-MJ, dont judge a OS on visual prettiness, the look of it might be better and more futuristic, but the in the sense that its better because of the colors is not that way to go. i got my 4GB RAM for only 80$ (USD) and its fine and i plan on making my processor a bit better sometime in the summer.

but its unquestionable, no matter what you buy you have a 97% chance of getting Vista. So get it just because theres no real way out of it. and you have to install XP by yourself which can be risky if you dont know what your doing. But its been done countless times.
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what I'm doing . So I can't and won't.. unless I get really bad problems with it and have to switch to XP. Atm, It's too much of a risk for a non-computer wizkid like me, but thanks for your advice, it's really appreciated.

For your own interests, this is the computer I bought:

http://www.staples.co.uk/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?Description=UK_CL_Laptops&CatIds=21797,35750,21850&webid=394253&affixedcode=WW

We're having real problems with connecting to the internet on it however. It works fine on my XP, but the wireless thing is confusing. The laptop can detect the wireless router, however it doesn't want to connect to the internet trough the ADSL line.
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject:

MicroJak wrote:
I don't know what I'm doing . So I can't and won't.. unless I get really bad problems with it and have to switch to XP. Atm, It's too much of a risk for a non-computer wizkid like me, but thanks for your advice, it's really appreciated.

For your own interests, this is the computer I bought:

http://www.staples.co.uk/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?Description=UK_CL_Laptops&CatIds=21797,35750,21850&webid=394253&affixedcode=WW

We're having real problems with connecting to the internet on it however. It works fine on my XP, but the wireless thing is confusing. The laptop can detect the wireless router, however it doesn't want to connect to the internet trough the ADSL line.

http://www3.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-010623.htm

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
 Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject:

your graphic card's shit! so don't expect to run any graphic programs or new games on the box.. but it'll run vista just fine.. good l'top for the price

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
RenéeAB
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: AND TRY THIS :P

www.virtualbox.org

This application is availible to run on windows, linux, mac os and allows you to run other operating systems from the "host os" , ex. I can install/run linux, win98se, win 2000, etc from within win xp
Is rather complicated though but really cool. I would recommend not trying to run the "higher" os as the "guest os" (ex. win vista FROM win xp).
I am also new at this (more of David's advice and work and could use some input from others trying it out.

REM - Pop Song 89
 Back to top »
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject:

somebody said my name?
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Off topic » Which is the best laptop? (Under 400 quid)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: