11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

tec_server
Technology Bot
Technology Bot

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: bombus discussion

bombus (class 4 ship)

the bombus jams 5(all) enemy c4 ships and their special abilities. it´s simple and effective. good for countering ships like the major reconstructor and pirate flagship.
the bombus is in fact a special kazuulian-bred giant insect encased in a fragile aluminium carapace to protect it from the vacuum of the space. when charged by the emp-o-matic connected to its brain, the bombus accelerates its metabolism to mindboggling speed and releases a high-speed electromagnetic cloud that is powerful enough to penetrate even the thickest shields and temporarily disable all electronics in capital-class ships.

attack/life: 0/100
manpower: 350

researchtime: 5 d
buildingtime: 15 h

kazuuula-technology
needed research:
emp technology

battle details:
jams 5 ships in the enemy fleet in the class it fights with and you get back the initiative
battlemessage: "bombuses emp-cloud jams ... ships"
(battle engine syntax: jam,enemy,5,this,bombuses emp-cloud)
 Back to top »
zenachi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject:

a little too cheap for what it can do...
I would say around 500 mp would be better.

but it's a good ship otherwise!
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject:

there's like 1/2 chance that this thing will go off before lets say a major rec gets its turn. the mp should be ok for that reason.

i say it's a good ship. and not just because i invented it.

EDIT> the research time should be 1,5 days not 5. didn't know i can't use decimal point.
 Back to top »
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject:

good ship, i hate luck ships but that one is good... MP is okay when you remeber the chance that it work.

But i don´t like the research time... 5 days are really to much make it 3 days... i want this ships as a e-ray too ... and that fast....

edit: okay senor was faster 1,5 days are better then 3 days....

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
 Back to top »
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject:

i agree and... disagree!
i agree that's a good ship, and for that reason, it shouldn't be put in the game...doesn't make sense,right? wrong...with this ship, the humans will grow weaker...they got no real good ships (specially in c2 and c3, were there's nothing usefull, you got to be mental if you're gonna use dreads with evaps and plasmas around at this moment the pirate flagship is the only ship that gives the humans some kind of advantage (and only in a very specific and passive way).
the kazuula already have plasmas,eagles/wasps, interceptors.....etc, the other races also have good ships...don't you think it's time to give the humans some canons, instead of rocks and stones?
i hear about balance all the time, but there's none between races...
 Back to top »
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject:

linux666 wrote:
i agree and... disagree!
i agree that's a good ship, and for that reason, it shouldn't be put in the game...doesn't make sense,right? wrong...with this ship, the humans will grow weaker...they got no real good ships (specially in c2 and c3, were there's nothing usefull, you got to be mental if you're gonna use dreads with evaps and plasmas around at this moment the pirate flagship is the only ship that gives the humans some kind of advantage (and only in a very specific and passive way).
the kazuula already have plasmas,eagles/wasps, interceptors.....etc, the other races also have good ships...don't you think it's time to give the humans some canons, instead of rocks and stones?

then think about good ships and invent them... thats why we have the system or not?

Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject:

No good , if you don't want the enemy to use his C4 , as Kazuulian use the Mantis .
Linux999 as Human you can't use Dreads , Evaps and Plasma's (Human can't research PG )
Also Humans have strong ships , but you have to use Eray/human/Nanite combo's , like in all races you have to take the best from all sides

Back to top »
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject:

guest wrote:
linux666 wrote:
i agree and... disagree!

then think about good ships and invent them... thats why we have the system or not?

but ships are being invented all the time...the only thing is, for other races than humans!! i'm playing has human, but when i'm finished with it, i'll certainlly choose another race!! i've got no good ships against c1, c2 won't even start!! c3, dreads and war cruiser!!hah!! and now you want to render the P flagship a useless use of 600mp!...humans R.I.P.
are you gonna deny that what i'm saying it's not true?
the only good ships that humans have are the kamis and bountys, and to use them you need to find a flt without c1 and c2, doesn't happen every day or to have good ships to wipe out the enemy c1/c2 (that the humans don't have!!!)
Once again...i'm writting this, not for me (as i said, i'll choose another race, problem solved ) but for ST...'cause if it stays like this, it's better to scrap the humans out of the game!! i only choosed them, 'cause it was my first time playing...if i knew better
btw as you said in another post THIS is only my opinion and latelly it's been difficult to me to find any time to play ST, so , i guess that i won't be inventing any new ships in the near future...maybe if i stop with every thing in my live, and spend the whole day at home...who knows?!! if it makes you happy i'll have it in consideration
 Back to top »
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Connor McCloud wrote:
No good , if you don't want the enemy to use his C4 , as Kazuulian use the Mantis .
Linux999 as Human you can't use Dreads , Evaps and Plasma's (Human can't research PG )
Also Humans have strong ships , but you have to use Eray/human/Nanite combo's , like in all races you have to take the best from all sides

Connor McCloud888 , what i meant with the dreads was that, you have to be crazy to use them(375mp a pop!!) when the enemys are full of evaps and plasmas that make the dreads as useless as a blind man as a bus driver!!
i know humans can't research Plasmas, i wish , they'r best c3 is....the cruiser!!!
about humans having strong ships....like i mentioned to guest, for the exception of kamis, bountys, and of course the p flagship...i see none!!
wich ones are you talking about? the prophet? of course i need to use combos, but the minimum research time is 3d 12h as you know, by the time i have all the research that i need done, the era is at the end
btw, even with combos, the humans are the weakest cause they can't research kazuula or mycilloid (with the best ships overall, pengs, plasmas, ceptors,reconstructors....etc)
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Connor McCloud wrote:

yes connor, you are right about kazuula already having an anti c4 ship. i made it kazuulian tech because it is an emp ship and kazuula has only 1 special c4 so far.
dunno, maybe should make it use the disable function instead and give it to humans or nanites. i still think it's a good invention and should be put on a planet if not make it researchable.
 Back to top »
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject:

linux i can´t help me, i have the feeling you want to hurt my feelings...

but yeah you are right with the humans... i will never use dreads again after i have a meeting with a few plasma gunships...

But if you build a dread swank... add 2 - 4 flamingos (or more i have never try that but should work) and a few cluster cruiser (yeah humans can build nanites tech!) that should make you safe from any class 3 fire. and so far i know evaps make random fire ... maybe they hit your drones... maybe not.

a few combos:

-Hammer/bounty against Class 2 fleets (work not against eagels but against eagle wasp) -> Problem Spectre

- against class 1 easily use a e-ray spectre

- against inters use blockads if you have no spectre.

Or hit the enemy with Plague ships ... or ...

etc.

I think humans have against all setups a counter setup ... but that is not my topic, ask the vets i bet they will find what.

but i support you the humans have a problem with scoring ... they have no go in and earn points fleet like Swanks or a bunch of eagels.

ah yes and i forget.. you have the best scout ship ingame so you could be able to know what the enemy have and you can run if you think your dreads run into their dead

Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject:

offtopic
 Back to top »
Holy KNight
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject:

i like it cause it goes at mind boggleing speed. cause of that u get my vote
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject:

i think we should put this ship in the game.
 Back to top »
vyor
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Make it have more MP
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject:

i was in the mood for adding a ship

this one is balanced and fun and has the votes. you can find it on the planets

i think 350 mp for it is definitly ok (it's a defensive ship, useless against 80% of all fleets and has a luck factor)

(production - ships on planets)
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » New Technology Inventions » bombus discussion

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: