Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
A private place for tournements and great battles
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » A private place for tournements and great battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: A private place for tournements and great battles

I got this idea from someone else but I was allowed to post this, he thought of it for my topic Battle of the titans( still a good idea). The idea is this:
There a certain place where in you will (re)spawn in this game. And you have the two guest accoutns that have been made far out of that place. Now the idea is to make it possible to make a second account. But you can only make this outside of the space used for the normal game, and you can only make this account there for a reason( Orginased things, Grand War, Battle of the titans, vet league and any other ideas). This way you won't have anyone interfere with these events and they won't interfere with your game or that of the alliance.
If I am the person making the most points for my alliance and I am out for a week or 2 or more for certain events that costs the alliance points and possible me. With being able to make an account for the event this problem is sloved. And you will be only be attacked by players in the event as it is to far away to fly from the normal game area to an area for an event.
As for these events you make a second account you would need to wait to start this event till everyone has a certain ammount of research( you could start straight away but abit hard if everyone is figthing with standerd ships). So maybe it would be possible to boost the times of research so things would go a little fast. A nother idea is maybe put the planets a little closer then usual and make the battle pause shorter to speed things up.
I think this last one might be a problem as people can be buisy in real life but maybe a good idea if you orginase something for in vacation time.
So, is this a good idea and can this be done or is this to much work for you admins?( shouldn't be as you would be able to cope with 500 active players

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject:

I'd suggest a parralel universe instead of the one we're in currently, that would make navigation a bit easier.

But, in essence, your idea is good. As long as you can only make such an account during event times, and they're deleted afterwards.

It might be a pain to go and change all the research times, but it's certainly not undoable.

MicroJak wrote:

For fuck's sake would you both please stop fucking swearing!!!!
 Back to top »
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Are there any more oppinions on this idea?

Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Well, I've been thinking of having just 2 alliances in a parallell universe (like federation and klingons and forget the rest).

It would be cool to play a huge conflict with alternative winning conditions:

a) flag count difference exceeds a certain amount

b) number of active shipyards go below a certain count

c) total point difference exceeds a certain amount

Only drawback is that of course cheaters and spies will appear, with phony accounts etc. Perhaps it would be possible to have a Coucil of War for each side, with known and trusted players? Information within the alliance could then be limited in a useable fashion, and the CoW could hand out orders to all separate members of the alliance. I think it would be really cool with a balanced war where there could be some really interesting strategic planning for the members of each sides CoW:

a) how to create joint defenses?
b) how to utilize probes the most efficient way
c) controlling research initiatives in a constructive way
d) planning the TWN structure. Everywhere? Key planets?
e) creating combined attack forces.
etc
etc

As a participator one might receive orders like:
Send 1 interceptor fleet with evaporators to.... Be prepared to sacrifice mothership. Fleet is for defensive purposes. Attack code:ABC
Send 1 gunship fleet to..... Be on-line between X and Y game time.
Research dominators
Build and send 1 trace probe to.... Report findings to ....

I think this would be really cool....

In general I like the idea. I would also like the possibility to download a battle simulator and run locally on my PC. That would be a learning experience!
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject:

what about this:

there is a space-time-displacement-eddy womewhere in the galaxy, far away from the center. if a subspacefield targets the eddy fromout a homeplanet, it creates a wormhole-feedback to that planet anywhere in the galaxy.

basically, you can fly there and back from there to your base with transwarp 100 or more.
 Back to top »
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, it is a nice idea. Just don't know how it would work out to be with forinstence a grand war there. Because you would need to fly back and forth. Maybe it would work if there would be pre warps that could get filled for a war or 'tournement'. If you could send a fleet there and keep it there for a few days without having to fly back to get new ships it could be nice.

Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject:

we have this place already, it's called the black hole. and it needs to be made more attractive. it has been discussed before, but i don't remember whether there was a conclusion to the subject.
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject:

Senor wrote:
we have this place already, it's called the black hole. and it needs to be made more attractive. it has been discussed before, but i don't remember whether there was a conclusion to the subject.

Agree...
I hate to give poor explanations but i want to emphasize on every thing mentioned here...My other point is...if we have 150 players on the normal game how many will play in another universe? or will lose time on a planet where you can get a warp 100 when you can go to the Black Hole or other planets score or you are involved in a war and you can't miss it?
Tournaments is an evo and great battles should happen in an evo!!
The only thing i could say to support al12 is that having rounds back...or do my idea each 3 weeks or another lapse of time...and that is reducing the space a LOT like 10 planets...all the players will be together at some planet with a battle pause, then they can decide if they wanna fight or want to go to a specified place and "cloack" his fleet so they aren't involved in the great battle that could last 1-2 days...A strange idea and difficult but is the only one that i think that could make the players more active with his accounts and were many battles would happen!(Of course attack codes can not be allowed)
*Adicted to ST and Hincha of Caracas F.C.
 Back to top »
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject:

admin wrote:
what about this:

there is a space-time-displacement-eddy womewhere in the galaxy, far away from the center. if a subspacefield targets the eddy fromout a homeplanet, it creates a wormhole-feedback to that planet anywhere in the galaxy.

basically, you can fly there and back from there to your base with transwarp 100 or more.

like this idea a lot....would be great for players to duel in a couple hours time...imagine this, you feel like having a fight , you check your com list for active players and send a mess to one, proposing a duel at coords xxx/ooo/yy(this space- time-displacement) ,or if you say your flt set up is better than mine, we could test it in no time etc...loads of possibilities due to it's hugely fast travelling speed!
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » A private place for tournements and great battles
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: