Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Spectre??
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » Spectre??
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Summer
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Spectre??

spectre (class 2 ship)
de spectre geeft een zware schokgolf af die 1 schade doet aan 1000 klasse 1 schepen in beide vloten. T

attack/life: 0/10
manpower: 400

researchtime: 2 d
buildingtime: 22 h

e-ray-technology
needed research:
gravity

battle details:
fights
(battle engine syntax: f)
modifies AP/LP by 0/-1 of 1000 ships of any ship-type in both fleets in class 1
battlemessage: "heavy shock wave detected: destructed ... ships"
(battle engine syntax: mod,both,1000,1,all,+,0,-1,heavy shock wave detected: destructed

So does the spectre begin to fight during the class 1 battle or class 2?

and what happens if I put 1 fighter or another class 1 ship in the same fleet with a Spectre?

thx
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject:

The spectre fights like any other ship with the exception of when it gets it's turn, regardless of the class it is fighting, the spectre will attempt to kill 1000 c1 ships. The class of ship it is fighting makes no difference to it's intended effect. The shock wave emited by the spectre either in a defensive role, attack role or the class it is fighting, it has the same effect on C1 ships.
 Back to top »
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject:

To add to that:

The spectre does not ''shoot'', and take of LP, like a normal ship. Instead, as T2 says, when your class 2 fights, and the spectre takes it turn, it does 1 damage to 1000 ships in the enemy's and your class 1.

Now, class 1 is usually made up of fighters with 1 LP, so most will be destroyed.

It should be noted that if both of you have a class 1, the class 1 battle will go first, and THEN, when your class 2 battles, the spectre fires.

If you don't have a class 1, and his class 1 attacks your class 2, the spectre will still fire, but in usual circumstances with all classes, it happens after the c1 battle.

MicroJak wrote:

For fuck's sake would you both please stop fucking swearing!!!!
 Back to top »
Summer
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject:

so it's better to leave the class 1 in a fleet with a spectre open and add Shield Generators ( I think) to it so they defend my spectre against class 1 and perhaps class 2 (don't know that sure?)

ok thank you
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject:

try this: 2sporators, some shield gens and a spectre.
 Back to top »
Summer
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Senor wrote:
try this: 2sporators, some shield gens and a spectre.

but than all c1 and c2 will get + 1lp so fighters would become 1/2 right?

so my spectre wouldn't destroy a single fighter

or am I wrong?
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject:

ah yes...i meant 2 spectres...my bad
 Back to top »
Summer
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Senor wrote:
ah yes...i meant 2 spectres...my bad

no problem
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject:

I have used 3 (not 2. Quiz: why not?) sporators, 2 spectre, _lots_ of shields and a sporogenator in attacks against multiple fleets.

This guy can eat himself through a whole base defense, killing all 1LP c1, until the enemy wises up and finds one or more of the good solutions (there is one combination solution that is better than the others IMO).
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject:

colinthecorgi wrote:
I have used 3 (not 2. Quiz: why not?) sporators, 2 spectre, _lots_ of shields and a sporogenator in attacks against multiple fleets.

This guy can eat himself through a whole base defense, killing all 1LP c1, until the enemy wises up and finds one or more of the good solutions (there is one combination solution that is better than the others IMO).

@Senor and you...Why shields generator if you have sporators?
Shields have to be used just if the spectre is involved on the c1 battle or it is fighting eagles, if not, they are useless...A shield generator can't save the spectre of an attack of 1 destroyer, you know that right?...So if you want some ships to distract use eagles that worth 4 mp too...If you are human, which is the only way you can build spectres and not eagles, then use holo fleet carriers, or hammers with mobile repair bots...or...(hammers with shields;) )
Even so i understand the idea left...that with the sporator your spectre gets 0/11 so it can be shielded after the attack of a destroyer...In this case that is surely the 1 you are referring about is useful but keep in mind that all your SG could be destroyed by the destroyers and non spectre will be shielded and they won't be reconstructable in case of wanting so with a minor;)

Anyway, don't wanna to confuse Summer...

Sometimes you should leave it open and sometimes you shouldn't, it is about the battle scenario...and sacrificing could give you many pts.
(And take in account ships immune to spectres like blockades, evaps etc)

But in a normal battle situation with standard ships(fighters, destroyers, cruisers)

Vs a Fleet with 1010 fighters 200 destroyers X cruiser you should use 1 or 2 spectres with some shields or 2 sporators(to avoid worst case) 2 spectres and many shields

But vs a Fleet with 1005 fighters 1 destroyer X cruiser you should use the 2 sporators fleet or 1 fighter many shields and 1/2 spectres...

Sorry about the long post:P

Greetings, Rubens.
*Adicted to ST and Hincha of Caracas F.C.
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject:

colinthecorgi wrote:

Quiz? I don't know it depends...you may need just one..or maybe 5, etc...
*Adicted to ST and Hincha of Caracas F.C.
 Back to top »
Summer
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Rubens wrote:
colinthecorgi wrote:

@Senor and you...Why shields generator if you have sporators?
Shields have to be used just if the spectre is involved on the c1 battle or it is fighting eagles, if not, they are useless...A shield generator can't save the spectre of an attack of 1 destroyer, you know that right?...So if you want some ships to distract use eagles that worth 4 mp too...If you are human, which is the only way you can build spectres and not eagles, then use holo fleet carriers, or hammers with mobile repair bots...or...(hammers with shields;) )
Even so i understand the idea left...that with the sporator your spectre gets 0/11 so it can be shielded after the attack of a destroyer...In this case that is surely the 1 you are referring about is useful but keep in mind that all your SG could be destroyed by the destroyers and non spectre will be shielded and they won't be reconstructable in case of wanting so with a minor;)

Anyway, don't wanna to confuse Summer...

Sometimes you should leave it open and sometimes you shouldn't, it is about the battle scenario...and sacrificing could give you many pts.
(And take in account ships immune to spectres like blockades, evaps etc)

But in a normal battle situation with standard ships(fighters, destroyers, cruisers)

Vs a Fleet with 1010 fighters 200 destroyers X cruiser you should use 1 or 2 spectres with some shields or 2 sporators(to avoid worst case) 2 spectres and many shields

But vs a Fleet with 1005 fighters 1 destroyer X cruiser you should use the 2 sporators fleet or 1 fighter many shields and 1/2 spectres...

Sorry about the long post:P

Greetings, Rubens.

okay thhat was very clear, thx

only one problem, I'm human so sporators are only a dream for me
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Let me put it this way:

Of course you want to adapt to the battle situation, but getting two sporated 0/11 spectres with, say ~50shields and a genator, will cost you just over 1000MP. If you opponent wants to kill you in c2, to get the spectres, he will have to have a lot of destroyers, so he can kill your shields in one fleet battle, then kill your spectres (or genators and then specters) in another. If there is only 1 fleet battle, the odds for opponent to first kill all or all but one of your shields, before firing on a spectre (which will otherwise be shielded), are extremely small.
The point of not settling for only 1 sporator is that it might be killed by opps first shot. 2 might be killed by opps first shot also (bomber, interceptor...). 3 will not (in c1). I don't know about multi-EMP, but maybe one of those could stop 3 sporators at once?

If you are human you could get a couple of genators, then involve them in a c2 battle. Hey presto: 4 sporators....

But look out: these spectres are expensive creatures. Getting one killed means you have to get ~400 normal c1 to make it an even deal. Happily zipping in with your spectres only to discover the other guy has 10 apollos.....
Summer
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject:

colinthecorgi wrote:
But look out: these spectres are expensive creatures. Getting one killed means you have to get ~400 normal c1 to make it an even deal. Happily zipping in with your spectres only to discover the other guy has 10 apollos.....

speaking from experiences?
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Yes
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject:

But I also have good memories from such situations. The combo

4 sporators
2 spectres
1 sporogenator
lots of shields
c3 cover

Is a nice way of chewing through your opponents 1LP c1. A bunch of shields die if the opponent carries destroyers, troikas etc, but eagles are no problem (only 2 AP). So unless your opponent has large c2 in several fllets at the battle location, you will have little trouble surviving most of the time. If you look through the different ship-types in the manual, you will find some good counter-measures, besides apollos. I am talking about c1 countermeasures mostly
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » Spectre??
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: