Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Smaller, inferior alliances?

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » Smaller, inferior alliances?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should smaller alliances group together under a super alliance?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

azza
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Smaller, inferior alliances?

Dont you think that all of the smaller alliances should just group 2gether because they are never going 2 get any where with the big alliances around? At least if they group 2gether they will have a fairly large alliance that can defend itself better and also attack better. This should be common sense!! Ive looked at the alliance list and thiers so many little alliances its amazing!! Dont they realise that grouping together would benifit not only themselves but also thier alliance?!
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject:

It really depends. If noobs *ahem* if newbs stick together, they might have a bigger chance. But anyway, its there choice.

P.S: stop using 2 as a substitute for to. Its annoying.

P.P.S: are you new here, or just an old player with a new acount?

MicroJak wrote:

For fuck's sake would you both please stop fucking swearing!!!!
 Back to top »
azza
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject:

sorry about the 2* instead of to. ill change it. I am a new player in the game but i have been very successful in other similar games like ogame for instance! I just find it so silly that so many players open up alliances that dont create enough interest and are also not strong enough to sustain a good game plan. I guess my oppinion is just from a noob piont of view and it could change as i get more experienced in the game.

_::AzzA::_
Scolar Visari
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Knight of Truth wrote:
It really depends. If noobs *ahem* if newbs stick together, they might have a bigger chance. But anyway, its there choice.

P.S: stop using 2 as a substitute for to. Its annoying.

P.P.S: are you new here, or just an old player with a new acount?

Stop trying to tell other people what to do

@AzzA- go ahead and make your 2's.. Its not KoT's decision if you can make them or not...

KoT, stop acting like your higher up than all the newbs *ahem* noobs here.. you know your one of them.. you only use your forum account to think your better than everyone not above 1000 post.. omg, that pisses me off.. you wanna mess with me??! i only have like 90 post, so you should be able to take me out no problem.. lol..

ill see you soon KoT..

EDIT: wow.. i have 120 post.. alot more than i thought.. o well

Join Your Destiny
 Back to top »
Sparks
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject:

To note:

-any alliance with less than 3(I think) members do not get registered on the best alliances list (even if there score puts then in the top ten list).

-also some people (noobs) think that having their own alliance is cool even though they have no idea how to play or use them. The just have an inferiority argue complex that can only be expressed by the undeniably sad state of being the leader of an alliance with no members bang head .

-a v. few of the single player alliances did have more than one but the other members either have stopped playing or gone elsewhere (i.e. retarded alliances )

-some noobs may think that having extra class 4 buildings (intelligence tho they dont deserve the name in this case ) and access to the mTWG gives then an advantage bang head bang head bang head

....And finally there are two huge alliances Imperial Guild and Twighlight Force who are there for newbies & new accounts as startup alliances. The single player alliance could always join these.

Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject:

boys fuck off.. don't be rude to the new guy!

and dude whats up with 2 clone topics? AT THE SAME TIME!

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
Jort
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject:

First of all, take a chill pill, yes everyone.

Azza, those guys are trying, in their own brutal and stupids ways, to give you some advice like: "Don't post double" and all that. Find a nice alliance, either through the forum or ingame and try to learn something about the game.

good luck
 Back to top »
Sparks
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Woa guys, my 'to note' post above was just giving info and pretty much agreeing with Azza.

Hell, evryone knows KoT has a big mouth ..1000+ POSTS!
So give him a break he cant help it

And we've already recruited Azza thanx
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject:

the main problem with this idea is that who will be the leader of the super alliance cos all the small alliances have their own leaders and CoW and MoCs
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Fortunately, here in ST, "smaller" and "inferior" are 2 divergent issues
A quick check of the alliance stats. "somewhat" indicates this, note where on this list the largest alliances are.
One thing I would never need are daily multiple "internal battles" due to attack code mismatches and other items newer players know little about.
Now there have been a few successfull attempts to build a large alliance of vet. players, but, then the rest of ST becomes "inferior"
IMHO optimum alliance size is 4-5 vets and no more than 1-3 noob "trainees" for a total of 5-7 players.
BTW-NZ is accepting vets and / or noobs to get to this size....NO MULTI'S though as NZ has no desire to become an "old school mega alliance" (as in the "good old ST days") ....
They are just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject:

Sparks wrote:
To note:

-any alliance with less than 3(I think) members do not get registered on the best alliances list (even if there score puts then in the top ten list).

-some noobs may think that having extra class 4 buildings (intelligence tho they dont deserve the name in this case ) and access to the mTWG gives then an advantage bang head bang head bang head

....And finally there are two huge alliances Imperial Guild and Twighlight Force who are there for newbies & new accounts as startup alliances. The single player alliance could always join these.

Only single member alliances do not show in the top alliances. However while they appear in "other alliances" they still have a number indicating thier standing vs. the others..

NOTE:
best alliances
9. Lancatilian 2 7400

And....

other alliances

10. Strato 1 0
11. me me me [me] 1 0

I think a few out there (like Renee and I) are tired of noob mistakes (code mismatches, bad stacking, bringing multi's in, and this "domination via mass rat-packing numbers" idea) and do best as 1 man operations.

It is even possible for a one man alliance to be #1 although it will not show in "best alliances" they still get the #1

Noob access to an mtwg gives Renee or I 1500 points as they rarely use it right

BTW-TFP hit #2 alliance 2 rounds back (finished as #3) with ONE member...with some NZ assistance but, still...
They are just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
azza
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject:

reply to you all, i think that in this super alliance, there should be branches in the alliance. this means that there would still be 'miny' leaders but under a larger board of governers or generals. this means that as a player got more experienced he/she would slowly acsend the alliance until they got into the higherachy of vets and powerful players. This means that players who want to be in charge of thier own alliance could still be leaders of thier own branch in which they could recruit. I thimk if the smaller alliances did this, it would be a very powerful alliance that if run appropriately would be almost unstoppable!

_::AzzA::_
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject:

I believe TLC had that. And Mighty's alliance tried. It is effective, but only if the subleaders are qualified and report back to the big leader.

MicroJak wrote:

Back to top »
iuztheevil
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject:

It leads to multi account abuse. It happens every time. I understand you are new and come from the ogame world, but over here we don't have several admins doing IP scans daily....in ogame multi accounters get caught and banned. Here they don't. They just get bashed into oblivion.
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject:

and then they make new acounts. They ratpack one player, making him lose points. Then everyone ratpacks the multi. Its a lose-lose-win situation. We lose because we dont defeat multi's, the multi's lose cuz they dont get points. And we win cuz we get points.

MicroJak wrote:

Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject:

k, I'm going to answer you once and clearly

I was always in favor of big alliance... infect i always had pretty big alliances, how ever as somebody that has had led many big alliance and probably the biggest alliance in the history of space trace (with exception of borg.. we used to be 23 at our pick in lxg and they were 24.. ) i know there problems.. and they ae more than a few

when i first joined this game in 2002 i joined a 4 man alliance and we grew it to 12, thats when I cam up with the idea of having other positions like COW and MOC.. it was usefull

I later on led at least 3 oher alliances with double digit member count.. Twice i tried setting wing leaders but it never worked as i liked it to.. now why?

1. big alliance will require huge amount of activity and experiance from the leader and if the members feel like they are not getting the help they need or enough intention than they will start losing intrest in the game

2. due to the complicity of this game, they are only a handful of true vets who can play the game on there own with out needing alot of asistnce and so when you make an alliance big, you make it a noob alliance

3. noobs lose intrest in the game ery fast unless they get alot of help from the get go.. they expect there alliance to come to there aid everytime they get attacked and make an alliance war with every one tha attacks them.. now you can see how this could be complicated. they all think they are in a super alliance.. when in reality half of the alliance is getting attacked and 3rd of them dont have a clue how to even help them self out

4. to keep those noobs active and playing.. you need to answer there questions all the time.. now imagine reciving 20 mails a day.. all expecting you to respond back with a list of answers to there list of questions.. many of which they could have found in the manual had they botherd to read it

5. big alliances are very hard to be trustable.. as they re so many players that nobody knows anybody else and it could be easly infiltrated by spys from other alliances.. reviling there info like the whereabouts of there flag.. i destoryed a couple of alliance (mainly fleet alliance with 12 members) using only spys and feeding there own info back to them

6.mini leaders wont work becuse most people who have the capacity and the wish to lead have there own alliance.. many times i have joined up little alliance to make a big one.. last tie around when making PFIU i asked a couplf of alliance including Trailer park boys to join and offerd them such position.. now T2 is very strong vet but back in those days even though he led an alliance he was him self a new player who lacked experiance and experties to lead..

7. you could say what if we make a big alliance out of vets.. well as i mentioned they are a limited number of vets and when put togther they will become redeculicy powerfull and the game will become very stupid as there will be 1 alliance with scores leading 5 times the scores of 2nd best alliance and many players an noobs will lose intrest in the game all toghter as they will be the pray for the vets

so at the end of the story normally anything bigger than 15 members in an aliance will put a huge pressure on the leaders of the alliance.. and if all the vets get toghter.. well the game gets too unbalanced and boring

i know i have typing errors.. i type redeculesly fast and i don't feel like going bak to fix they typin errors.. night

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
Robert Roy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject:

Mighty wrote:
k, I'm going to answer you once and clearly

Sure we really need these egoboost talks.
Mighty wrote:
now T2 is very strong vet

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » Smaller, inferior alliances?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: