Shade
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Well no dear brother, i was referring to the following quotes :

Robert Roy wrote:
Drop dead.

Noxus wrote:
who do you think you are? only the one who Totally Owns can start up Total Ownage.. plus you need the password from Shade.... unless??.....

nah...

Noxus wrote:

actually.. i was thinking that Shade actually had returned but... im like, "Shade wouldnt act all g.ay about -TO- coming back..."

unless you thought i was thinking of thinking of something else... i think..? lol

T2 wrote:
I do not believe the New Total Ownage can field the power of the original group. There is not the skill available to make a 7 or 8 man experienced alliance that can dominate completely. Pardon me...the skill is available but tied up in different alliances.
It may become a good alliance but far from owning anyone in the top 5 (except Ladivamp who I suspect the points to be illbegotten).

I could be wrong... but...time will tell I guess.
Good Luck...

Connor McCloud wrote:
Sorry , without Shade no return of -TO-

Knight of Truth wrote:
a restarted TO isnt bad. But without Shade, it wouldnt Tottaly Own. It would be Tottaly ***.

Star Commander wrote:
Sorry, -TO- stays closed till either Shade or Base is around and you wont find that ever or even for along time.

.... well said
Skyfreak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject:

ha ha, sorry for the provocation then, but u fell for it lol

created by compu_head
1 of 9 who killed borg
www.edge-tv.net
 Back to top »
concour
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject:

in order to bring spacetrace to what it once was, we need all of the old players to come back
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Scolar Visari
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject:

thats a given concour.... but what needs to happen is the vets take a promising young player with little or no talent and turn them into a killing machine..

honestly though, i think why spacetrace is not that active anymore is because of its lack to advance.. what i mean, (and dont get me wrong, ST is a great game) is that spacetrace has been up for 5 years or more and nothing or very little has changed... it might get really boring after a while..

and another reason ST is going down is because of the advancments in other technology... theres the Playstation 3, the Nintendo Wii, the Xbox 360... ST is only a imaginary ship game.. no graphics, or anything and thats not really appealing to today's world.. heck, i could go get a Star Wars Galactic Conquest and have the same thing as ST with graphics and explosions included..

hopfully it picks up again.. you can only hope...

Join Your Destiny
 Back to top »
concour
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject:

first of all the ps3 and the xbox don't take players away from spacetrace, and the game would be exiting if their were more wars going on, and the players fighting the wars would devolp skill in fighting them. Also you don't neccusary become a good player having a vet take you under their wing, but you become a great player when you fight the vets, and then when you loose battles you, read the manual through again, and you do that a couple times, so you can understand how the battles are fougten. Then read what everyships does, and understand why you lose the battle you fought. Then try to setup a fleet that will counter the fleet you lose to. that is how you become a great player.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Skyfreak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject:

I think no matter how much tech is out, it has nothing to do with web paged games like this, spacetrace being the best for me. As the admins stated so often now, if they would get a sponsor who says, yo you guyz make something special out of it, it is special but admins know what I mean, they would invent an amazing spacetrace web page online game, I know that, they have an amazing talent. So, anyone has 100k so that we take this to the next level without loosing the magic of the game. And big thanx for the server that is soon installed. It is not boring, never will be, but we all can make it boring that is true, matter of believe. Peace base

created by compu_head
1 of 9 who killed borg
www.edge-tv.net
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Some statements you make I agree with Concour and some I do not with all due respect.
I do not believe a new player will learn as quick fighting Vets as they will fighting other players of their skill. Keep in mind however, I am talking about NEW players, not players who have a couple evo's under their belt. The level of opponent strength should progressively get harder as opposed to being "thrown off the deep end" against seasoned veterans.
That has been my experience so far. Much depends on the individual themselves how fast they progress.

The real objective is to get the players in the game and keep them interested. The skill will come with time and experience.
If a new player loses his first 5-10 battles, he is apt to say "this game makes no sense to me so I'm out of here" but on the other hand, if a new player wins the odd battle, it provides encouragement to take on stronger, more difficult challenges. Getting beat up all the time does not provide this and encourages drop-outs.
 Back to top »
imperial wizzard
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:

There is only one -TO- thats whit Shade or Base.

greetz

Imperial

-Proud member of -TO-
concour
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject:

i was really focusing on the point of reading the manual. Once you fully understand the main concepts of the game and can start wining battles
hell_fire
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject:

T2 sometimes though being thrown into the deepend is exactly what is needed to be done. In some cases a player learns quick enough because the player wants to survive and get in the battle instead of being protected. Then again there are a lot more people who learn concepts of web based games not just slower but are also more furstrated with the results.

p.s. do not know if i made any sense at all in that post. but i know what i was trying to say.

http://www.freewebs.com/1cbk/
 Back to top »
Skyfreak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject:

I get what you saying, its like sky-diving. You can choose static line, x amount of jumps till they let you jump out on ur own and with freefall, or you choose aff, accelerated freefall where your first jump is out of 12000 feet, now that is deepend very quick I am just working on my posts, I wana get to 1000, then I invite everyone for a beer oeps sorry a soda, with all those minors in here

created by compu_head
1 of 9 who killed borg
www.edge-tv.net
 Back to top »
concour
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject:

screw soda, i will dink all the beer and liquer i want. Besides, military bases, don't really ave an age limit for soilders.
Skyfreak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject:

ok spacesoda it will be, dont wana be responsible for brain damage javascript:emoticon('')
javascript:emoticon('')

created by compu_head
1 of 9 who killed borg
www.edge-tv.net
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Discussion and Recruitment » Total Ownage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: