Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Galaxy Lords - Peace in our galaxy united!

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Discussion and Recruitment » Galaxy Lords - Peace in our galaxy united!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tangoconure
Midshipman

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Galaxy Lords - Peace in our galaxy united!

Join Galaxy Lords today!

We are a friendly alliance, which needs new members to help us keep peace and safety to our members, through war. We have a site, the address is:

www.freewebs.com/galaxylords

We are a new alliance, which will strive for a better tomorrow for our civilizations. If you wish to be a part of us and our cause, please message myself (SunConure) in-game, and I will do my best to reply as soon as possible.

Keep in mind that we wish all members to be courteous to one another, so if you wish to join for the sole purpose of saboutage, spying, or any other anti-social behaviour; you are not welcome in our Alliance.

Have fun everyone ^^

-Tangoconure- (SunConure)

(This post was edited by Tangoconure after the replies of some viewers)

Last edited by Tangoconure on Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject:

hmmm, I give it 8/10, good post.

I had a forum for DEFIANCE, It didn't really work out and nobody joined.

Also DD had a SSA forum (alliance forum) That didn't work out either.

I would suggest you make a proper website, then put a link on it to your forum, this way people will read all about your alliance, conditions etc. on your website, and also it will be easier for them to reply (they don't have to sign up). Then you put a link to your forum, once they have read the other topics you can put a link to your forum there, that way people will be more interested because they realise the time and effort you have put into this alliance.

Use www.freewebs.com

Now, onto the ST part, I think that most professional players will be in the Grand War or in their own alliance.

But I think noobs do not understand the 'technical talk' in the other forums, therefore will want to be part of a simpler thing.

If you could describe the War in easier detail, and give help to noobs, I think that at this time it is a great opputunaty to start an alliance, as long as you hlep noobs understand ST and the War better, otherwise they will be put off from ST.

So, basically great post, and good luck !
Dinskydude
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I guess this won't work out, as this game is based on war and it's tactics. And yes, tactics include spying, sabotage, destruction and killing. So what? That's the game! Not to offend you, but when you don't like these sort of games, then don't play 'em. I find it very social to try from you, but it probably just won't work.
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Lords - Peace in our galaxy united!

Tangoconure wrote:
Join Galaxy Lords today!
We are a friendly alliance, which needs new members to help us keep peace and safety to our members. We have a forum, the address is:

"WAR FOR PEACE AND SECURITY" ??? Sounds familiar but, flawed

If you succeed with this strategy, pm the Whitehouse in Washington DC and tell them how it is done as they have been trying this for years
They are just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
Tangoconure
Midshipman

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject:

I probably said the wrong thing. What I meant with this, is that we are creating peace through war. There will be many a person who will be ravaged by war, and look for a more peaceful outcome, if only for a short while. My alliance "Galaxy Lords" strives for that outcome, and once a powerful alliance, we will be sort of like a warring alliance who helps stop wars which will overpower a member of the alliance.

I have put together a site. The address is:

www.freewebs.com/galaxylords

I dont mean to offend anyone with this, but lots of people play these games for the purpose of helping others out. I am one of those people, and I know how annoying it is, when a strong person (stronger than yourself), comes along and starts pounding you with a fleet which you cant stop, as soon as you come out of protection! I want to help those people develop, and then be able to declare war themselves. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and outlooks, and this game leaves it open for anyone to start a new regime of any sort. If all everyone wants is war, then what point is there in putting so much option in a game?

For those who wish for a more peaceful outcome, and help in the game, look no further. Go to my site, and have a look at my views and opinions.
 Back to top »
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject:

Tangoconure wrote:
I probably said the wrong thing. What I meant with this, is that we are creating peace through war.

Actually you said it right the 1st time "War for peace and security"...which is a.k.a...an oxymoron....equivilent to "promiscuity for virginity"

Tangoconure wrote:

I dont mean to offend anyone with this, but lots of people play these games for the purpose of helping others out. I am one of those people, and I know how annoying it is, when a strong person (stronger than yourself), comes along and starts pounding you with a fleet which you cant stop, as soon as you come out of protection! I want to help those people develop, and then be able to declare war themselves. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and outlooks, and this game leaves it open for anyone to start a new regime of any sort. If all everyone wants is war, then what point is there in putting so much option in a game?

For those who wish for a more peaceful outcome, and help in the game, look no further. Go to my site, and have a look at my views and opinions.

No offense taken, however, ST is not the typical game where vets. can bury any new player at will and constantly. A little more time in this game and you will realize this
They are just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject:

Tangoconure... I understand exactly what you are saying without even reading your web page.
It takes a little while to learn the ships and the way a battle goes down so if at first you are unsuccessful, join up with a good alliance. It will greatly speed up your mission. There are a few around and i would be happy to point you in the right direction.
For this first evo, if i may suggest, just have fun...don't put too much stock in your point gain or loss. Learn how to move about, use of wormholes, how the battle order happens and other basic stuff. Try attacking a score planet. There are 3 available. Also, there is a simulator that you can go to and practice battles against other fleets you can instantly spawn for your battle pleasure. On your 2nd evo, like i say, request to join a reputable alliance where they can show you the finer points of battle like using battle pause and manipulation of attack codes so you can hit 1 fleet in a base and leave another fleet alone.

I'm sure you have read up on some of the basic rules to follow for a successful attack such as always use a Deep Scan Probe to "check out" you chosen target first and always leaving 1 ship of each class 1 to 3 in your base for protection ( has to do with the battle order).

A question I like to ask new players is if you had 10 fighters in a fleet and the enemy has 950 fighters...who would win that portion of the sub-battle ? Understanding the right answer means you are well on your way to winning some battles.
 Back to top »
Dinskydude
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Tangoconure wrote:
...we are creating peace through war.

I don't get that! Please join another alliance with a reputation, like say TPC, unless they are getting selective since some mistake they made with MJ (please don't ask...)

T2 wrote:
Also, there is a simulator that you can go to and practice battles against other fleets you can instantly spawn for your battle pleasure.

How come i didn't know that? Where is it?
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
the new battlesimulator is placed on a planet:
Planet Nanosource: 470/497/46

you have to fly there with a fleet then you will find a button there to start the battlesimulator.

this way only one player at a time can use the simulator (cause it creates a lot of CPU-Power on the server)

The Simulator consists of five simulated players (each race one player) that are positioned directly next to each other.
the speed in the simulator is 1000 times as fast as in the game, so ships are built in seconds and fleets between the simulated players are fast. and ships are not destroyed after battle, so: you see the battlereport, but the ships are still there afterwards
 Back to top »
promethius2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

And then I took a vow of abstinence. Just like my father. And his father.

Last edited by promethius2 on Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dinskydude
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Nice, i didn't know that! gotta use it sometime for practise..
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Dinskydude wrote:
Tangoconure wrote:
...we are creating peace through war.

I don't get that! Please join another alliance with a reputation, like say TPC, unless they are getting selective since some mistake they made with MJ (please don't ask...)

How come i didn't know that? Where is it?

Hehe, yeah, the good old days....

Also I'm suprised that no one knew Tales of a Broken Home was a Greenday song.

Anyway, good luck Tangoconure, I see where your coming from even if some people don't.
Orcus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject:

promethius2 wrote:
And then I took a vow of abstinence. Just like my father. And his father.

lol.. this makes as sense as warring for peace... :S
neat-o, misquito, Toledo...

Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Discussion and Recruitment » Galaxy Lords - Peace in our galaxy united!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: