GNN-Top Stories
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » GNN Breaking News » GNN-Top Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galactic News Network-GNN
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject:

Weekly update! Brought to you by GNN broadcast news...

Im Katie Salinator, with me, as always, is Samuel J. Rinklebaum. Sam, how is the leaderboard looking?

Not too bad, Katie. Heres a look for our home viewers:

1. Guns of August 75537 +18661
2. Tea Cup -03- of Tea Pot -03- 64478 +5097
3. Roland of Gilead, The Gunslinger 48819 +2977
4. Le Creme of Chocolate Cake 47287 -288
5. D Man of Drempleworld 44232 +2003
6. The Master. of Time and Space 36845 +533
7. please dont kill me of I am new 34506 +211
8. O-siris of e-xzuly 33953 +2846
9. Blackmagic... of Shadowball 33521 +3821
10. Lance..... of Armcedy..... 27022 unlisted

A new addition to the leaderboard is the score movement from the last update, up or down.

And now the alliance list:

1. The Gunslingers [KaTet-19] 12 237900
2. 128th Spaceborne Rangers [<SBR>] 5 204600
3. MasterHunters° [azn =P] 3 75000
4. The Flying Dutchman° [TFD] 7 65000
5. NeutralZone° [NZ] 6 34800
6. DESTRUCTION [DEFIANCE] 5 26500
7. The Legendary Commanders [TLC] 4 24100
8. Cold Blooded Killers° [CBK] 5 23200

We have shown a few more alliances than usual this week, to show most of the alliances involved in the multi-alliance war. For those of you unaware, Gunslingers and Cold blooded killers are fighting The Flying Dutchman and Destruction. We will be able to track alliance score movement better this way, creating a permanent record, providing that membership doesnt fluctuate too much. Also, due to membership fluctuation, alliance scores will not be tracked plus or minus.

As noted in an earlier broadcast, Gunslingers have taken in the Space Mercs, bringing them to the top. Looks like the Gunslingers will be continuing to skyrocket, controlling the war, and TFD's flag!

While we discuss flag snatchings, we would like to point out that the unsung heroes, The Light Alliance, continues to hold two flags, one belonging to Masterhunters.

Scoreplanets are as follows:

the alliance The Red Army has control over the Black Hole at 500/500/50 The Red Army has held the Hole for most of the past week, battling the 128th Spaceborne Rangers daily. While the Red Army has occupied most of the Black's time, the Rangers have gained thousands of points here at TRA's expense.

the alliance The Light Alliance has control over the Chronoton Nebula at 433/480/44
Still no change here. Tenacious!

the alliance NeutralZone has control over the Graviton Pulsar at 429/510/52
Of course no change at the Pulsar, nothing can pry loose a pit bull's locked maw! Back to you, Katie.

Thanks Sam. In a press release today, NeutralZone, masters of the Pulsar, state that they have completed testing on their Vector Calculator.

"Anyone ever get hit (or have an ally get hit) by a noob startup fleet, are left without any coordinates to retaliate to and now face the prospect of seemingly endless investigation probing to find them?
NZ implements "Operation Bloodhound", a series of vector calculations in a process known as triangulation to solve this recuring problem."
-DavAlan

NeutralZone has succesfully tracked several fleets to their correct planets, no trace probe involved. It is unknown whether or not they will be sharing this new technology, or if they will perform their services for non-NZ players. We do have word that the patent is pending, however.

For a war commentary, we go to Araith, self proclaimed "Princeps Reincarnati" of DESTRUCTION.

*DISCLAIMER*
*The opinions stated in the below arcticle are not necessarily those of GNN news or it's sponsors, and facts represented herein have not been verified*

After the Inner Circle of Reincarnatus voted for intervention in backstabwar the Gunslingers waged against TFD, the order was given for the Reincarnatian warfleets to venture forth.
Though the Inner Cirlce wishes to make clear that this, from the Reincarnatian side at least, is not an act of affection for TFD.

The war started less well than the war against TOa, who were getting soundly beaten by the Reincarnatian fleets. The war against the Gunslingers started sadly with a defeat on the hands of Osiris. The Reincarnatian fleet was forced to retreat. The next fleets were more succesful, getting wins as well as losses. This goes for other members of Defiance as well.
Overall, it's a lively war and the scales are still balanced.
Thus far we've had the initiative, but since two days, Tweety has started a series of attacks on bases behind the frontline, with succes.
At the moment both sides repairing and resupplying fleets. Only Tweety's fleets are advancing on Reincarnatus itself. May the lifebringing earth be on the side of us Mycilloid.
Greetings,

Araith
Princeps Reincarnati

GNN news, Katie Salinator and Sam Rinklebaum, signing off. Have a nice day!
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Interview with the Gunslinger!

Welcome to GNN news, Im Klaaak Kazuuul, master interviewer extraordinaire, with me tonight is Kamekaze6, founder and leader of the powerful and influential alliance, The Gunslingers. Good afternoon, Kamekaze6.

Kamekaze6- Good afternoon, Klaaak, glad to be here.

GNN- Name some of your past alliances, and in game names for the at home audience.

Kamekaze6- Well my first big alliance was illuminati, i quickly became CoW of that and fought the Borg. From there we (meaning illuminati and ex-LXG) went into Nazgul where I was known as "Lumberjack of Fangorn Forezt". From then I was in a series of alliances: TO (CoW), Space Academy (Leader), After that I was in HSA followed by ICP under the name "4 Horsemen of Da Apocalypse" until TO broke up again and formed DBD where I went by the name of "Want a Piece of me? B!tch". Took a month off joined TO and now here I am.

GNN- We understand that you are the leader of the Gunslingers. What is the goal of your alliance?

Kamekaze6- Well all we want is to have fun and keep it exciting, that’s where TO went wrong, in that alliance death by boredom is a very real thing. That’s why I try to keep wars balanced, DK and myself have started to make attacks on SBR, and are planning on having some other allies help us but I don’t want the whole alliance to start beating up on them.

GNN- You had possesion of The Flying Dutchman's flag for the duration. Do you plan on getting it again? Perhaps other flags are in your future? Have you tried for any?

Kamekaze6- We have plans to capture some flags but for now it’s just plans, theres no point in capturing TFD and defiance’s flags anymore because their scores are not worth risking our FC.

GNN- Why did you choose TFD as your primary enemy?

Kamekaze6- Well at the start we saw them as an equal match, we were just myself, O-siris, Evans, lowvoice and Mare. And since CBK were willing to give us TFD’s FC info we happily went to war.

GNN- The Gunslingers. Where did you come up with the concept?

Kamekaze6- I started reading The Dark Tower series by Stephen King at the beginning of the summer and I just really liked the story, I would suggest it to anyone who enjoys Lord of the Rings.

GNN- Was it difficult recruiting and choosing new members?

Kamekaze6- Well, originally Evans and O-siris (now Anubis) wanted to join followed by Mare, after that I got DK to join and the rest fell into place after that, I recruited a friend of Connor’s aswell as Connor’s son and the Space Mercs as well. I was hoping to recruit NZ’s leading couple but they changed their minds a week before they were due to join. I basically wanted not just vets but people who have led alliances or shown much potential in their first round. They are the future of st and I would like to have powerful friends in the future.

GNN- What is in store for the future for the Gunslingers? Any new wars coming up?

Kamekaze6- I have no plans for future wars, we will do what we please and what we think needs to be done to keep the game exciting, as I have already said we are going to war with SBR and they’ve known it for some time now, I t was supposed to start weeks ago until Defiance interfered. Now that we are experiencing less battles (possibly due to TLC) we have the time required to take on such a formidable opponent as SBR.

GNN- The Gunslingers appear to be half veterans and half mediocre players. Is this by design? Is this possibly a follow up to your Space Academy?

Kamekaze6- Well you can call it a follow up from space academy, but now instead of training newbs we’re training players who know the game but have never been in a super alliance. We’re teaching them how to work in battle groups and capture flags.

GNN- Anything else you want to let our viewers know?

Kamekaze6- Yes, if anyone feels that the war is still unfair and thinks we should make a new war, please come forward and we ll be sure to make time for you.

GNN- Thank you for the interview, Kamekaze! Its been fun!

Kamekaze6- It sure has, Klaaak!

An important update since the interview was being prepped for air: The Gunslingers have indeed snatched Defiance's flag! Within a month of their existance, they have claimed two flags, and the number one position on the leaderboards! How is that for a memorable first impression!

To boot, we have a report that the Gunslingers have taken a grab at the flag belonging to the 128th Spaceborne Rangers, and some small skirmishes have taken place, with no decisive outcome as of yet.

Be sure to stay tuned to GNN news for updates on the Gunslingers and their gripping wars!

Next up... Weekly Update with Katie Salinator and Samuel J Rinklebaum! Catch all the action here on GNN!
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject:

Time for your Galactic News Report!

Im Katie Salinator, and with me, as always, is Samuel J. Rinklebaum. Good morning, Sam!

Morning. Its been a while since our last broadcast, we needed a break to rejuvenate. We are sure glad to be back.

Our top story today revolves around a new, up and coming alliance, the World Industries (WI). First some background...

The last weeks have seen a massive allaince war, bringing tens of players in. Gunslingers and Cold Blooded Killers verses The 128th Spaceborne Rangers, The Flying Dutchman, and Defiance. Gunslingers seemed to be dominating the war, balancing multiple flags simultaneously, until the 128th intervened, and snatched GS flag with a single attack by a single player.

GS heroically reclaimed their flag shortly, but then, out of paranoia, gave away all flags they were holding to conceal their FC. Days later the decomposition began.

The Gunslingers have proven to be a flash-in-the-pan, wild gloryhounds. They will indeed be missed.

RIP GUNSLINGERS

The World Industries seemed to pick up where GS left off, warring against Defiance and TFD simultaneously. The only information we have is that WI declared war on Defiance, and TFD joined of their own volition.

Are WI the new GS of spacetrace?

Will CBK and the 128th join in as well?

Find out here on GNN, your ONLY Galactic News Station!

Last edited by Galactic News Network-GNN on Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: 128th Spaceborne Rangers Interview

Galactic News Report, with special interview team starring Klaaak Kazuuul, the news starts...NOW!

Im Katie Salinator...

We have some new information on the secretive alliance "Powerfull Inforcers of Universe".

Since their arrival on the charts, they have kept to themselves, and are under a strict training program, an anonymous source states. They are comprised of primarily new players, with a couple of veteran "advisors".

PFIU has been training at the scoreplanets, primarily the Black Hole, and there is word that they may start battling at the Nebula. It has also been rumored that they may possibly become involved in a war soon.

For a quiet, secretive alliance, they have been rising through the ranks at an astronomical rate. Looks like we may have some contenders.

In other news, it seems that players are becoming a hot commodity in Spacetrace, and requests for defection are all but uncommon. GNN Socioalliance Anylists see this as a trend begun by the ill-fated Gunslingers, who attempted to create an "unbeatable" alliance by recruiting vets and players with potential, leaving only token vets out as competition. It is believed that these Copycat alliances are trying to balance their inadequacies with sheer numbers, which usually ends in catastrophe. More as it develops.

We now bring you a Special Interview with Achilles, leader of the 128th Spaceborne Rangers. This is our second interview with him, the first becoming outdated overnight, with several respawns and several new recruits. We go to Klaaak Kazuuul, live on planet Deadly Three.

GNN- Name some of your past alliances, and in game names for the at home audience.

Achilles- I dont remember which name was involved with which alliance, but I have been Achilles of Laconia, Trenches of Passchendaele, The Guns of Navarone, An of fer you cant refuse, and Guns of August. Alliances include; my own newbie alliance The Peloponesian League, Conspiracy, Masterhunters, Species, Total Ownage, as well as short stints in a couple of others.

GNN- We understand that you are the leader of the 128th Spaceborne Rangers. What is the goal of your alliance?

Achilles- Well, the goal was originally just going to be a "two men and a MTWG" for some scoreplanet romps, but we took in some very professional players right away, taking us to the top of the charts instantly. We had to worry about warring against the Gunslingers, and they had almost triple our members. Even though they promised to keep it fair, they still had the advantage of a large TWG system, unrestricted defense, extra probe usage, and more rapid score increases. It was lucky for us that they were not ran properly, probably due to some insubordinate lower ranked players, and some partially inactive and distracted vets.

The war is still in its death throes, but has almost completely collapsed. No plans for the future right now, we have some work to do to get in shape first, with most of us near 0% evo.

GNN- You had possesion of The Gunslingers flag for a brief time. Perhaps other flags are in your future? Have you tried for any?

Achilles- No that was just because they tried to go for ours. We knew we never could possibly hold their flag, there was just too many of them.

We have no plans as of yet for flags. I personally believe that a flag grab is a slap in the face, and I will only use it sparingly, and in a pre-existing war setting. I think it would be dirty to just grab some flags because we can. It is humiliating for the beaten alliance, and they need to show us that they deserve it, with a war declaration, a grab at ours, or getting lippy in the forums.

GNN- The 128th Spaceborne Rangers. Where did you come up with the concept?

Achilles- Obviously, its a bit of a parody of the Army's Airborne. I thought it was an interesting name, humorous yet professional sounding.

GNN- We see your ranks has swelled practically overnight. Was it difficult recruiting and choosing new members?

Achilles- There is no recruiting and choosing. Every member is hand selected, and we all have to drool when we hear who wants in, before we let them in.

GNN- Anything else you want to let our viewers know?

Achilles- No, we are pretty easy to read, they know whats going on.

GNN- Thanks for the interview.

Achilles- Thank you, keep up the good work GNN!

Thanks for the interview, Klaaak. Im Katie Salinator, and this has been a GNN news Update.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Swankbusters: anti-swank riots erupt

Violence erupted on several homeworlds this weekend in protests against the seemingly unbeatable "swank" fleets.

The rioters, self-named "swankbusters", have called for attacks on swank fleets, and swank using players. Some of the swankbusters have accused top players of "swanking", and even more dubious, "newbie swanking".

We go to fleet anylist Hegg MacMuffin.

Well, you see, the swank is a mighty fleet. Composed of several key ships, a swank is an offense to all three lower classes, and may even use the enemy class four as a "bouncer".

The swank, to maximise swankosity, utilizes the power of the cyclops, the apollo, and the plasma gunship at its primal core. Secondary to the main swank, Dreadnaughts, Major Reconstructors, shock wave cruisers, and cruisers and warcruisers may be used for a "maxiswank" or a "swank-o-rama" fleet.

The primary power of a swank, is its ability to wreak havok on non-fighting classes. For example, plasma gunships may be used to destroy a class three during the class one and two battle, leaving no class three, and allowing a "bouncer" or a safe attack on a mothership, where the apollos and cyclopses get a free turn, and the mothership may or may not be a target to cruisers or dreads.

Swanklicious!

Thanks Hegg.

A council has been formed to discuss counterfleets, and possible admin action against the swank.

More as this develops.
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Chief Editor Position Vacant

the position of the chief editor of GNN is vacant !

we can offer the best conditions.

luxury office, several service cars , secretary etc.

post your application here:
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4988

the office building

the homeworld of the news network. calm and warm ... (isn't that YOUR secretary?)

the representive car for dealing with ambassadors etc.

post your application here:
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4988
 Back to top »
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: GNN back in action!

Hello, time for your Galactic News Network UPDATE! Im Katie Salinator, with me is Journalist Supreme, Hegg MacMuffin. Good Morning, Hegg.

Good Morning Katie.

GNN has been off the air for quite some time, due to legal issues. Local news agency Lord Lowvoice News sued GNN on Monopoly charges, and the verdict came in this morning in favor of GNN. The gag order on GNN has been lifted for the time being.

In the news recently, a new alliance, Gnosis, has been formed by Ex-Illuminati and ABC founder Gorthmog. This alliance has patterned itself after the Borg in a strange turn of events. With us is Alliance Analyst Klaaak Kazuuul. Klaaak?

Thanks Katie. We all remember Gorthmog, key founder of ABC, the Anti-Borg Coalition, as a key defender of liberty and freedom for all Spacetracians. Surprisingly, years after the end of the Borg era, the Borg concept has been revived. There is still no word on whether violence or the threat of violence will be used for recruitment purposes in Gnosis, as was the staple of Borg military theory.

Either way, it seems that the Borg has had a delayed effect of Gorthmog. We are awaiting signs that other ABC members have been affected as well. Of course, we will be the first to report. Back to you Katie.

Thanks Klaaak. Scary stuff.

In other news, it appears that the new "Era" system has taken off smoothly. In response to a call for "Rounds", the Galactic Library has begun a new documentation system, which applies the "Round" or "Era" scorekeeping system to alliances, while players are still granted the freedom of "Evolution". This means that players can join at any time, and will get a full round of "Evolution" based play, while the Alliances have a set amount of time to grow.

Here we see the Galactic Library Scorekeeping Committee filing scores for the current "Era"...

Until next time, thats the news for now. GNN, your finger on the pulse of the galaxy.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Is GNN News Hiring? Film at Eleven.

Hello, welcome back to Update!, with Katie Salinator.

We at GNN are trying our best every day to become the fullest, most comprehensive news station in the known universe.

With over eighty million GNN satellites and signal boosters, we cover almost the entire expanse of space, reaching over three hundred warp capable cultures, and thousands of pre-warp but externally aware planets.

Today a new directive was passed by our CEO, Rufus T. Flakfizer, to allow third party, freelance writers the opportunity to be heard through our far reaching voice. We now go to Johnny Durango, Freelance Journalist, stationed at the Black Hole...

Thanks Katie, for this opportunity. As anybody who is anybody has noticed, (yes, i mean Neutralzone) the black hole has been taken by Defiance! On the 17th, a attack was succesful! Scoring about 3000-4000 points, Defiance is now the bh boss.

How long does Defiance plan to hold their position, Johnny?

The black hole has been strongly enforced, and Defiance looks good. Will NeutralZone strike back? Will they reclaim the black hole? See it as the story unravels! Back to you, Katie.

Thanks Mr. Durango. That is fascinating.

Any other applicants who wish to be considered for a position, please contact GNN via PM.

In a press release from Roland T. Flakfizer, GNN CEO, he states, "as a disclaimer from Galactic News Network and Galactic News Affiliates, we wish to make you aware that stories and broadcasts do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of GNN Inc., nor do we correct their grammatical errors."

We hope this addition to GNN is enlightening to all our viewership.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Nanite uprising! The Silver Swords!

Hello, and welcome to this installment of GNN News. Im substitute anchorperson Ramon Carlos Jorge Villalobos-Gomez de Vasquez. The Third.

Silently, a new alliance has grown in power, threatening the racial harmony here in the Spacetrace Galaxy. A statement was issued calling all Nanites to join The Silver Swords (The Silver Sword Alience [Silver Sword]). Here is a clip from a press release issued by the group...

"All People in the Galaxy.

A new Power has risen! The Nanites will form an alience that is so powerful, it will rule the galaxy. Join, because who's not with us, will be against us!

Tag: Silver Sword
Password:124578

From Ioniron."

It is believed that this union does not accept non-nanite nations, and that they intend to carry out the original Nanite "Galactic Conquest" declaration under the "Nanite Universal Dispositions and Positions Ledger" Section 212.55, Sub A, Sub C, which states in line three:

"We, as Nanitical Nanite Nations, need not necessarily neglect Nanite necessities, nor negate Nanite's Navigational noninferiority, nor never not acting agressive actions against anti-Nanite ambassadors, actors, and/or antiquities. Furthermore, fulfilling finally our forefathers fanatical finish, first and foremost."

Our Nanite Journalists and translators clarified this jargon, summing it up as such:

"Nanite's rule, OK?"

We have attempted to contact Ioniron, who has seized several Nanite homeworlds, and declared himself President, to no avail.

Our fleet analysts have yet to determine if they shun all non-nanite ships, or if they will still accept Human and Mycilloid units in their fleets. More as this develops.

Im Ramon Carlos Jorge Villalobos-Gomez de Vasquez, good night.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Flag Fever is Flaming! Alliances be Warned!

Good Evening and welcome back to GNN! I'm Tom Kip and today's show will swipe you off your feet. So we will start off right away with today's interview with a special geust. Today we will be talking about -TO- and their short triumph. Here with me today is a survivor of the PFIU/-TO- war. This man is known as T2. So what was your current role in PFIU?

T2-"Well... Thanks Tom...nice to be with you.
Currently, I was the intern leader and Cow of PIFU. I say intern because the positions change around on occasion.
I guess I could call myself a survivor of the -TO- war as the war ended with me being in positive score position.
Unfortunately, the alliance did not do so well however..."

Tom-“Sorry to hear about your alliance’s misfortune. What exactly do you think went wrong on your alliance’s part in the war effort? Meaning, why do you think your alliance did not do so well in the war with –TO-?”

T2-“There were a number of things that went wrong in the alliance.
I knew when the "real" -TO- become active, war was imminent.
I viewed this as a good opportunity to show our membership true skill on the battlefield. Unfortunately, leadership changed and a number of less experienced players rushed to join in on the fray.
Organization fell apart and most of the new players fell victim to -TO-'s relentless attacks. This caused a massive point loss in the early stages of the war to the PIFU alliance.
I had planned on slowly increasing the level of engagement with our core group to fit and match PFIU players against -TO- players and rotate opponents of our membership to where they would have the best chance to fight and learn some of the more advanced tactics of warfare.

Unfortunately, with all the "new" guys that joined, that plan went out the window and it became a "turkey shoot" for -TO- members.
When finally all the new players either quit in frustration or were banned from the alliance, the bloodletting subsided considerable, however, by then it was too late to regroup and counter."

Tom-“Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you guys had a rough time, but I heard there’s good news in this tragic story. What is that good news and explain how you did it.”

T2-"I presume you are talking about the capture of -TO-'s flag. We had identified -TO-'s flag base and we had enough assets to track it as it moved.
I did not think we were organized enough to capture the flag and hold it for any length of time and advised against attempting a grab so soon into the war. There was no "big plan" on how we were going to achieve a holding of the flag and this bothered me. I'm the kind of guy who lives by the motto "failure to plan is a plan to fail".
My control was limited now and I certainly did not have the info that Mighty was privy to so...what the hell....he knew stuff I did not, however I did know it would be a wild ride whatever the outcome.
Longtime readers will recall the Legendary Commanders flag heist PIFU enacted and the mistakes we made in trying to hold that flag. the tangle up I caused by using different case letters in our attack codes I did not want a repeat of that historic incident.

As the flag grab was performed, I think, by Mighty himself we rushed to the aid of defense. Opposition was fairly light for the first 24-36 hrs much to my surprise, however,...then it started...the incomings. I think the first couple of attacks were repelled without too much effort but I believe conflicting orders left a gap in the uniformity of defense. There was a couple of flag switches and a *** up in the attack codes.

AGAIN.....somehow. I had visions of a similar thing happening to us with -TO- and was powerless to do anything about it. By this time we needed a "Hail Mary" and get the flag out of its position. Mighty suggested pulling what I call, a 'Fly & Die". As I was evoing out in a couple days, it made better tactical sense to try a hail Mary and hope for the best despite losing all TWN abilities for a few days.

The attack was successfully repelled again and the flag moved however, the team with TWN ability, were in fleet rebuild had no assets to get to the new flag location and myself and Lil Shadey were sitting with limited mobility as we were both newly evo'ed. I think someone else may have did it as well, perhaps KoT, however, it left us with too little experienced assets with what had been expended previously.

-TO- took no chances and made no mistakes in their final major flag reclamation attempt. I believe they found a base lightly (war standards) defended and had no difficulty in recovering their flag, our flag, and our flag again with their backup fleet.
Now, I realize the description I just gave could and should be contested in as many ways as there were combatants. I saw only 15% of the battle reports perhaps?? I would encourage others to give their version of what happened and perhaps a more complete version of specific battles could be included.

So...in the finality of it, yes we did take -TO-'s flag and we held it for a considerable length of time however I'm not sure it was more good luck than good management and we never did get to cash in on the points it was capable of yielding.”

Tom-"Thank you T2 for your time and that very detailed story. We appreciate you coming here, and talking with us today.”

Seen above is –TO-‘s Intelligence Center after PFIU captured their flag.

It was later to be found out that Mighty hacked on several –TO- accounts.

In other news the score board looks pretty much one side with NeutralZone in first with 301700 points. In second, the one man alliance known as TFP. In third place is Ladivamp, and in fourth would be MasterHunters.

1. NeutralZone 301700
    3. Ladivamp 26600
    4. MasterHunters 25600
    5. The Trailer Park 16000
    6. Soldiers Of Anarchy 12400
    7. DEFIANCE 10300
    8. Task Force 145 5700
    9. Odens warriors 200

In the Top Ten Player Scores we have Iuz the Evil of Orgasmo Prime dominating the board with an amazing 29107. The Score Board goes as shown.

1. Iuz the Evil of Orgasmo Prime 29107
    2. ReneeADavis of LautemTL 28024
    3. Technoin of endinti 22429
    4. A Shadow of the Smoke 22178
    5. Fantasía Virtual of Caro 21046
    6. RobertRoy#06 of Graighrostan 20728
    7. Blackmagic... of Shadowball 20273
    8. Starwind of the Mycilloid Race 19375
    9. Kalekop of Boesj boesj 17730
    10. Inuswnpla of Reseffec 16627

Flag Capturing Fever has stricken the galaxy with five alliances missing their flag! The Trailer Park Crew is making a new name for them by capturing an amazing 4 flags! The Silver Sword Alience wishes to score big with Fleet Fethers flag. The Trailer Park Crew is a new alliance that is apparently full of a bunch of misfits. So far they have captured Odens Warriors, The Silver Sword Alience, Fenix Revolution, and the newely added Ladivamp flag. Will they continue with their mischievous ways and capture more flags, or will they quit now and protect what they got? That to be revealed only in time, but for now I’m Thomas Kip and this has been another edition of GNN news, god speed folks.

Flag Fever has stricken! Trailer Park Crew is currently the top flag capturer. Who is their next victim to be flagless?
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: War! The Crew from the Park VS. The Army of Imperialist

WAR! It has plagued the galaxy lately with two top competitors fighting it out, I’m Carlos Íñigo Alonso de Montoya y Pérez de las Altos Cumbres, and more on the war later. In other news, the scoreboard has not changed much but new and fresh faces are starting to appear. Iuz the Evil of Orgasmo Prime still in the lead. He has been gaining more of an dominate lead lately, and we’ll just have to see if anyone can catch up any time soon.

1. Iuz the Evil of Orgasmo Prime 47132
2. ReneeADavis of LautemTL 38092
3. Starwind of the Mycilloid Race 35997
4. RobertRoy#06 of Graighrostan 33933
5. Technoin of endinti 30734
6. Viktor of The Immortal Overlords 27510
7. DavAlan of ArcataCal 25979
8. Blackmagic... of Shadowball 22000
9. Hawkeye-Pierce of MASH-4077 21311
10. Lil Shadey of Bull Shiate of TZO 11976

The Alliance Score board has changed quite a bit however. Looks like Trailer Park Crew has given the flags back to the respective alliances and collected the points. Also looks like the Trailer Park Crew has been losing some points, and The Imperial Army gaining more and more each day, could there be some kind of connection? That to be revealed later, but NeutralZone still controlling the board with an amazing 391,400 points. Can they make it to the even 400,000 points before the round ends? Some say yes while others say no. The Score Board goes as following.

1. NeutralZone [NZ] 391400
3. MasterHunters° [azn =P] 40600
4. Ladivamp 26000
5. The Imperial Army [TIA] 20900
6. DEFIANCE [DESTRUCTION] 16200
8. The Trailer Park [Trailer Park] 8800

The Score Planets have new inhibitors! The Gem Congregation has been making a name for themselves by controlling 2 out of 3 score planets. TFP still holding their favorite Chronoton Nebula.

the alliance The Gem Congregation has control over the Black Hole

the alliance TFP has control over the Chronoton Nebula

the alliance The Gem Congregation has control over the Graviton Pulsar

Above: The Gem Congregation making themselves feel at home at the Black Hole.

Now for the news everyone has been waiting for. Once again war has struck! The Imperial Army has officially declared war on their enemies the Trailer Park Crew. The reasoning for this declaration was released in a press conference by High Marshal himself.

High Marshal- “To make a long story short.. I attacked a neighbor, didn't know he was TPC so they hit me back and tried to take my flag.”

There you have it. A short and sweet story. To confirm High Marshal’s accusations we went and dug up the info and found out what happened. To report to you via satellite is Bob Barker at High Marshal’s base. Hey Bob how’s it going?

Bob-“It’s going great and let me say what a wonderful day it is.”

Carlos- “So what happened over there?”

Bob- “Well it all started with a simple attack. High Marshal decided to attack a neighbor not knowing that he was attacking a Trailer Park Crew member. High Marshal apparently won that battle gaining a nice amount of points. Soon after this attack another member of TPC known as Shadow, came to assist his fellow alliance mate in need. While helping out, Shadow decided to attempt a flag grab to add to the four flags TPC already had. While trying to grab the flag Shadow lost a few points from him, and he didn’t succeed in grabbing the TIA flag.

After being beaten and battered, High Marshal receives another incoming from what seems to be another TPC member. Vetka comes in with a fleet to take a swing at Marshal’s defenses. Vetka scores some points from the exhausted defenses. Tired of getting banged around, High Marshal then decided to declare war on its new enemy, the Trailer Park Crew.”

Above: Shadow’s Forces raiding High Marshal’s base looking for the TIA flag.

Carlos- “Wow, sounds like a lot of action. Did you get to see this all?”

Bob- “Personally I didn’t get to see this dramatic battle but I did interview each person involved in the battle to conclude to this very accurate summary.”

Thanks Bob, so you have it folks, TIA declared war against TPC. From the standings in on the score board it looks like TIA leads TPC 12,000 points. Could the Trailer Park Crew meet their match? Or are they purposely falling behind in points to make a dramatic come-back and turn things around. Only time will tell. For now, I’m Carlos Íñigo Alonso de Montoya y Pérez de las Altos Cumbres the 8th, and this has been the GNN News.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: The War of All Wars: The Grand War

Hello and Welcome to a very special edition of your Galcatic News. I'm Mike McPhee and today is a special day for Spacetrace. A war has been called upon Spacetrace, and people from different corners of the galaxy answered this calling. The Calling for the War of all Wars. More on that later, but first we update you on what going on in Spacetrace.

So looks like space is silent before the upcoming war about to strike. In the top ten players we got Orcus of the Unholy Land in the lead with 41157 points doubling miniguak of gr's 20752 points. After that is The Pimp of TPC Thrash Yard. The list is as follows:

1. Orcus of the Unholy Land 41157
2. miniguak of gr 20752
3. The Pimp of TPC Trash Yard 19134
4. Connor McCl 1 of Connor McCl 1 15544
5. Guns of The West 13227
6. Curse of the Warrior 13022
7. The Grenvillian 1 of The Rideau 11859
8. ReneeADavis of LautemTL 10961
9. Imperial Wizzard of The Dead 10868
10. DavAlan of ArcataCal 10828

In the top ten Alliances, we have Fools Gold not fooling anyone with an amazing 271000 points! Trying to keep up with Fools Gold is NeutralZone, last Era's Winner, with 158600 points. Then there's them boys at the Park, Trailer Park that is scraping up 76000 points for third. Others are shown below.

1. Fools Gold [--FG--] 271000
2. NeutralZone [NZ] 158600
3. The Trailer Park [Trailer Park] 76000
4. Ladivamp 54700
5. B.T. [Blue team] 2200
6. Red Team [-RED PLAYER-] 1400
7. The Light Alliance° [Orionstar] 1000

Controlling the score planets has been easier said then done lately. Cold Blooded Killers has been claiming the Black Hole for their own. The Chronoton Nebula has been claimed by The Light Alliance. And the Graviton Pulsar is currently controlled by the Cold Blooded Killers. They have had the Pulsar in their control for 21 days now. Here is a review of the Score Planets.

the alliance Cold Blooded Killers has control over the Black Hole at 500/500/50

the alliance The Light Alliance has control over the Chronoton Nebula at 433/480/44

the alliance Cold Blooded Killers has control over the Graviton Pulsar at 429/510/52

There is your forecast of the Galaxy, now for what you have been waiting for. The time of the Grand War has approached. The battle cry's have been sounded and armies are being assembled.

Two Teams, One War, One Winner.

THE GRAND WAR
..............................................Chapter I:
...................................................The Dawn of Chaos

War is what its all about. Nothing else, folks. Just War. Failtrip1 has asked his people of Spacetrace to join one of the biggest events in History. A Massive War between two very large alliances. The two teams that are going to battle it out to a bloody finish are the Red Team and Blue Team. Here with me Today is the leader of the Blue Team, Connor. He was anonymously chosen to lead the Blue Team. Thank you for coming Connor and how are you doing?

Connor-"Thanks for having me and I'm doing just fine."

First off, Why have a War involving a good portion of Spacetrace members?

Connor-"Well, it was actually Marlito's idea, but having a war sounded like a fun idea and it will live'in things up in Spacetrace."

I guess it would, if a Grand War doesn't then I don't know what would. How will you predict the War to come out?

Connor-"I don't know how it will turn out. We made the teams as even as possible and were hoping to see a lot of action."

I bet there will be a lot of action. Who is your opponent and how will you go about defeating the Red Team if your evenly matched?

Connor-"Our opponent is the Red Team of course, they're lead by Achilles. How I plan to win? That's a good question, I known Achilles since i started playing. He's the one who trained me! So this will definitely interesting."

Good Luck and that sounds like a challenge. Ok, One last question before you go. How do you think your team will do in this Grand War?

Connor-"There's a lot of new faces and some that I do know. Then it depends on their evo and researches. Other than that I think we can work together to accomplish what we need to in order to win this thing. I got a great group of guys with Marlito helping me out."

Thank you Connor and I wish the best of luck for both teams.

So Achilles has returned to Spacetrace to lead the Red Team to the glory of Victory. Has Achilles lost his touch and won't be as good as he used to be? Or does he have somethng new that will surprise Connor and the Blue Team? More to be found out in future editions of GNN news.

We will be at the scene of the Grand War for the next two weeks for the best news coverage. The war will last 14 days or 2 weeks. There are rules applied to the war for best war conditions, for this is a "friendly" battle. Marlito has laid out all rules and has emphasized that cheaters of the rules will be dealt with personally.

The Grand War will be the Greatest War. It will turn Boys into Men, Soldiers into Warriors, and Cats into Dogs. This will be the time when hidden warriors will prove themselves and become Heroes.

This has been another edition to GNN news, this is Mike and with me earlier was Connor. Good Night folks and lets the gun shots ring.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: The Grand War Still Rumbles! The Blue Pull Ahead!

Hello and Welcome to another update on your GNN News! I'm Mike and with me is my special guest co-anchor, Scrub Mafeet. Scrub is known for his harsh laws and his cruel and unusual punishments. Scrub is also a violent Kazuuulian who loves to war with his neighbors. How are you today, Scrub?

Scrub-"Bor gilk au paski Hus"
............translation-"I am just fine"

Thanks for coming. Scrub, could you start us off with what's going on in Spacetrace today?

Scrub-"In Space today is nothing but domination. Cold Blooded Killers have been controlling most of space for the past few days. They have control over the Chronoton Nebula and the Graviton Pulsar. They just recently lost control of the Black Hole to Opesist of Titron. The control of the Black Hole has been switching between CBK and Opesist over the past week. Here is the how it stands"

Opesist of Titron has control over the Black Hole

Cold Blooded Killers has control over the Chronoton Nebula

Cold Blooded Killers has control over the Graviton Pulsar

Scrub-"While the Player High Score Board hasn't changed much. miniguak of gr has fallen to fourth place from second and Imperial Wizzard of The Dead has made an remarkable jump from 8th place three days ago to now Third place! He has gained an outstanding 8631 points in the past few days. Tracker of Desert tracks has also made a name for himself by skipping a few numbers and making it into 6th place. The Top players go as followed"

1. Orcus of the Unholy Land 41463
2. The Pimp of TPC Trash Yard 21726
3. Imperial Wizzard of The Dead 19499
4. miniguak of gr 18160
5. Connor McCl 1 of Connor McCl 1 17336
6. Tracker of Desert tracks 15637
7. The Grenvillian 1 of The Rideau 14562
8. Guns of The West 13227
9. ReneeADavis of LautemTL 10961
10. DavAlan of ArcataCal 10828

Scrub-"The Top Alliances are pretty much the same except for Cold Blooded Killers coming out from the negatives. They have been working extra hard to make a name for themselves. Fools Gold is still top alliance with 281000 points. Following behind them is NeutralZone. Then the Trailer Park Crew follows. The Score board is shown below."

1. Fools Gold [--FG--] 281000
2. NeutralZone [NZ] 160700
3. The Trailer Park [Trailer Park] 78600
4. Ladivamp 54500
5. B.T. [Blue team] 8300
6. Cold Blooded Killers° [CBK] 8100

And there's your view in space. Thank you Scrub for that wonderful presentation.

Scrub-"Kijs Als for go nah GNN jorto magi furgi fa kuu lieeek horuu leega traae"
............translation-"No Problem GNN"

The Grand War still rages fierce. Some speculate that the Blue Team will continue to slaughter the Red Team, but others say that the Red Team will come back and snatch certain victory from the Blue.

So far the battles have been glorious and well fought. But however, no matter how hard Red tries they just can't seem to pull ahead. It appears that Blue Team is leading the Red Team for points.

This leaves us to one question. Will Achilles change his plans and think of a new way to win? Can he pull out ahead in time before the 14 days are up? Stay tuned for another edition of GNN News in the near future.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Space Falls Silent, Too Silent

~*incomming transmission*~

Are we gett.. *static interference* ...et? You think yo... *more static interference* ...ignal?

Ok? We're on? O!
*erm*

Ladies and Kazuuulians, Welcome to another exciting edition of GNN News! Furthermore we here at the Galactic News Station would like to appologize for the delay in your usually weekly news. We stopped by the Graviton Pulsar to cover the 1,373rd annual Galactic Olympic, but we had problems due to some unknown frequencies that were interferring with our broadcasting abilities.

But were back with much exciting news!

To start things off we look at the player scoreboard.

1. Big-Brotha of Da Hoodzzz...............44653
2. Pokey of Dry Dry Desert................23469
3. Zoph of The Old and Senseless.......15178
4. Master of Twilight Force..................14304
5. The Shroud of The Fog...................13388
6. Lord of the Defeaters.....................11003
7. Sparks.*. of *Darkfire*..................10410
8. Donald Duck of Duckstad................10302
9. The_Order_ of _Chaos_...................8248
10. Ardor of _Eternity_........................8079

Looks like Big-Brotha of Da Hoodzzz is bringing it to his "homies" by racking up a outstanding score of 44,653 points! If Pokey of Dry Dry Desert plans on becomming number one, he better get a move on! And running in not to far behind is Zoph of The Old and Senseless with 15,178 points.

As for the Alliance Score board, there's not much to think about when deciding who is dominating this Era the second time around.

1. Fools Gold [--FG--]...........................72900
2. Warriors of the Fallen Star [WFS].......32200
3. NoStars [NS]...................................27600
5. Trailer Park Crew [T.P.C.].................10900
6. The Order of Chaos [TOC]................10200
7. The Last Stop [DMT]..........................7400
9. Green Lighting People [GLP].................300
10. Sonic-Reign [Hertz]...........................200

Fools Gold once again reigns superior to all those who oppose them, leading with a dominate score of 72900 points! Trailing them by a little more than half the score, Warriors of the Fallen Star. Then NoStars, struggling to keep up comes in third.

As for the score planets, there has been some struggle to maintain these battle infected planets.

Sonic-Reign has control over the Black Hole.

NoStars has control over the Chronoton Nebula.

Trailer Park Crew has control over the Graviton Pulsar.

Although recent battles at the Black Hole with Imperial Guild and The Order of Chaos left Sonic-Reign brittle, they managed to keep their ground where they fly. The Chronoton in no better condition finally is able to take a break as NoStars finally maintained control. The same can't be said when referring to the Graviton Pulsar, because the Trailer Park Crew has made their stay and they don't plan on leaving soon.

The Trailer Park Crew regulating patrol at the Graviton Pulsar.

In other parts of the Galaxy, the rare and valuable metal Krypton has been found out to give super powers to people exposed over a very long period of time. In other news, Megaman911 Of Internet has proclaimed himself available for hire. This is the message received by GNN news.

~*Starting transmission*~

Megaman911 Of Internet is a Bounty Hunter and wants targets. Any Alliences can use him. Send him the targets name and corrds. along with a ALLI FLEET-CODE, Which MUST BE CHANGED AFTER HE INFORMS YOU THAT THE TARGET IS NOW CAPTUREABLE FOR YOUR ALLIENCE! Send him a Target Today, PLEASE!

~*Ending Transmission*~

Be warned, for the word is out. Make sure your alliance members stay true to your side or you may find chaos brewing.

This wraps up today's edition of GNN news, stay safe and don't forget to attack your neighbors! God Speed and GNN news out!
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Independence Day Smells of Sulfide and Ion Cannon Exhaust.

Hello Everybody and Welcome to another edition of GNN News! Many Human-based civilizations celebrate the Fourth of July as a day of Independence. Independence Day is originally based off the Earthlings culture called American's Independence from their motherland Britain. As the Americans colonnaded other planets they spread their culture throughout the galaxy, thus most cultures, Kazuuulian or Nanite, celebrate the 4th of July.

A Fantastic Display of Celebration on the planet Paulus Quattuordecimus, which is currently under NoStars' control.

Fireworks aren't the only thing exploding in the sky, recently turmoil has diseased the skies with exploding ships and Ion thrusters after burn. The score planets are being the site of ravaged battlegrounds as alliance fight for total control. But first your player score board.

1. Big-Brotha of Da Hoodzzz.................53087
2. Pokey of Dry Dry Desert..................27028
3. Zoph of The Old and Senseless.........20322
4. Donald Duck of Duckstad.................16992
5. Master of Twilight Force....................14304
6. Ardor of _Eternity_..........................12159
7. Amarok of Ambasbucht.....................9907
8. Toritio of Tialicti................................9093
9. The Gnarmy of Noxus........................8858
10. Reneé A. Davis of The Pacific Rim.....8123

Still in first place is Big-Brotha of Da Hoodzzz with is outstanding score of 53087! The Player Score Board remains mostly the same except a few new faces poping up from no where. The Gnarmy of Noxus and Reneé A. Davis of The Pacific Rim come from fast from space as they recently battle their way to the top.

A look at the Alliance Score Board, not much has changed in the top 5, but the same can't be said for the alliances lower in the bracket.

1. Fools Gold [--FG--]........................91900
2. NoStars [NS].................................46600
3. Warriors of the Fallen Star [WFS]....25300
5. The Last Stop [DMT]......................12900
6. The Order of Chaos [TOC].............10300
7. Trailer Park Crew [T.P.C.]...............9100
8. Green Lighting People [GLP]............1100

Fools Gold takes their outstanding lead even further to 91900. This makes them scoring 19000 in the past 10 days! But the NoStars have managed to do the same thing, and took over Second place. The Last Stop is also bumping their way to the top by working their way up to 5th place from 7th.

The Score Planets have been extremely busy over the past week switching control from alliance to allinance. As of now it appears the NoStars have been taking control for the mean time.

The Last Stop has control over the Black Hole

NoStars has control over the Chronoton Nebula

NoStars has control over the Graviton Pulsar

The NoStars recently had control over all score planets until The Order of Chaos took the Nebula and the Black Hole from them. The NoStars retaliated and took back the Nebula but left the Black Hole to be picked up by The Last Stop crew.
The Ghost of The West Coast takes out the last few remaining motherships from the Black Hole.

That sums up another edition of GNN news! Remember to keep those Hyper Drive switches on the ready! This is GNN news and God Speed.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Digging Deeper Into Space.

Hello and Welcome to another edition of your Galactic News! Today we have a special interview with a very important person. I guess you could call him your "God", since he is the maker of the galaxy. He goes by another name called spacetrace and/or spaceman. We are very fortunate to have a special guest like him on our show, recently he is very busy with some current projects and he is nice enough to take a second to answer some questions.

But first, we'll start you off on some statistics and current scores. First is the Player Leader board which hasn't changed drastically.

1. Big-Brotha of Da Hoodzzz.................57424
2. Pokey of Dry Dry Desert..................40514
3. Donald Duck of Duckstad.................22309
4. Zoph of The Old and Senseless.........22124
5. The_Order_ of _Chaos_...................17600
6. Reneé A. Davis of The Pacific Rim.....15255
7. Ardor of _Eternity_..........................14618
8. Master of Twilight Force....................14304
9. Buzzy of The Beehive.......................12436
10. Houraisan of Gensokyo...................11332

Big-Brotha of Da Hoodzzz is still in the lead with 57424 points! Pokey of Dry Dry Desert is still strugling behind, while a few new faces appear in the lower ranks.

1. Fools Gold [--FG--]............,.............109500
2. NoStars [NS]....................................62900
3. Warriors of the Fallen Star [WFS]...\...30900
4. The Order of Chaos [TOC].................23600
5. The Last Stop [DMT]..........................23400
7. Trailer Park Crew [T.P.C.]..........\........4900

Fools Gold is still raining superior to all the other alliance's as NoStars is just inching along. While The Order of Chaos and The Last Stop are neck to neck in a heated race for 4th place.

NoStars has control over the Black Hole

Trailer Park Crew has control over the Chronoton Nebula

NoStars has control over the Graviton Pulsar

A bit of a scramble at the Black Hole, but NoStars seem to have control of it currently. NoStars also controls the Pulsar and hope they can hold those for now. Trailer Park Crew has had the Nebula for the past week now, they seem to be getting no resistance.

That is your weekly update on the galaxy, and now for the main segment of your news tonight.

If he wasn't here well neither would I. He has been around since... well since the beginning of time itself! Yes, it's spacetrace himself! And in a special interview we reveal more about him other than his supremacy of the galaxy.

So spacetrace, to start off with how spacetrace started. How did you start it and with who?

spacetrace-"Once we played Planetarion a MPOG, i liked it a lot. We found out that the we could win with a guerrilla tactic, it was fun. But they decided to make it a commercial game, so we decided to make our own free game, but better with a real time and real space simulation. In fact, I think Spacetrace is much better than Planetarion."

Very interesting, so what were your plans with making this game, such as, what are you trying to achieve?

spacetrace-"The main goal was to make a game that can be played with browser, but has real 3D map interaction and is a real time game. I think our creation is pretty unique. Another goal was to keep it balanced and original. Also trying to maintain a "low nerd factor," which means that a people with a "real life" should be able to have fun with ST.".

Awesome, I can't believe what you have done for hundreds of people all over the world. It is very kind and considerate. So, is there any new changes in ST recently or plans of changes?

spacetrace-"Besides maintian our main goals, we plan to add some game play which is more mass compatible, so that more people will join ST. At the time, we are evolving the colony game-play which will be more easy to play to attract people who like empire building games. This game play will be more simple and may work with bigger alliances, but the main game play of ST will not be changed. In fact we hope that empire building clans will hire ST-Vets for covering their colony operations. I think this is a great chance for ST to balance mass-compatibility with the known deep game play. If you look in the colony-stats you can see that the newbie alliances have many colonies, you see this could work. It will hopefully draw some newbies into ST. After that we plan to make the creature game more interesting, easy playing, and more thrilling. With that we could have many game-play-layers in ST, which makes ST very unique and original."

Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of yourself. Ok, going off subject a bit. Tell us more about your life. Do you have a family? What is your lifestyle like?

spacetrace-"I don't have any kids, but never say never. I try to earn some money with computer stuff. I am a physicist. A very important thing for me is windsurfing/surfing. I always try to be on the water and ride some waves. Admin and I are going surfing some time."

Fantastic! I myself enjoy being on the water, not so much surfing, but water skiing or even being pulled on a tube behind a speed boat. Anyways, do you work on other projects other than Spacetrace?

spacetrace-"Spacetrace is the main, fun project. If I'm not busy doing something I'm usually developing Spacetrace. I stopped playing other games, and I still enjoy playing Spacetrace."

Amazing how much time you put into developing such an outstanding game. How has Spacetrace effected your life?

spacetrace-"A child's dream came true with ST. As a kid I always dreamed of a game like ST. Some ST players visited us here at home and I was very proud to meet such gentle people who enjoyed our game. It is a great pleasure to offer something that people can enjoy all over the world. I am very pleased to meet people from Venezuela, Slovenia, Scotland, Belgium. You name it. This is fun, isn't it?"

Of course! I remember winning my first battle ever. Of course it was a fluke but I still remember the satisfaction of overcoming the enemy. Then I was hooked. Have you made any friends across the country making this game? Or even across the world?

spacetrace-"Some German players visited us, in fact one of the greatest ST player, Wizard of Oz, helped us a lot is visiting us frequently. I hope some day some foreign people will visit us."

Believe me, if I were to ever be in the area, I would definitely pay a visit. Who helped and how did you get the game started? How long did it take you to program the game?

spacetrace-"We did it basically alone, some gentle people like Wizard of Oz, Jam of Gaddim, Marlito, Spyder, DD and many more (such as yourself) helped us a lot. The programing was hard some times. It took about 1 year to get it running, but it isn't ready yet, it will never be ready."

Thanks, and I'm sure the player also help you out with their support and being "testers". But I have one more question before you go, how long do you plan to keep ST going?

spacetrace-"As long as I live, I hope."

Well, thanks for time spacetrace, we all know your job out there as one of the programmers of Spacetrace.

spacetrace-"Thank you for the interview!"

Well there you have it folks, from the man himself. The Galaxy would be nothing without him. And that wraps up another edition of GNN news, God Speed folks.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject:

--------------------------BREAKING NEWS--------------------------
NoStars' Flag has been Stolen! War has been declared! Fleets are on the move! Who! Why! When! The answers here in your new edition of GNN News!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome Back to another amazing edition of your Galactic News! In the headlines today is war has been declared between The Order of Chaos and NoStars. In other news, --FG-- pulled ahead in the fight for first. And RobertRoy returns and is already stirs up a commotion in space. A glance at the score board shows --FG-- pulling ahead of NoStars. NoStars are a bit busy themselves trying to find their flag. The Order of Chaos stays behind the pack.

Fools Gold [--FG--].................89500
NoStars° [NS]........................80800
The Order of Chaos [TOC] .......9700
Trailer Park Crew [T.P.C.]....]...6900
The Last Stop [DMT]..................300

And a look at the top player score board shows Buzzy of The Beehive buzzing away collecting points as if it was honey. Not too far behind is Carialuda of Ludaeosus and Collector of Points. The Scores go as followed.

1. Buzzy of The Beehive..............43824
2. Carialuda of Ludaeosus............40628
3. Collector of Points....................38402
4. Imperial Wizzard of TheLastOne..32141
5. Lady_Blue of Laguna_Prime.......31286
6. Regiment 32 of Tannenberg.......30000
7. Connor McCloud of Highlands.....17002
8. Chariots of Fire.........................12032
9. The Tramp of of TrailerPark.......11850
10. Smithy... of Planet XYZ............10854

In other news, RobertRoy, a famous -TO- member has returned in hopes to find a real challenge. It has been reported he has given out his coordinates and requested that people attack him.

RobertRoy-"I am attacking everybody on my list, going from close to far away. Hoping to visit everybody I've got now in this round."

What kind of challenge will he get with this kind of request? So if you ever get bored and need someone to take your anger out, simply contact RobertRoy and he'll provide you with his coordinates where you can find him.

\\\\\\\\\\ToC
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\VS
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\NoStars

The Battle is On! The Order of Chaos is stirring up.. well, Chaos! NoStars happens to be the victims in this attack. ToC has obtained the flag of NoStars and declared war. We went to NoStars to get more details.

When asked what happened, SkyFire, the leader of NoStars, replied:

"It was an unprovoked covert operation of TOC that implanted a spy in our ranks. When the recruit first approached me he asked me if i would like him to spy for us. I told him that our ways are way more direct and the value of information does not outweigh the image damage that it would cost. We like to be seen as good strategists on the battlefield and not in the area of diversion.

It seems that this guy was very bent on his plan on becoming a spy. I presume that after I turned him down as a spy, but accepted as a full member of NS, he went to TOC, sold our information to them and defected. All in all I'm not opposed to any spying activity, I very much welcome it because it brings a new edge to the warfare. What i am opposed to though is his behavior after his cover fell. I guess we've all been following the "MJ insult" scandal.. let me just say that MJ was not the only one insulted, but the others have taken it with more humor - which does not excuse his behavior. Let me just say he spammed our alliance personal messages with homosexual fornication descriptions.
We received a more or less honest apology and are ready to move on."

And when asked The Order of Chaos simply it was an act of war. To stir up things a bit. It was pre-planned and executed flawlessly. When asked for any other information, they simply stated:

The Order of Chaos will Reign Superior once More!

Thank you for tuning into another edition of GNN news, until next time!
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: NoStars' Get Their Flag Back With a Little Extra

The Order of Chaos' Intelligence Station after the Battle of Stars.

NoStars' have Captured their flag back! And in just the niche of time. With only a mere .5% left to the full 20%, NoStars busted into the Flag Station to claim what was rightfully theirs. This didn't come so easy for them though. The Order of Chaos held their ground but in the end it was just too much for them to handle.

A participate of the battle for The Order of Chaos replied:

Minion-"There must of been over 50,000 worth of man power there."

All of which is reduced to merely motherships and a few stray ships now. The only question now is:

Is the War still on? Will there be another flag capture attempt?

-----Interruption-----

Wait, what..? Serious? Already? Ok, thanks..

It has come to my attention that NoStars have just returned the favor to The Order of Chaos! Yes, the tables have been turned and now the Order is found themselves looking for what is their's. Things have just gotten a little warmer in space.

Updates soon on the story.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Money Are In Debt and TheFirm Are Not Far Behind

***We did it folks! We got our rent back! Now we can start transmitting galactic news to the masses!***

Hello fellow space hoppers!!! Welcome to your very latest instalment of GNN. I am your reporter, Longtime Nosee.

And our top story today! The Order of Chaos have been not so orderly and taken not one, but two flags in the same week. One stolen from the deep dark bank vaults of the alliance Money, and the other being from the alleged multy alliance, TheFirm.

TheFirm's Flag Commander comes back home to an empty base.

According to a ToC spokesperson, Money made no attempt to recapture what was theirs and Thefirm have not done much better with only two attacks in the last fortnight.

So, will TheFirm make any attempt to reclaim what it rightfully (or wrongly) theirs? Will ToC continue to shine a new light under the begining of the ninth era? Or will another brave alliance put them in their place? Well stay tuned for up and coming info on this compelling story!!

In other news, three seemingly unshakeable alliances stay at the top of the leaderboard, and not to any ones' surprise, one of them is Warriors of The Fallen Star, more commonly known as WFS, because their other name is waaay too long!

I had a small interview with Rick, a longstanding member of the team and asked him what his alliances' intentions where for this era.

‘Rick, what are your intentions for this era?’

‘We want to win, and we’ll do whatever it takes.’

It seems WFS are so busy planning how they’re gonna win, that they haven’t even thought about what their gonna call the next era if they are successful. But who can blame them? They're not one of spacetraces' best alliances for nothing you know.

And finally, thet's have a quick look at the leaderboard:

Well, that concludes this weeks' instalment of GNN, but stay tuned because sooner or later (rather later), we will be back with more news for the masses of you out there! Bye for now!
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: WFS - Get a load of this!

Hi there! And welcome to the latest of edition of GNN!

Coming up in today’s hour long edition:

---Al12 speaks about WFS’s quest to hinder the mighty ToC, using a devious Flag Capture---

---Professional betting odds from BetBot on who is going to be Number 1 placed as the ninth era reaches halfway---

---More info on the up-and-coming Spacetrace Poem Competition---

*Jazzy news-style theme tune goes here*

Hello, I’m your host, Thelia Tone. And yes.. I’m a sexy, sazzy, female news reader, sitting on the luckiest chair in the Galaxy.

Let’s go live to Ollie Williams on the dazzling planet of SpringValley for our top story tonight.

Hello there! I’m joined by the planets’ leader, Baca, more commonly known as al12 on the intergalactic forum. Now, Baca, could you tell us what’s going on between your alliance, Warriors of the Fallen Star, and the flame grilled ToC?

Sure Ollie - we’ve stolen their flag and we’re gonna keep it!

Well, you seem very happy at the moment Al12! Exuberated in fact! Now, could you tell me how you stole it exactly?

With HQ invaders of course!

What a novel idea! And do you really think your gonna keep the flag?

Sure we will. We’ve already made several thousand duplicates of it anyway, so it’s gonna be very hard for ToC to find which one it is!

Great! Well, seeing as we’re in the centre of a 1980’s Steven Speilburg film, I’m gonna pass over at 80mph to you in the studio Thelia!

Great.. Well, it seems as if WFS are as happy as a pig in muck.

A pig in muck

But.. What about on the other side? How are ToC coping? I had an interview earlier with B503 of YUKIKAZE, a ToC spokesperson.

Hello there B503.

Hi there Miss Tone.

You can call me Thelia… Anyway.. Let’s get this interview started. What was your reaction when your flag was taken?

It wasn't a shock to much of us because we’re underdogs at this game.

Oooh.. I see… well, do you think you have a good chance of getting it back?

Hell yeah! After all the lessons that TO gave us, we can get it back.

So, got any harsh feelings towards WFS?

Yes. Towards one of their members at least... this whole thing started with Ajv of Fri and his big mouth. All his trash talk at Escaflowne, about how he would clean her base out... And trash talking about Hellbringer in the forums. And telling Esca we couldn't get the flag even if he told us it's location of it. Now, I'm a newbie here, and from what I can tell, this is the same stuff I heard about this guy when he used to be with in PSD.

Your speeches excite me....

Yes, well, thanks Thelia. We’ve called past members of the alliance and told ‘em that they’ve got something worth fighting for. Ajv sent a message to one of our members saying he doesn't care what happens after a newbie from TF wiped out his base, but, he wants to know Hellbringers new name in the game so that he can wipe him out. What a headcase. Here’s my proof:

Well, while ToC point fingers at a lone standing WFS member...

Members of ToC pointing fingers at a lone standing WFS member

The fight continues, with WFS now having claimed 6.4% of ToC’s flag.

Now! Let’s start on today’s feature presentation. Fancy having a bit of a punt during the halfway stage of the era? Let’s pass you over to BetBot!!!

Hello!!! I’m live from the famous casino, Le Hole Rouge. First of all, the odds that are going to matter most to you! Which alliance is most likely to win the era?

It’s early days yet but it seems that it’s a two horse race between NoStars and Warriors of The Fallen Star. Will we see a classic intergalactic fight towards the title? Or will there be a counter attack by peewee? We don’t know, you don’t know, but if you did, you would be very rich by now!

Ok, lets have a quick look at the odds about the ToC vs. WFS case.

And finally! For a cheap old insult at those small alliances no one really cares about, which one is most likely to call it quits within the next 24 hours?

So, it seems death is waiting at his infamous door for death angels with one sole member still battling for space glory. Will anyone help this lone ranger of will fate come spiralling down the chimney pot like so many before him?

That’s all, from BetBot.

Thanks BB. Now, before we go, let me quickly remind you of the Spacetrace competition where you could be a lucky winner of a Spacetrace card game. All you have to do is write a poem about Spacetrace. The best and most glorious will be decided after the closing date of Friday the 15th of August. So get those entries in! Each contestant receives 5 free credits, and if more than 10 people take part, the winner will receive 25 credits and a complimentary Spacetrace card game!

Well that’s all from GNN news this week.

I hope you have enjoyed my short black skirt and my
blood red lips.

And remember, there’s never a hosepipe ban when I’m around.

Goodnight!

Last edited by Galactic News Network-GNN on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » GNN Breaking News » GNN-Top Stories
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: