Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Case sensitive username

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » bug reports to be fixed » Case sensitive username
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerzuhl
Midshipman

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Case sensitive username

My Username is Nerzuhl from warcraft three but for some apparent reason someone has the username nerzuhl.

I then get a post saying the user nerzuhl must log out before the user Nerzuhl can log in.

WTF!!!!!!
kamekaze6
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Are they both your accounts??
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject:

try no caps lock
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kamekaze6
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Don't take offense to mine, it was sarcasm
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Try this , first close down your login page then reopen ST and don't paste your password

Back to top »
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject:

The log in is case sensetive and failure to get that right will get you that confusing msg.
I remember my 1st account 2 years back, it took me 4 days to actaully log onto it after creating it. LOL I kept entering all upper case characters is why
They are just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
Nerzuhl
Midshipman

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject:

No actually i have played archspace astronest and the usuals so i have not made such tell tale mistakes. Yes i have ensured all case sensitive characters have been taken into consideration. Also the username nerzuhl has a different password to mine so it must be a different account. Admin screw up i think.

WTF!!!!
Nerzuhl
Midshipman

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Sorry about the insults to the admins but i am pissed can i create another accoutn without being seen as a multi or hacker because i had a porblem when i started. I tried to register and it only asked for my password and that was all. Then i get an e-mail quoting a weird username and an even stanger password. I have then tried to create this new accoutn because of the previous screw up.
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Nerzuhl wrote:
No actually i have played archspace astronest and the usuals so i have not made such tell tale mistakes. Yes i have ensured all case sensitive characters have been taken into consideration. Also the username nerzuhl has a different password to mine so it must be a different account. Admin *** up i think.

WTF!!!!

wooooooow sorry dude its just so many noobs have came on and asked the same thing and it has been this and its very uncomon for the admin too get it wrong
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Nerzuhl wrote:
Sorry about the insults to the admins but i am *** can i create another accoutn without being seen as a multi or hacker because i had a porblem when i started. I tried to register and it only asked for my password and that was all. Then i get an e-mail quoting a weird username and an even stanger password. I have then tried to create this new accoutn because of the previous *** up.

I can sympathize with you...only 1 time I been able to smoothly transition from 1 evo to another. I always end up with a screw-up with a password/ user name...you name it. I get so frustrated sometimes. Like you !
Admin made some changes that helped it but I was still able to screw it up last time again.

Delete everything......start fresh and new...problem I had then was it ( the server) remembered my e-mail address and still wouldn't let me in.
I kept fooling with it and finally, I end up logged in with some name I didn't choose or a race I didn't want.
Yep...it's all happened to me. I put it down to me being computer dumb but ........ at least there is someone as dumb as me .

To be honest, I don't know what I did to get out of the problem but one time I ended up with 2 accounts...I just let the 1 go dead. It takes about a week. Yea...I was p.issed I would get branded the same as you are.
Especially now we are experiencing a new round of multiple accounts happening from some new players, it is a concern.
My advice is , if that happens, don't play the 1 account. People will give you the benefit of the doubt as long as you let it die by not logging on.
 Back to top »
Nerzuhl
Midshipman

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject:

So just leave it for a week or so and come back and start again then? Yeah it does sound like the same old and thanks for the advice. Yeah it seems whenever i switch it takes a while to get used to it.
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Well...the longest it took me to get back working was 3 days I think by the time I figured out how to get back in the game. Then I've dropped a spawn once during war and bad respawn placment after evo. I had to make a new ID & pass and just let the old account die.

So...you don't have to wait a week to play, just don't go near your old account untill it's time to respawn again...then ...you will have double the trouble...no...just kidding but...man...why can it be so confusing to pre-Bill Gates style of thinking ???
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » bug reports to be fixed » Case sensitive username

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: