Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
What councils are out there?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » old topics » What councils are out there?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquee
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 2:59 am    Post subject:

just wondering who the scourge will get to play with(or if need be against)
hehehe
 Back to top »
peace of love
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject:

i think the scourge should get some reputation first ...

so show us....

peace
 Back to top »
Bilerator
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject:

who is the SCOURGE ??
 Back to top »
tha bunch
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:54 pm    Post subject:

alliance name members score

The Imperial Scorge 5 0

this tells the ally-stats
 Back to top »
Hobbit
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject:

They are the new alliance which wants to kill all Space Tracers if they are not joining them...

Bye

The Hobbit
 Back to top »
tha bunch
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 7:23 pm    Post subject:

the "acient dynasties" are more than curios...
 Back to top »
Marquee
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject:

lol, i didnt say were were ganna kill you.....just take your women and plow salt into your farms, lol, jk
hehe
actaully we are just starting up here, wishing for peace for now, but i guess it is a game of war so eventaully i guess war will come, brought to us by those who resent us, lol
 Back to top »
tha bunch
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject:

haha the hobbit is scared before something has happened

Back to top »
peace of love
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 12:00 pm    Post subject:

i am wishing peace too
(for now and forever)

and i am really sad to see that s.o. in the galaxy were so nasty to burn down some of the houses of those friendly (salt)-farmers...

peace
 Back to top »
DrJevil
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject:

(the saltmen of tibet)

No we are based on honour and diplomacy, if we do war we may have rules such as we have in all of our other games. We are new and this is not yet one of our official games so we havnt made a policy or for that matter a board for it yet. Soon we will I think, this game looks great.

Ah yes we like allies, but we will not use allies simply to not be attacked. We make good allies so to say, and probably wont make allied relationships with dishonourable groups. But we dont know anything of this game yet or its politics, we know less about space cowboys than they do of us! ^ ^

Hell, I could see one of our policies going along the lines of, not attacking someone at a certain low score unless hostile to us or such. We are fair. We are Human, and most importantly our leaders are.

The goals of our cause are namely to, not have people angry at us, to treat enemies well, not to slander or abuse. No matter our position, on the top or bottom.

Nothing like slating your farms and taking your women!

But we havnt made any policy yet and havnt firgued ghe game out enough to make one yet. Though when we do we will be very coordinated and worthy. If we do rise to the top we will treat everyone well, enemy and nuetral. Our allies even better. But no one poorly, as in most games the top does. Though I dont know about this game! : )

So lets keep diplomatic options open. Were learning the game and at the same time the options and how, let say, an alliance war would work. Though we can learn fast since we are in many games.

If things go to plan we should be up and running within a few days and maybe totaly official, policy and all, then or a few days after, maybe a week at most. Probably far earlier.

http://www.avidgamers.com/IMPS

there dosnt seem to be many alliances, can anyone tell me whats up with that?
Maybe comment or ask about us some more?? : )
Tell me anything about the game and its politics? : )

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:27 am    Post subject:

as you saw there is no "rescource" to gain or to accumulate: this means the resources of the players are mostly creativity and individual tactics.

this makes politics more complicated, because the "resource" you need to conquer is the loyality of your people.( we wanted that, it shifts the gameplay to more diplomatics { you can see it would be no problem for us to programm it} )
another problem is to decide if you wanna keep a player with negative points in your alliance ( in fact this is a hard to decide sometimes ), but a bad tactican can be a good ambassador or vise-versa.
and it makes it more confrontative, because the way to gain prestige=points is battle other players.
we wanted spacetrace to be a confrontative game, and in fact its the core of it.
( maybe it pleases some kind human need in us but remember : its a game... -> so go ahead and go batteling...)
in fact multiple attacks with about 3 to 6 players are the key to succes, but some guys last round could even deal such attacks with some sophisticated fleet-strategies ( remember peace of love )

the alliance situation was last round divided in two bigger alliances and one small one.
many players play alone ( i cannot understand , we developed the game as an alliance-game -> fun, success, and youre not alone if you lose a battle )
mabye they cannot not decide which alliance they should join ? hehe... work for some ambassadors

[ This Message was edited by: spacetrace on 2002-02-22 03:28 ]
 Back to top »
peace of love
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:57 am    Post subject:

yes , somehow the game at this time seems to be 2 big alliances (but i see u are getting up) so another alliance would be good to the game...

this is also be said to non-allianced players, so maybe a forth and a fifth allaince will raise... well this round is still young

so i wonder what your position will be not concerning to points but to diplomacy in the first.
-> seems like drjevil and marquee play a little bit good cop - bad cop

-> i would consider that u shouldnt be to close to spacecowboys or empire of shadow, that will fix the 2alliance situation. but i think u r used to play independently in all the games...

so good luck,

peace of love.
 Back to top »
Warhirst
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Peace, we will, in a round or two, be completely mture, and will be one of the strongest alliances, wth The SpaceCowboys and Empire... I am not being cocky, never have and never will, unless I play football , and none of the alliance is either. DrJ, well, don't get me started on him! And Marquee, he is going to take my place as leader of this game!
The only reason, mind is hat am rounded from my computor and cannot get hardly any access. Otherwis, Marquee would get killed for even hinting he wanted to lead, j/king. I really dont care who leads, as long as we are a good alliance which I am the best ambasider this gam has ever seen

Many people have already joined our site within a few days, by me describing us, an then us showing unity by posting one after the other. That reminds me, I gotta bump...

Low score, high score, we dont care. Newbie or experienced. We dont care. As long as you are a good person. If you have a score below
-20000 then you probably deserved it. I hope I have gotten through to you that we are by no meas un-honerable and by no means care about score only...

A great gaming community
MSN=warhirst@swirve.com
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Marquee
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject:

lol, hehe, no, i was kidding with the plowing salt etc.....i was just a bit bored that day, lol
really though, we are based on honor and diplomacy, etc, we make strict polices that we use to keep our course, and not to stray from what we believe in, even under circumstances where many would be dishonest.
it is a game, it is here to have fun
so lets have some fun!
yes, this game does seem based much on alliances and i hope that we can learn how all the concept work and play to have fun!
hehe
hmmmm
that smilie tag is my buddy icon......

--Marquee
Member of The Scourge
http://www.avidgamers.com/IMPS
 Back to top »
DrJevil
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 12:03 am    Post subject:

Well sure we care of score, however warhirst is right and means not desperatly, score wont change us, or how we view others. In the end score dosnt matter, many things come first, leadership, comunication, comradery, coordination. In all of our games we always try to get the tactics settled and teach ourselves, we even make tactic pages, so we take it seriously, and we will defend, joint attack (in this game as you said hehe) and just by doing that naturaly gain score, but wed do those things with a low score, so in essence the score dosnt change us- as you put it, it dosnt matter. But we'll strive for it, not though on other peoples backs or through dishonour.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
DrJevil
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 12:06 am    Post subject:

I had almost forgotten to thank you both, spacetrace and peace and love for your generous tips, much obliged!

Back to top »
peace of love
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject:

about the honor in this game:

as the only way to get points is to fight, there is no way to play PEACE-ful and win the game.

-> but there is a way to have a "name" anyway, but doing some cool action, by beeing kind and helpful, by posting bugs and ideas in the forum and to the admins....
(i allways thought i had a good name despite of the points in the last round... but others have to decide that. some guys accused my cheating which i of course didnt do. thats just bad manner of those guys i think )

to learn s.th. bout politics is big fun to read the forum entries of last round. you ll learn some players (some like me better decided to have other names..) , strategy & tactics, and bout moral&diplomacy (-> e.g. spying)

bout moral:

the big rule is no multiaccounts of course - thats cheating and u risk to be banned from the game...
revenge: is in the manner of many players which mostly is not good for them...
treason: i never heard of anybody breaking a NAT (the general moral sais cancel it before and give the other time (bout 24h) to react onto the new situation. but breaking NATS is allowed its even allowed to attcak alliance members (this s.t. also happenes due to the wrong usage of attack infos).
spying: allowed , the imperium of last round was really angry bout that...
it gives the game in interesting note, but lead to lots of paranoia within alliances
disinformation: accurate way to confuse enemies.
total annihilition: the is none in the game as everything can be rebuild after a while. if u think u have too much minuspoints. u can restart under a new account with 0 pts but no research. u are not allowed to use the old one again of course -> otherwise multiaccounts (which is forbidden).

siege: is allowed. a single player besieging s.o. can allways be destroyed by the besieged player because he can build troops in the battlepauses (u need 24h between attacking the same guy)its not to be expected that a helpless lonely and unimportant player is to be besieged by a bigger alliance (for he isnt worth it). other players could ask for help against the siege.

so all in all the spacetracers have lot of honor. and most of them are trustable in what they do and say... some tricks are sometimes used to get some advantage.
but the best way to gain points is good diplomacy with other players, good play within the alliance and good fleet tactics...

so i fear that if u want to get a "name" in the score u cant stay peaceful but must attack s.o.
- most players take be attacked as a part ofv the game and are not angry.
--> otherwise (warhirst) its like playing football but not trying to shoot a goal because the other players might take that for bad

i hope i could have helped u
(and i wont suffer under all your now coming multiattcks n )

and i hope u will do well

greetings peace...

ps: to keep the game interesting i would ask u NOT to work together with the comboys or the empire of shadow, but form an own force.
pps: i like it that u give all teh newbees a platform to join u.

NEWBEES: join some alliances (which ever u like) or even better form a newone ( but not 100 little oneman alliances but bigger ones ...)

aargh, thats enough,

(i got blisters on my fingers)

peace

Back to top »
administrator
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject:

applause

can i say more ???
 Back to top »
untouchable
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I thought you were cheating but I just didn't understand one of my brs...
Well, Peace of Love is not cheating!
 Back to top »
peace of love
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject:

untouchable: thx for restoring my honor

peace of love
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » old topics » What councils are out there?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: