Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Login problem

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » Login problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajr42

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Login problem

I've just started this game, and whenever I try to login I get to the main menu, but there is a message at the bottom of the screen that says 'you are not logged in - please press the reload button of your browser', and whenever I try to go onto one of the submenus (e.g. HQ) it tells me to either press the reload button or reenter my password - I've tried both, but it still comes up with the same problem! Does anyone know what I can to to solve this problem?
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I have had log-in probs as well. It's difficult to define exactly where or what the problems I encountered are however by doing a lot of frigging around and trying different things I was able to finally re-register and play again.
Frustrating to say the least.
Luck to you
 Back to top »
ajr42

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject:

I've pressed every button I can find, and even 2 hidden ones, and it still doesn't work! Can anyone tell me how I can delete my account so that I can re-register?
 Back to top »
Kamekaz6

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject:

don t bother deleting just register with a new username and leave the old one...
 Back to top »
ajr42

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject:

It won't let me create a new account because it will only allow 1 account per email address (and I only have 1 email address!).
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject:

Ajr...you are experiencing exactly the same thing that happened to me. Not that it does you any good but I thought I was losing it big time.
I eventually changed my log in name and kept my same e-mail address and it worked. I have had probs every time I respawned in trying to create a new account.
I still do not know why this aspect of the game is so difficult to accomplish for some. I thought it was my interpretation of the descriptive language used to guide you in deleting accounts or respawning. I think it's something that is taken for granted by admin. Something that when you know "it" it's easy but performing it the first or second time it's not as clear as one might think it should be. Maybe there is some sort of bug that happens on occassion?
 Back to top »
ajr42

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the help. Can you tell me how I can change my login name please?[/quote]
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject:

under prefference
 Back to top »
ajr42

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm guessing that 'preferences' is in the 'HQ' submenu - if thats the case then I can't get to it, because whenever I try to get onto any of the submenus it claims that I'm not logged in!
 Back to top »
T-2

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject:

It's a real dog of a thing to do and I hope you think it's worth it but you could make a e-mail address thirough hotmail and start the whole registry thing over again.
T2 wishes you best of luck
 Back to top »
ajr42

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the idea, but my current email address is already with hotmail! Never mind, I guess I'll just have to give up
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Admin...perhaps you should examine the procedure again. This is the 2nd person that I know of not counting myself who have had similar problems . In my experience, the prob seemed to be in establishing a new start at the end of evo. Exactlly the same as ajr. . Perhaps somehow, you could provide a button that deletes old accounts immediatly instead of having to wait the 3 days for a old account to delete itself.
It's really not good for business if customers can't get in the door and it encourages the forming of 2 accounts for the determined.

Anyone else had any problems?
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » Login problem

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: