Register
Witch-hunt

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Multi reports » Witch-hunt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tofu
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject:

We should be more careful with multi imputations!

The tfp-alliance is definetely very suspicious, because they have similar and not very creative names (solo, leia, wookie,...), but that is not enough. They also have similar online times (but only some of them!!!), but their explanation isn´t that farfetched.
I opened this topic, because some posts of the accused players attracted my attention.

yupyup:
Quote:
children cheldren children.

Everu time you guys have a big mouth and now youre ass get kicked by the TFP you must cry baby.
Sure is my ass where kicked by the tfp i should shame me to.
So if youre ass get's kicked youre point youre finger at multi-account.

well i can tell you:

we always or same time online because:

we work together at the same company:
maybe we make appointmenst to go online(maybe you must do the same instead od crying)

ciao,

little child,

sneaky:
Quote:
Don't forget we are no multi's
Don't believe everything that people say here in this forum.
If whe where realy multi's the admin had kicked us from the game.
But we are no multi's
If one man says something everybody follows.
Thats sad.
So what you are doing is the revenche of the war we had against the tradefed.
And everybody follows that.

Connor McCloud:
Quote:
Weylyn before you go screaming death to all multi's you should look into your own alliance !! Isn't it strange that Lady Apple gets protection of Darksniper for 3d14h , and that both players are of-line for the exact same time ??
Could you please explane this to me ??

Aelleon you spoke about the strange working hours . Well we work in 3 shifts early , mid and nightshift I'll hope this explanes the weird hours
For the same time attacks we've learned this from you .
You and Kingtiger attacked the base of Leia with this tactic
we've done the same at the base of Kingtiger and now you're saying that we're multi's , we're learning this game by the attacks placed at our alliance and when we are doing the same we're no good . I think you don't want another big alliance in the game , because there would be a possibillity that you will lose points after we've learned the game and become as good as you're. But what the f**k the more you attack the more we'll learn , so what comes arround goes arround.

I think i don´t have to state the differences, but i would be a shame if people like Connor McCloud leave Spacetrace because of a defamation. People that learn something by the attacks on them, without getting frustrated have the potential of becoming great players.

We all know, that multis are the most serious problem of Spacetrace, but don´t let suspisiousness ruin the game for everybody!
 Back to top »
vikingnl
Midshipman

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Finaly somebody how sees beyond the first accusation. We may look suspicious (and believe me there are obvious signes that make us look like multies). But Let the admins decide about that. You have made the message clear and I am convinced that they are looking into it.

If the admins find me guilty I will leave the game. But I have nothing to fear. So lets play the game, like it was supposed to be, an await their decision.
 Back to top »
jellez
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject:

very strange
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
steven1982
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I think Tofu is right, i have been in one attack by them on a fellow alliance member, they came with 6 fleets and and totally lost

And they had simular incoming times with their fleets.

But however, that makes me question one thing.
If for example i would be a multi, how could i possible login with 2 accounts at the same time???? and how would i exactly start off the fleets of the 2 accounts simular, I ONLY HAVE 2 HANDS AND ONE PC!!

I know that i can open 2 windows with my browser offcourse, but i cannot send the fleets simular to the second, but they had 3 fleets coming in, with no more then a second diffirence between.

Therefor i find it more lickely that they are more persons working together, getting such a good coordination, in my former job i did the same with my collegue who was in the same alliance as me, we also always had same online times, and were able to do simular attacks (only due to tactics we didn't gave simular incoming time, but that's another story lol).
However, FTP behaviour is still a bit suspicious, but Admin allready took steps against most of them, so why would they make same mistake twice.

I am not sure, they could be multi's, but i am not sure.

Greets

If he is taking his ease, give him no rest.
If his forces are united, separate them.

Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

-- Sun Tzu, the art of war --

[ This Message was edited by: steven1982 on 2004-06-15 16:56 ]
 Back to top »
BladeTech
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject:

well now that you guys say that, then we should be more careful of our suspicions. anyways, one thing to point out is that some of the them have left the game, suggesting that there is more than one player in the alliance. they still may be multies but it seems as though their circumstances have been well explained. anyways guys, if people wage wars against you b/c they think you are multies, then you will surely gain lots of fighting experience from the war eh?
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject:

exacly morgorth its just 1 big whitch hunt (altough i can talk after the nazgul insident)
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dutchbatter
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Multi's is a big problem in ST, that is right.

But tofu and steven has both a point.

So we can making war on the forum, but that has no sence.

If tfp is not a multi alliance (mabey they where, because step are already taken), why call them multi over and over.

If they are not multi and some players left ST because they don't like to be called a multi, than we ruining ST. So i think it is best to stop calling people multi and if we think someone is multi, report it by the admin.

To all multi's in ST, you all see we don't like multi's. Please keep the game clean and delete your multi account.

I stop now calling people multi and i hope all others will do that to. Because personally i don't like to be called multi too, if i am not a multi.

I trust tfp now, that they are not a multi at this moment. Probally they where (because the message of the admin "steps are already taken"), but this is history between them and the admin.
 Back to top »
BladeTech
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject:

thatz right....i agree. we could be turning away potentially good players. and besides publicly denouncing anyone like that isn't really cool, especially without hard evidence
 Back to top »
Investigator
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Don't want to get into this discussion acutally, but I think you are like a traffic light. Going red going green, I would say stick to a well considered judgement. Second I want to add that "steps are already taken" message only displays if someone is (PRESENT) guilty.
 Back to top »
Aeleon
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject:

I don't think the admins have taken steps against them. The investigators have found many of them guilty of being multis(this to me is hard evidence) and sent them warnings and I believe asked them to close some of thier accounts(the investigatos cannot close the accounts from what I have been told). This is what 'steps are being taken against this user' means. I had not been attacked by them before the multi war and not even now. I had engaged them at a couple of their bases, one in retal for attack on a Privateer, before the the multi war. I had no reason to have a vendetta on them. If I were to accuse players just because of conflicts I would have accused WoC, but they are not multis so I don't. If the investigators did not have enough evidence to convict so many of them we would not be having this discussion now, because I would not have called for action. I don't consider calling players multis as a light matter and would not do it if I did not believe it to be true.
@Steven1982: Yes you can open up several account windows and set your fleet coords in then go through and hit the modify button on each window to send at very close times. But I don't think this is what most of them do, because they seem to have minutes apart times which suggest that they log in on one account log out, then log in on the other.

This is not a witch hunt, it is a legitimate response to a legitimate problem. And if it is not dealt with, it will come back around and bite each of us in the ass.

[ This Message was edited by: Aeleon on 2004-06-16 02:55 ]
 Back to top »
steven1982
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Second I want to add that "steps are already taken" message only displays if someone is (PRESENT) guilty.

This changes things offcourse.....

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject:

well i didn't mean it to sound like that but i was just saying that these guys have denied all the "evidence" pretty soundly
 Back to top »
An offer you cant refuse
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject:

Blade, all the evidence has not been presented.

The admin states that they are surely multis, or at least that they were at one point in time. There is no doubt that "steps are already taken" players were multis.

Also, several of them have deleted their accounts, presumably multi accounts.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BladeTech
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject:

oh i see. well that just means that SOME of them are multies for sure while the rest are in question right?
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Multi reports » Witch-hunt

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: