Register
Help for a Noobie

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » Help for a Noobie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[_NaN_]
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Whats the best tactic to use against Plague Ships and Nano Viruses? My race is human.

Any help would be great...

Lou of East from West
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject:

1. be fast
2. viruses must be recyled as soon as u get them if u got ships in same class
or
2. If u have only viruses in some class leave those, couse enemy could mistake them for ships. So 1000 viruses in class 1 (w/o any other ship in class 1), on dsp will appear as ships, and enemy can't be sure are they figters or viruses .

[ This Message was edited by: Lou of East from West on 2004-02-12 15:41 ]
 Back to top »
plasmator
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject:

best is to destroy the plague ships.

just have some cruisers and you get 120 points for every destroyed plague ship .
 Back to top »
Lou of East from West
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject:

LoL, no tap them on their head, and send them home. With gifts, preferably.

Basic cruisers are best vs. all c3 ships. in worst case u will have no points.

[ This Message was edited by: Lou of East from West on 2004-02-12 17:18 ]
 Back to top »
[_NaN_]
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Hey, Thank you both. So, I guess I'll use more Cruisers then in that particular fight anyway.

Tweety
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Shame on you guys.

Both of you told him to use cruisers. But both left out one important bullet in there: Dont attack plague ships which are in battle groups - all you who like plague ships, think about using them effective!

I'm sure that you, Lou and Plasmator, do have his coords. @[_NAN_] their tips are good, but watch your incomings!

I should check my com list...

[ This Message was edited by: Tweety on 2004-02-12 22:04 ]
 Back to top »
[_NaN_]
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Tweety, I'll will keep that in mind. The reason I asked is that I already had 2 of my fleets Half destroyed because of those Ships. I just will have to learn to adapt.

steven1982
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject:

Hey Plague ships are pretty easy targets, they don't fight other ships, so easy 120 points each. But beware, because when they have a second fleet following, you are fucked <--- damn i used the f word....
but if they are in a alone fleet the only thing they do if give you nanovirusses, and those you can recycle when you bring them at your planet, or use as a decoy ( they show up as 1 ship for every virus on a dsp ) just what you want, but don't ever keep virusses with ships, because they destroy your ships whenever you are attacked or do a attack.
but as long as you keep the virusses isolated there is no problem, for example you have 600 class 1 virusses, 60 class 2 virusses and 6 class 3 virusses, put them in your base, recycle some of them because 600 60 6 is to obvious for your opponent, make them in a right balance, and everybody who has a dsp on your base and haven't studied all your moves and fleets will think that you have a massive fighting force at home, and therefor won't attack you, however if they attack a nanovirus "fake fleet" will have the same effect as a 1 1 1 defence at your planet, so think of the benefits the plague ship brings you, no defense needed unless the attacker which uses them has multiple fleets, but i never met somebody who works that way (pretty stupid anyway) so mostly you will have nothing to fear from plague ships and their virusses, as long as you use them the "right" way......

And if you ever encounter someone who uses plagueships followed by another fleet, you'll know that you deal with someone who knows how to use them, and better pray that you can act quick enough to get those virusses out of your main fleet before the second fleet kicks in. But if i ever use them, i'll make sure you won't have time for such actions....
So whenever you encounter somebody with that attitude, it is best to have a massive class 3 i guess, so you will have little losses, but however class 3 ships are expensive...
So best defense against plagues remains the standard cruiser i think, but if somebody attacks with only 1 fleet with plagues, you'll have no problem if you can act quick enough to isolate the virusses.

At least that is how i work most of the time, and i never failed with it....
Greets

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

[ This Message was edited by: steven1982 on 2004-02-13 00:23 ]
 Back to top »
BladeTech
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject:

you can also intentionally fight with plague ships. nano viruses have some uses.....
 Back to top »
[_NaN_]
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject:

@steven1982: That fake fleet idea is not bad. I never thought of it that way. Although I doubt I'll use that technique, but good for a trick or two to buy some time. Thanks for the indepth information.

Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject:

the best ships is the warcruser, but u can use combinations with flamingos, or drearnouds, the plague ship is a easy target, but if the enemy have 2 fleets u can lose, so a good way for combat 2 fleets is using the pirate flagueships, or maybe the other secret of the game be conected and run to your base, for put those in your base or recycle them, if the enemy only have plague ships and no c1 and c2, u can use kamis, or fighters, also troikas or any ship class 2, only plague ships is an easy target, the warcruser is the most efective ship vs all the class 3 except with dread and the cruseir, so u can use an scout for know wich is the enemy fleet cuz if he has cruseir with plague ships, u have to use cruseir, or a combo with flamingo... and dont use dread vs a planet with defensive array u can lose a few points, but tose are really importants... if u are human u also can use the plague ship if u dont want, i`ll tell this for newbs or players whose are interesting.
always do this 1 c1 1c2 and plague ships, if the enemy have a lot of class 3, use
mycioloyd: dominator and cloud cruser, and single cruseir
nanite:
major reconstructor, cloud cruser, cruseir
human: flamingo
but this really dosnt matter, all is about the battle situations, a single example
1 c1 1c2 and 7plague ships major reconstructor vs anormal fleet whose is a good(no perfect) battle situation 800 class 1, 80 class 2, 20 class 3 (standard ships)
if u have the major u dont lose any point except for the ships c1 and c2, if u havent it so u lose your 7 plague ships (840mp) and he 3 cruseir (180 mp) u lose 660 pts. so for the next battle you must have at least the same fllet of your enemy,
800 class 1, 80 class 2(if u can build plague ships also troika or detroyers and mobile repair bots!!) and 15 c3 if u can with the major, so the nanoviruses only destroy the half fleet of your enemy cuz them have to take a turn so u win 400 pts in c1 battle, 320 pts at class 2 b. and 720 in c3
u win 1440-660=780 i think is good, but u need be connected in the br's time and if u have the major reconstrcutor u win 1000 pts
remember all depend of the battle situation, how many plague ships u have, and all the score are aprox!!
 Back to top »
ir4s
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
 Back to top »
pitraptor
Midshipman

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject:

Simply, don´t attack them and they wont release the virus. If u suspect that the fleet that is comming has plague ships, recycle all your class 3 but one ship and try to decimate his other classes. Special attack ships wont activate his powers if they don´t have the chance to do it.

Anyway, if he attacks you whit two fleets you are f***ed. But in any case two fleets attacks of any kind of ships always means BAD NEWS...
 Back to top »
[_NaN_]
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject:

Hey thanks everyone for the information. I'm putting it all to good use at present... so far so good.

Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject:

pitraptor, u dont need recicles your class 3, because if u are i your base, so destroy the plague ships and recycles the nanoviruses, if not u put your class 3 in another fleet.. and attack with 1, if the enemy have less than 20 plague ships u wont put any class 3 in your fleet cuz the plague ships dont destroy your MS. but pitraptor is right, if u dont want nanoviruses so dont give them(plagueships) a turn for attack.
ir4s (blah blah) jaja q coño quieres decir, que estoy diciendo vainas que son verdad y que no kieres q la descubran? y que mas como esta la vaina? ya tiene otra cuenta?
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » Help for a Noobie

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: