Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Leagues!?!

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Leagues!?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuclearmin
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject:

We all have a multi problem (except the multis). The only property which makes a difference between a multi and a "normal" player is that the multi is no good player.
So maybe we can invent "leagues" for this game, like

Top 50

Place 50-200

Place 250-500

With Ranking system and things like this.

What do you think about it, community?

Nuke.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
wizz
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject:

i can see the idea

but i think its fine that we all together play spacetrace in a big community and we should not let us spoil that by multies.

but maybe some players think leagues a good idea by other reason:
"veterans" which want the direct challenge with other veterans.
"newbees" that dont want to be attacked by players of whom they fear to have no chance.

a league mode would not solve the multiproblem, because you can multi in a league as well (i wont tell here how, if you wanna know, nuke, privat message me )

there are allways some kiddos who cant withstand cheating and even though they dont archieve too many points by doing this they are a nuisance. they give lots of points to veterans who easy can deal with them and crush newbees who might even leave the game afterwards

and it might lead to some of the following which all will be sad:

- nothing done, multies still a nuisance

- no more login from the same ip, sad for ppl who REALLY share a computer

- spacetrace costs a fee (e.g. 10$ => 10 multies = 100$, noone would), but its not the spirit of the admins who spent much time to present a FREE game. in addition lots of players would leave if they had to pay.

- hard banning of multies, lots of work for admins and from time to time someone not guilty will be banned

- temporarly or durable shutdown of the spacetrace server, we had that before allready and the only joy in it is that the multies are out of game as well

i think at the moment there are mostly honest players in the game but those multies grow.

the community and the admins must think of what to do with them ...

[ This Message was edited by: wizz on 2003-06-30 14:24 ]
 Back to top »
darklim
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject:

I don't have credit cards or something can pay!!!!
I suggest to the Admin. to search new people to the team of Admin.
Destroying multi is more easy is you are more
But THE COALITION!!!

Whityz0r
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject:

mmmm... well it is very difficult to solve this problem...

but this should be added: no more login from the same ip, sad for ppl who REALLY share a computer (also check if the IP of any player belongs to a Pr*x*, etc)

anyways.. the multi creators are having fun right now... they think that they could do anything they want (and they do)... so the BAN PARTY should start SOMEDAY!! (i hope so)

idea*... when a player complete the registration process in spacetrace.. the nick & password should be added to the Forum DB automatically... i mean 1 registration for the 2 things (game & forum).. in that way maybe more players should participate in the forum (because they are already registered).. and also we should know more members than we know right now...

also*... maybe should be an option in the registration page... something like "u want a spacetrace teacher? (Y/N)"... (hahaha)... if they say "yes" then they automatically join a Teachers alliance for newbies... (they cant quit the alliance for a couple of weeks)... they are going to be trained for a couple of weeks.. and then they will be released... (maybe in that alliance they are going to meet other ppl.. and when the training ends.. they could create a new alliance, with real players... or maybe if the newbie wants to join a good alliance... the Teacher could talk with the leader of that alliance about the skills of the new player, and maybe the good alliance could accept him...) *lafin* this is FUN!!! hehehehehehehe

WELL.. I DONT KNOW!!!...

pd: i like the Leagues idea but not for eliminate multis... just the idea

if we dont do something this round... maybe i'm not going to play the next one... multis unbalance the game and that sucks

/EOF

[ This Message was edited by: Whityz0r on 2003-07-02 07:01 ]
 Back to top »
masterp
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject:

every computer has it's own ip and if a "spacetracer" gets online the server must save his ip and if he looged in with the same ip but another username then delete one of this accounts!!!

Greetings
 Back to top »
Nuclearmin
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject:

I dont know how its in other countrys, but its too easy in Germany with a DSL or Modem Commection because you dont have a static IP. Every new login you get a new IP.

But think about the leagues... Multis are unbalancing the game a lot, have a look in Top 10. This huge amount of points is a result of fighting against n00b-fleets and lots of them. It isnt possible to gain 5000 points against a fleet of an experienced, online player. Maybe with a bit luck, maybe if the wiz is fighting against the Pianist. But not in a normal case.

I am thinking about leaving the game after this round, because of that, too. And I would say absolutely nothing against a fee of 10$ or €. Its not too much and the webspace could be paid. Maybe some advertising could be paid, too.

Some thoughts... dont know... but think about it and post here.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
kamekaze6
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject:

i v got three accounts.
but only because in the first two i used my hotmail email and the password didn't go through!
now i am using a new e mail
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JaM
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject:

How is your reply relevant to this topic?
 Back to top »
kamekaze6
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject:

wrong topic meant to send to other
sorry
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Leagues!?!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: